Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LIS to GRU TP Biz from €536 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2021, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
LATAM: LIS to GRU from €551 and earn 2950 MQDs (Biz)

Very good fare for non-stop travel from Lisbon, Portugal to Sao Paulo, Brazil with LATAM.
Delta published earning charts for LATAM and this fare would earn 150% MQMs and RDMs as well as 30% of distance as MQDs. Travel is valid till end of June so the usual Covid-19 warnings apply.

LIS-GRU would earn 14748 MQMs 2950 MQDs 4.43 MQD Ratio

Delta Diamond members earn 32446 RDMs, Platinum 26546 RDMs, Gold 23597 RDMs, Silver 20647 RDMs, Base 14748 RDMs

LIS to GRU from €551
The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page. Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals
Old Apr 23, 2021, 10:37 am

Business class (J) on Tap Air Portugal from Lisbon to Sao Paulo.
The outbound flight must be on or before June 30, the return can be whenever you want.
The price €536 can be found on Irish Skyscanner (Sorry, I can't attach links yet).
Alex1983 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 11:17 am
Suspended

Wow! I would be all over this like a rash if it wasn't for all the travel hassles at the moment.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 11:32 am

Given Brazil's reckless attitude to covid and yet having the cheek to ban UK flights/travellers. Its a hard pass.

Very tempting bargain as it is, just not worth the hassle. Don't fall for TAPs bait people
downinit likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by wanderupfront
Given Brazil's reckless attitude to covid and yet having the cheek to ban UK flights/travellers. Its a hard pass.

Very tempting bargain as it is, just not worth the hassle. Don't fall for TAPs bait people
Perhaps try LATAM's bait?
LIS-GRU would earn 14748 MQMs 2950 MQDs 4.43 MQD Ratio for Delta flyers...

side note: Alerted Mods to merge the threads
Old Apr 23, 2021, 12:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jfkeze
LIS-GRU would earn 14748 MQMs 2950 MQDs 4.43 MQD Ratio for Delta flyers...
You can also route through MAD for roughly the same price. MAD-LIS / LIS-MAD on IB for some additional flying which you can credit to OW. (It's a bit cumbersome, sure, but I have flown such mixed-alliance bookings on LATAM stock before and it's possible to credit different flights to different programs...)

https://www.google.com/travel/flights/s/pQEa

^^^^The example under the link is €587.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 12:08 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by wanderupfront

reckless attitude? Have you seen it? I felt way more comfortable in Rio late March / early April than in Czech. And yes, I am coming back there next weekend again. Stop believing in horrible news you see online. Live.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by 747jetter
reckless attitude? Have you seen it? I felt way more comfortable in Rio late March / early April than in Czech. And yes, I am coming back there next weekend again. Stop believing in horrible news you see online. Live.
Based on several people of my team working remotely from Brazil and close friends who have been on the ground recently... formed my opinion. Not the "horrible news". But each to their own.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 4:41 pm

I am sorry to say this but you feeling comfortable in Rio does not necessarily reflect the true picture of what is going on there. - over 2000 people dying daily (and possibly an underestimate) and ineffective government intervention.

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2021/04/05...inst-humanity/
ijgordon likes this.

Last edited by kilo; Apr 23, 2021 at 5:39 pm
Old Apr 23, 2021, 6:11 pm

Programs: banned from AA
I live in Brazil. Anyone saying our situation is anything other than "totally f***ed up" is not aware of our bad our pandemic is here right now.
I highly recommend people not visit our amazing country right now. It's worth visiting, just not now.
Also, LATAM and TAP are horrible with refunds, so be careful about buying with them on flights that might not happen.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 2:20 am

I know this is going OT but a little disrespectful to the THOUSANDS of people dying daily in the 'non tourist' parts of Brasil (ie 95% of the country). I'm happy tourists aren't having to witness it from the beaches of Rio And not only that, but an undignified and unnecessary death due to such things as no anaesthetics or oxygen available. The country is in a crisis. No two ways about it,

I say this as a Brasillian NOT relying on the online hysteria. Within ten days I lost two extended family members to COVID, one of whom had to be intubated without sedation as the hospital had run out.
irishguy28 and ijgordon like this.

Last edited by 108912; Apr 25, 2021 at 2:41 am
Old Apr 25, 2021, 2:22 am

Deleted

Last edited by 108912; Apr 25, 2021 at 2:41 am
Old Apr 25, 2021, 3:40 am

Why this offer. Is the demand 0 because of the situation described above?
Old Apr 25, 2021, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
If you behave sensibly in either country then it's unlikely you will be infected and require hospitalisation. But should you be unlucky, there could be a stark difference between outcomes in each country.

Tourists can be short-sighted. When i lived in Sao Paulo we'd meet visitors, host guests, who gently pooh-poohed the low-level caution we took in our daily lives. Most of them were fortunate, returning home with the same impression of paranoia among Brasilians. Some witnessed, and a couple experienced, the arbitrary nature of endemic robbery and violence.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 10:38 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Well of course I behave sensibly and feel a bit more secure after I had Covid but I can compare my two weeks in Rio in February and two weeks late March and April and I also witnessed that the crowds behave way better.
ElJudioErrante likes this.

Last edited by 747jetter; Apr 25, 2021 at 11:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.