Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AM: JFK - GDL (via LAX on DL metal) OW $350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2021, 10:38 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...RIGCAEQABgAGgA

Example date. Easier if you look with Matrix. Bookable directly through AM.

This is slightly more expensive per way than buying a RT, but do with this one-way info as you please
Pocatello and jfkeze like this.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Both AM and PL sites book this fare as Y.

Passing on this "J" fare without hesitation.

On the DL segment, easy upgrade route between JFK and LAX with a cheap Y ticket. Aging 763 equipment. Snack box as D1 food option.

If I please, I would just buy Y ticket ending in LAX for much cheaper, get comp upgrade, and be done with.

And, having to deal with AM is no picnic even during good times, with the carrier in bankruptcy, no thanks.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 1:32 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
It's a Y-up fare and for some reason when you click-thru to the Aeromexico site (even on other days) it defaults to a lower fare and therefore service... You need to grab the Comfort Fare (Premier Cabin) for it to be in Business... The one-way JFK-LAX-GDL would earn would earn 5673 MQMs 1513 MQDs 4.07 MQD Ratio
I hadn't seen Transcons as Delta codeshares on Aeromexico... it sure opens the door to a few MQD Runs...
Fare Rules
Spoiler

Pocatello likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by Repooc17
On the DL segment, easy upgrade route between JFK and LAX with a cheap Y ticket.
Easy upgrade to D1? Everyone clears?
Old Jan 18, 2021, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by jjclancy
Easy upgrade to D1? Everyone clears?
Multitude of data points over at the DL subforum. I was on a flight last month where 19 pax were gate upgraded, myself included - 26 seats total, maybe 1 or 2 paid pax. Never thought I would say this for DL, but the combination of hard and soft products, sinking $350 and even ending the trip in LAX - not good ROI.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 4:47 am

Too each their own, plenty of my Delta clients are loaded MQMs (rollover) but need MQDs. Also hard to extrapolate ease of upgrade in the middle of a pandemic with close to Zero Business travel
jjmiller69 and Pocatello like this.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Diamond, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
Seeing several dates in March where this prices out at $263 all-in. And it's confirmed in "I" class with business class seating on both legs (DL One JFK-LAX, "Comfort" on AM).

Also, sub $300 for JFK-LAX-CUN all on DL metal which nets ~$325 additional MQDs (for DL flyers) and CUN is easier from a positioning standpoint.
NYC Flyer, jfkeze and Pocatello like this.

Last edited by EmoryFlyer; Jan 22, 2021 at 2:37 pm
Old Jan 22, 2021, 10:50 pm

1352 MQDs and 5069 MQMs (40% of Distance and 150% for MQMs) all on Delta metal
jjmiller69 and Pocatello like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.