Tp j: Bcn/mad-gru 684€

Old Feb 9, 21, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, A3 Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Platinum Elite
Tp j: Bcn/mad-gru 684€

TAP Portugal, feeders seem to be in Y, RDM miles for Aegean around 20k. I am not sure about TP service and GRU should be safe destination in the covid network.

GOOGLE
Old Feb 9, 21, 1:40 am

Programs: BAEC
Most European cities included as feeders
Old Feb 9, 21, 1:41 am

also works from LHR works out around £560 and needs to be bought via OTA can be found here
Old Feb 9, 21, 1:48 am

It's a pretty good fare. The fare rules say your outbound has to be on/before 31 May. But it's also possible to fly the LIS - GRU segments later this year (minimum 1-week stay):

LGW - LIS on 30 May

LIS - GRU on 1 Nov

GRU - LGW on 8 Nov

Example link £523
jfkeze and raporot like this.
Old Feb 9, 21, 1:55 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
As usual TAP J gives 200% to many Star Alliance programs and of course TAP has been called out for pretty non-user friendly with regards to Covid-19 refunds and Customer Service...
Old Feb 9, 21, 2:19 am

Programs: TK Elite
Great fare, but as apparently CPH doesn't qualify as feeder origin for this fare and given the current uncertainty about Portugal and Brazil (currently flights from Portugal are banned for many countries in Europe) and finally, that TP has been reported to be notoriously bad at handling Covid rebookings, refunds etc, I'm going to pass on this offer.
Old Feb 9, 21, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by 747jetter View Post
TAP Portugal, feeders seem to be in Y
Great find! Depending on seat availability, feeders can be in J at no extra cost. From some destinations, like FRA, even on LH metal.
Flyingfares likes this.
Old Feb 9, 21, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
GRU should be safe re. COVID? Spain has banned direct flights from Brazil, so you are completely gambling on that ban being lifted before TP takes your money and doesn't give it back...
Old Feb 9, 21, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, A3 Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
GRU should be safe re. COVID? Spain has banned direct flights from Brazil, so you are completely gambling on that ban being lifted before TP takes your money and doesn't give it back...
I wrote safe because:

You said it right. Banned direct flights. This one goes via Lisbon. I am going from Spain to Brazil this weekend and back the other and entry isn't really hard, just PCR (back to Spain as well).Gru has great, cheap and quick facility for Covid test. GRU is for TP is dominant route, it isn't like SFO which they cut from what, seven weekly to twice weekly, chance the flight gets cancelled and you can get yourself push by day easily are slim with this destination.
Old Feb 9, 21, 8:47 am

Programs: AA "mid tier" elite | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Wow. Nice find.
Old Feb 10, 21, 1:15 am

I just flew this route a few weeks ago. I made a trip report here:

TAP UK - Brazil J class review during COVID. A330neo, A320, ATR72.

I really enjoyed TAP on the whole.

I've read online they aren't great when it comes to sorting out a refund (though they aren't alone when it comes to airlines and COVID related refunds). However, I found them really flexible when it comes to making changes to dates and even departure cities.

Travelling is a nightmare at the moment - period. For me the biggest stresses didn't come from the testing requirements etc. The main issue is the constantly changing border requirements. We had to change our whole itinerary about three or four times before flying because of this.

Saying that, you can book this and fly the Brazil segments as far away as November. I'm cautiously optimistic that things will be very different by then. Not so sure about having to complete the flight to LIS from europe by end of May though, especially if you are originating in the UK.
Old Feb 10, 21, 2:50 am

Programs: Aeroflot Gold - TAP Gold - AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by 108912 View Post
I just flew this route a few weeks ago. I made a trip report here:

TAP UK - Brazil J class review during COVID. A330neo, A320, ATR72.

I really enjoyed TAP on the whole.

I've read online they aren't great when it comes to sorting out a refund (though they aren't alone when it comes to airlines and COVID related refunds). However, I found them really flexible when it comes to making changes to dates and even departure cities.

Travelling is a nightmare at the moment - period. For me the biggest stresses didn't come from the testing requirements etc. The main issue is the constantly changing border requirements. We had to change our whole itinerary about three or four times before flying because of this.

Saying that, you can book this and fly the Brazil segments as far away as November. I'm cautiously optimistic that things will be very different by then. Not so sure about having to complete the flight to LIS from europe by end of May though, especially if you are originating in the UK.
Thanks for your feedback, I know its a very good deal but too much uncertainty to go to Brazil and probably to come back until May end of the deal, will not take the risk
Old Feb 10, 21, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by 108912 View Post
Right! Coming back to UK from Brasil (or Portugal) now lands you with a £1,700 bill for hotel-based quarantine. Lord knows how long that's going to last.

....and if you get caught trying to sneak back in through a third country, there're are impressively tough penalties (fines or prison ).
advisorytoptop likes this.
Old Feb 10, 21, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
Right! Coming back to UK from Brasil (or Portugal) now lands you with a £1,700 bill for hotel-based quarantine. Lord knows how long that's going to last.

....and if you get caught trying to sneak back in through a third country, there're are impressively tough penalties (fines or prison ).
Absolutely, going by current standards that's something that would have to be factored in.

The UK is on track to have everyone vaccinated that wants to be by end of Sept, I think that will change the landscape in terms of inbound testing and quarantine to the UK a great deal. But nothing is certain.
Old Feb 10, 21, 4:21 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by 747jetter View Post
Banned direct flights. This one goes via Lisbon. I am going from Spain to Brazil this weekend and back the other and entry isn't really hard, just PCR (back to Spain as well).
You mean from Spain directly to GRU?

AFAIK all TP flights to Brazil are currently cancelled. Supposed to last for 2 weeks, but of course there is an imminent risk that is will prolonged due to fears of Brazilian Corona strain.

Search this Thread