Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TAP: IAD to FCO from $1917

Old Jan 22, 2021, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

TAP is having a nice sale ex-Washington DC to Rome, Italy. Flights start at just $2060 and includes service on their brand new Airbus 330-900 Neos and Airbus 321s.
This fare books into TAP J Class which credits at 200% to a variety of carriers. So on this trip you would earn 18948 miles in many Star Alliance programs. Usual COVID warnings and theories as to whether TAP is doing a cash grab, etc.

Book Flights Here!

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.
Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals
Flyingfares likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 4:35 am

Programs: KLM
I am not sure how is this considered as a “deal”...
It’s just the usual price
Old Jan 22, 2021, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
I would say I have a few rules that serve as Guidelines when posting deals...

Quick and dirty rule #1... Google Flight price ranges...

Quick and dirty rule #2: Mental notes on prices, under 2K ex USA usually good deal

Quick and dirty rule #3: Miles earned... TP credits at 200% to many programs so more attractive than a LH fare at the same rate...
Old Jan 22, 2021, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by premium.cabin
I am not sure how is this considered as a “deal”...
It’s just the usual price
agreed. This is not a particularly good price, certainly not for TAP.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 8:16 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Always interested to hear about <$2000 business class fares. TAP does tend to run specials and cheaper, although they are not good about refunds (from what I've read). Too risky for now. Hoping these deals stick around when international travel starts rebounding!
Old Jan 22, 2021, 12:27 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
OneWorld has the same fare, probably a better bet in many ways to go with AA or BA.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by darkrider
TAP does tend to run specials and cheaper, although they are not good about refunds (from what I've read).
Yep I experienced this on a refundable business class fare (four of us flying). Thankfully Amex had our back and I got a chargeback. TAP also told me and some others that their fee to refund applied per leg. So it wasn't say $150 to refund a ticket it was $150 per leg. So if your flight was xxx-LIS-xxx you ended up paying $300 (one way) or $600 (round trip) per person. The terms in the ticket did not make this clear to put it mildly (at least the English version did not). I might roll the dice again but not while COVID is still very much a thing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.