Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

*A LAX/SFO/SAN/LAS to various cities in Europe with stopover ~$2200

Old Feb 17, 2021, 10:26 am
Original Poster

I didn't check all points of origin so I'm sure there are more, but many cities on the west coast seems to have similar prices. Travel dates through early Sept so still risky given current travel restrictions.

Here's an example of routing with stopover in Bodrum.

https://flights.app.goo.gl/KigHBh
Old Feb 17, 2021, 11:59 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K/MillionMiler; Delta Diamond; AA Plat; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Nice. Even applies to additional connections to non-hub West Coast airports like SMF with no fare supplement. And open-jaw across regions, such as US-Northern Africa/Europe-US.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
very rare to see free stop-overs on cheap TATL P fares. This one has 2 free stop-overs; one per direction. Very very nice.

2 FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT - 1 IN EACH DIRECTION IN FRA/MUC/GVA/VIE/ZRH/BRU/BER/DUS/LIS/OPO/ REK.

Through Labor Day. Nice.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 11:02 am
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
How about direct fares?
Old Feb 18, 2021, 11:07 am

Programs: HHonors, IHG, Miles & More
ooh! I'm already flying SFO - > DUS, PRG -> SFO Between Sept. 10 - 26th! Wondering if I can make this work.

Edit: Valid for travel commencing on/before 06sep21. DANGIT

Last edited by rwcabrera; Feb 18, 2021 at 11:25 am
Old Feb 18, 2021, 11:28 am

I need to earn some TK miles for status and have a very long weekend at the end of May. Unfortunately, LH P is worthless for miles. Booking Austrian/LOT/Swiss is way too much of a gamble, as none of these flights have not resumed yet from LAX and there is no certainty on when they will resume. I guess this means I am limited to either a very circuitous routing on AC (assuming Canada is allowing transit in three months) or LH PE, which is not bad at $1200. Normally, I would be quite content with PE, but these are not normal times. Destination would need to be something SE of the EU, as that area is mostly open for travel right now. Has anyone read the fare rules to see what the purchase-by date is?
Old Feb 19, 2021, 10:04 am

If having maximum refund / change flexibility, what is best option / provider? Will any actaully refund back to credit card if cancelled by them or by flyer?
Old Feb 19, 2021, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thaitraveller
If having maximum refund / change flexibility, what is best option / provider? Will any actaully refund back to credit card if cancelled by them or by flyer?
I don't know about the other carriers but United will refund if flights are cancelled. You'll get a travel voucher if you change your mind.

AC seems to not refund under any circumstances.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by thaitraveller
If having maximum refund / change flexibility, what is best option / provider? Will any actually refund back to credit card if cancelled by them or by flyer?
ex-US: UA > LH group > any other *A. Avoid AC and TP. Use Amex to pay for extra protection in not on a UA ticket.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Greece plans to open up to all tourists by May. These flights are starting to look more attractive.

https://flights.app.goo.gl/N6FrHb
Old Mar 10, 2021, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by xslash10x
Greece plans to open up to all tourists by May.
Officials in Greece said the same thing last year, but ultimately the EU stepped in and put a stop to those plans. The Balkans is currently in the middle of a major surge in cases as the variants are spreading throughout the region, including Serbia, which is leading Europe in vaccinations. Still too much uncertainty at this point to make any concrete plans, but as long as the flights can be changed for free, the risk is somewhat negated. Another issue is that many of the flights available for this fare will end up getting cancelled with short notice until demand increases. The LH group has been notorious for selling tickets to flights they have no intention of actually flying in the last year.
CAlex likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 12:28 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
These fares need to be refundable if they want heavy volume of bookings now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.