Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR Suites: SEA - DEL $2399

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Suites: SEA - DEL $2399

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2021, 6:10 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by rajhyd99
Can't find any good deal to India (DEL or BOM) locations from IAH or LAX Cheapest seems to be from SEA. Please share if I am missing anything from IAH to DEL or BOM or BLR or HYD.
At times, YUL is an option
Old Mar 23, 2021, 6:16 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by HLCinCOU
I know not everybody lives in SEA. I live in COU, and I'll be positioning to SEA in AS First for something like a 2:1 EQD/$ ratio. If you had said something like "there are also some good deals from IAH" I would have found it totally unremarkable. But you said "I assume the best deal is from IAH" which was a surprising assumption given both the thread title and discussion.
I was confused too. OP's comment about deals from IAH was pretty non-sequitur. Perhaps unintentional, but still non-sequitur.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by rajhyd99
Can't find any good deal to India (DEL or BOM) locations from IAH or LAX Cheapest seems to be from SEA. Please share if I am missing anything from IAH to DEL or BOM or BLR or HYD.
I have made a check regarding all routes from the USA to India.
Most likely due to the SEA route being a new route, it's cheaper than other originating cities.

If you're OK, Washington Dulles to Goa is also under $2500 r/t.

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
At times, YUL is an option
Originating from Canada is not recommended because it wouldn't be possible to enter/exit the sterile area ( international transit zone ) and baggage might not be thru checked on separate tickets.

I assume that people traveling to India would have checked baggage and would not try to fit everything into a carry-on with a 7kg limit.

However, if border rules change, originating from Canada might be sensible; however, there is no sign Canada opening their borders for non-Canadians at this time
Old Mar 23, 2021, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I have made a check regarding all routes from the USA to India.
Most likely due to the SEA route being a new route, it's cheaper than other originating cities.

If you're OK, Washington Dulles to Goa is also under $2500 r/t.

Originating from Canada is not recommended because it wouldn't be possible to enter/exit the sterile area ( international transit zone ) and baggage might not be thru checked on separate tickets.

I assume that people traveling to India would have checked baggage and would not try to fit everything into a carry-on with a 7kg limit.

However, if border rules change, originating from Canada might be sensible; however, there is no sign Canada opening their borders for non-Canadians at this time
Thanks for Update for now will go with SEA-DOH-BOM and will plan to book before March 31 so coupon code can be applied.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I pulled the trigger on a flight at the end of the year, SEA-DOH-BOM r/t (my checks were that GOI/COK/TRV/CJB/BLR weren't cheap like BOM, I actually want to hit the Kerala backwaters and Goa, though I won't turn down a few days in "London on acid"... and a cheap internal flight isn't such a bad option). The return is after 12/31, so it's hold my breath and hope they're letting tourists in by then, or set some $$$ on fire if I have to refund.

Thanks for the find.

ETA: FWIW I'm going to end up with about $1000 value in AS miles in my account as a result of this fare + chunks of requalifying for MVPG for 2022 and a chunk towards 2023 elite qualification. Not too shabby for a $2100 fare that puts you in J class to India.
NWplatinum, jfkeze and tobikosan like this.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Mar 25, 2021 at 6:53 pm
Old Mar 28, 2021, 6:16 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by frebay
Does this include lounge access?
R class bookings are not suppose to include lounge access, but you can pay for about $80. There are also reports of agents just letting people into the lounge without charging.

If you have elite status with OW, you can access the lounges regardless of fare class.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 11:27 am

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
R class bookings are not suppose to include lounge access, but you can pay for about $80. There are also reports of agents just letting people into the lounge without charging.

If you have elite status with OW, you can access the lounges regardless of fare class.
So if you are AS MVPG and you match to OW elite you will have access to lounge without paying extra? But not to seat selection or we do not know that yet? Thx
Old Mar 28, 2021, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
You can access the J lounge (OWS) or F lounge (OWE), not the Al Mourjan/Al Safwa lounges (though things may be different during the pandemic, they seem to be allowing people regardless). These are not the same lounges.

https://thepointsguy.com/reviews/qat...ld-lounge-doh/
https://thepointsguy.com/reviews/qat...s-lounge-doha/

It's like what SQ does (where they actually have a *A "business class" lounge for passengers in economy with *A Gold). Al Mourjan/Al Safwa lounges are class of service lounges for QR, like BA Concorde Room. And since QR stripped lounge benefits from cheap J tickets...

Originally Posted by tobikosan
So if you are AS MVPG and you match to OW elite you will have access to lounge without paying extra? But not to seat selection or we do not know that yet? Thx
You won't "match to OW elite", you will be OW elite. Thing is it all depends on when AS and QR's computers have everything working. You should be fine for seat selection post-3/31.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Mar 28, 2021 at 3:09 pm
Old Mar 28, 2021, 3:03 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott

There's a fantastic chart in the wiki of this thread that maps those very things!
Understanding Seat Selection & Lounge Access on 'R' Fare "Business Classic" Tickets
Old Mar 29, 2021, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
As an Alaska MVPG the OP would get free seat selection based on his status ( OWS ) and would have access to the Al Mourjan Lounge unless the current entry requirements change.

Originally Posted by TEDisgone
There's a fantastic chart in the wiki of this thread that maps those very things!
Understanding Seat Selection & Lounge Access on 'R' Fare "Business Classic" Tickets
I am updating the chart when there are updates so the OP could follow the chart if there are changes into the rules.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 8:08 am

Qatar business class SEA to DEL/BOM

Business-class tickets on Qatar airways still under $2000 RT from SEA to DEL or BOM with promotional code MPMEMBERS. Booked to travel end of Jan 2022. Fully refundable with unlimited changes, no change fee, travel should be completed by end of May 2022 ( for tickets issued before June 30th 2021)
kyushuman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.