Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL: DFW-CDG, NCE, FRA, BRU, ZRH, VIE, RT in J, $2300-2400

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2021, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum

Just found, and booked DFW-CGD/NCE-DFW for early July open jaw, rt travel in J on DL, to not only use some e-credits, but also take advantage of DL's recent MQM, MQD bonus offer. Must ticket by Apr. 7 for travel generally thru July.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 5:36 pm

Nice deal for sure, but considering that France just entered another lockdown 4 days ago, I seriously question whether US citizens will be allowed entry into France by early July. Good luck on this!
Old Apr 7, 2021, 9:29 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by dogcanyon
Nice deal for sure, but considering that France just entered another lockdown 4 days ago, I seriously question whether US citizens will be allowed entry into France by early July. Good luck on this!
Same with VIE and ZRH. Great price otherwise.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Yes, I understand the risk. However, I'm hoping that there won't still be a total lockdown by then, maybe only a partial one. Also, from what I reading now, we can enter France as long as we test negative for Covid within 72hrs. of departure. Same for
the return back to the US. So, fingers crossed that the situation improves somewhat.
bonoman likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 1:26 am

Programs: DL DM
July is 3 months away. Iceland and Croatia are allowing vaccinated tourists. Greece will in May. Spain in June, and I believe the rest will follow as they vaccinate more of their population. They can't afford to miss another tourist season.

Btw- these fares are also available from LAX to quite a few destinations in Europe in July.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by arkangel
Also, from what I reading now, we can enter France as long as we test negative for Covid within 72hrs. of departure.
Not sure where you're getting your information, but according to this from the US Embassy in France (dated April 6 2021) only US citizens deemed "essential travelers" can enter:

http://fr.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

Scroll down to Entry and Exit requirements where it plainly states that US citizens are not permitted to enter and then talks about the exemption for "essential travelers".

According to this from the French consulate in New York ( dated March 29), US citizens must have an exemption to enter France and must self-isolate for 7 days after entering:

https://newyork.consulfrance.org/cor...ntering-france
Old Apr 10, 2021, 7:19 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
I think it’s worth the risk on these fares, given the flexibility especially if you are a higher tier Medallion

I just booked at $2200 RT to Florence in mid-August. If I can’t get it, no big deal. Take the credit and apply later

Going to Greece in mid-September. Around $2300 RT to Athens. Had this planned over a year ago but obviously got pushed out. Was actually able to get better flight schedules without layovers in other countries going direct from JFK to ATH. Same thing with Florence trip, direct to FCO then up to Florence on Alitalia
Old Apr 10, 2021, 9:34 am
Original Poster

I got my information from links that Delta provided. Thanks for this info. I'll monitor more closely, with the hope that by late June entry
requirements will loosen up a little as more citizens are vaccinated.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by arkangel
I got my information from links that Delta provided. Thanks for this info. I'll monitor more closely, with the hope that by late June entry
requirements will loosen up a little as more citizens are vaccinated.
I hope so, too. Normally, I spend 2-3 weeks in Paris every August. It was very disappointing last year when I couldn't go. Can't bear the thought of missing out again this summer.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 7:17 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I suspect that this may be true. What I would also add is that all the bars and restaurants are still closed except for take away assuming that the 7pm curfew is still in effect.

the reason for these delicious fares is because who really wants or is allowed to travel for leisure these days. ?
Old Apr 17, 2021, 9:18 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
the reason for these delicious fares is because who really wants or is allowed to travel for leisure these days. ?
Well, we have traveled a few times, including a couple trips to the Dominican Republic, this year already and we are hoping Europe might return to some semblance of normalcy this summer, we actually have tickets booked to BCN for August to spend some time with a college classmate who lives in the UK and is hoping to take their usual 3 week summer holiday in Sitges in August, I'd be curious if you think that will be allowed by then? I would think come summer a lot of tourism-dependent businesses will be wanting to be allowed to welcome guests again, especially those of us who are vaccinated.

BTW, specific to this thread, considering MCI-Europe is widely available for $2,300'ish throughout the summer with little restriction on travel dates (and we rarely see great international premium fares from MCI, because, why?), I assumed this is probably the going rate for US-Europe from many US cities.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 12:36 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Beckles
Well, we have traveled a few times, including a couple trips to the Dominican Republic, this year already and we are hoping Europe might return to some semblance of normalcy this summer, we actually have tickets booked to BCN for August to spend some time with a college classmate who lives in the UK and is hoping to take their usual 3 week summer holiday in Sitges in August, I'd be curious if you think that will be allowed by then? I would think come summer a lot of tourism-dependent businesses will be wanting to be allowed to welcome guests again, especially those of us who are vaccinated.

BTW, specific to this thread, considering MCI-Europe is widely available for $2,300'ish throughout the summer with little restriction on travel dates (and we rarely see great international premium fares from MCI, because, why?), I assumed this is probably the going rate for US-Europe from many US cities.
Beckles Darling - it is so hard to foretell. Were I Mystic Meg I would have an answer - so this is purely my opinion. Being a F - g - H- g par excellence, I know a lot about Sitges. Indeed I have stayed at the Melia just over the famous beach. At the moment, vaccine roll-out in Europe in general and France and Spain in particular is a shambles. Thus, whether they would allow hoards of people on that beach and in town is impossible to predict. Catalunia is quite high with 227/100k and Valenciana which is 300 miles away with 35/100k. Hardly anyone is vaccinated and by the time that they have finished posturing and squabbling God alone knows when people will be getting a first dose, let alone a second. My own thoughts are that they will move heaven and earth to open for summer as the economic situation is diabolical. Like 'Flu Covid does not like the summer. I think that by May we will know more. I for one am planning to return there in June - I think that by then we will have a much clearer view.

Is that of any help?
Pocatello likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 1:19 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
It does in fact seem like $2100-2300 is the going rate this summer, not all cities but many. Even ex-SEA pulls up many at that rate (even the AA and BA nonstops to London).

As for the likelihood of specific countries in Europe “opening” this summer, Pucci seems to have offered more insight above than anything else I have come across. We looked at it this way, it’s like a game of roulette and you put your chips down on a couple countries and see where the whee stops. The worst you do is wind up with a few extra flight credits for next year, unlike losing in roulette ;-). But the real issue will be what does “open” mean in each country?!? We are in a place that has a similar 200/100k infection rate (which I personally consider high) and could dine inside if we wanted to (because the US doesn’t seem to think that is a high community infection rate). But I expect EU countries, if they continue to see rates like that this summer, would not offer many of the experiences we would want to have for the trip to be worthwhile.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 2:35 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Being a F - g - H- g par excellence, I know a lot about Sitges.
I expected no less, which is why I asked you when I saw you pop-up in this thread ...

My own thoughts are that they will move heaven and earth to open for summer as the economic situation is diabolical.
Having grown up and followed a bit of what is happening in Key West here on the other side of the Atlantic (which I'm told is the US version of Sitges), this is what I expected might be the case, but fortunately all of my plans are easily cancellable up to a week in advance (including the lovely AirBnB in Sitges).

Is that of any help?
That was fabulous, confirmed what I suspected. My college classmate seemed unoptimistic they would be able to come down from London with their car, but I was surprised by his pessimism.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL reject, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Jelly of the Month, formerly NWA Plat (RIP)
Seeing similar options out of IND in the $2200+ range. Many are available through August, but increase if you don't return before Sep 1. Would really like to pull the trigger on Helsinki for late August at $2296, but without knowing what will still be restricted I am waiting (even if it is impatiently and unwillingly). I would ideally fly in/out of HEL and include a Baltic circle to take in Tallinn, Riga and maybe Vilnius.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.