Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR Suites: SEA - DEL $2399

QR Suites: SEA - DEL $2399

Old Feb 28, 21, 11:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by travelover4 View Post
Does anyone know how long these fares are going to be available? I would like to book them in a week but I'm worried it might end tonight (last day in Feb).
IIRC - promo code expire on end of March and I think Ex - SEA fares don’t have expiration date from few search I did on matrix 1-2 weeks ago. I can’t make up my mind to make speculative booking on SEA-ATH but I remember read Greek FM or tourism minister talk about letting vaccinated travelers coming in during summer. Greece is on my bucket list.
Old Feb 28, 21, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL, AS, UA
I was able to book SEA-DOH-BOM for Dec 2021 travel in QSuites for ~$2250 pp using this promo code. Pretty amazing value, really, for a peak travel period to SE Asia.
However SEA-DOH-AKL is not similarly cheap (that ticket is still around $9k). The routes that seem to qualify are a combination of a long (SEA-DOH) and a short (DOH-BOM) leg. SEA-DOH-AKL would include two long legs, so it doesn't seem to qualify.

Surprisingly SEA-DOH-BOM is about $300 cheaper than SEA-DOH-DEL. Probably just a function of route demand? The difference is distance is negligible.

Also, it's unfortunate that the transit visa/free stopover option is not currently available even though it's possible things will have relaxed by December once a lot of people are vaccinated. I hope I'm able to take advantage of the free data changes to take advantage of a stopover once Qatar starts offering that again.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Feb 28, 21, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by washeelers747 View Post
IIRC - promo code expire on end of March and I think Ex - SEA fares don’t have expiration date from few search I did on matrix 1-2 weeks ago. I can’t make up my mind to make speculative booking on SEA-ATH but I remember read Greek FM or tourism minister talk about letting vaccinated travelers coming in during summer. Greece is on my bucket list.
Thank you! I read a post on TPG that the promo code FLYSEA will expire on Feb 28, so I'm a bit worried the fares might change then too. Who knows!
washeelers747 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 21, 8:31 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Thank you! I read a post on TPG that the promo code FLYSEA will expire on Feb 28, so I'm a bit worried the fares might change then too. Who knows!
The promo code “MPMEMBERS” expires Mar 31
Old Feb 28, 21, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer View Post
The promo code “MPMEMBERS” expires Mar 31

Yeah, I know. The promo code can become useless if the fare jumps to 5K.
Old Mar 1, 21, 6:53 am

Understandable. You could make speculative booking and hope for best, if not then I assume QR can refund you if border restrictions remain in place or give you voucher. I suspect QR will offer more deals to throw more salt on other airlines' wounds. For me, I personally rather pay J fare with QR or EK than almost any airlines since they seem not watering down services.
Old Mar 1, 21, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by washeelers747 View Post
Understandable. You could make speculative booking and hope for best, if not then I assume QR can refund you if border restrictions remain in place or give you voucher. I suspect QR will offer more deals to throw more salt on other airlines' wounds. For me, I personally rather pay J fare with QR or EK than almost any airlines since they seem not watering down services.
True! I should've done this yesterday. The good news is that the fares didn't change at the end of Feb. Hooray!
Old Mar 1, 21, 8:53 am

I really hope Greece and turkey will be open to vaccinated Americans. I might book this SEA-ATH fare closer to March 31 promo code deadline if I sense positive trend.

Easily can earn AA PLAT (I assume they will reduce requirement. If not then just throw couple of AA or AS run to get over Plat level).
Old Mar 1, 21, 11:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
Just booked SEA-DOH-ATH rt for a week around Memorial Day, $2033 all in. Interestingly, I selected a "classic" fare that indicated seat selection wouldn't be available until check-in, but it let me pick seats in the "add-ons" screen for no charge. Here's hoping they figure out how to let vaccinated pax visit without quarantine by then. A fully refundable ticket sure is nice in uncertain times.
Old Mar 1, 21, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by HLCinCOU View Post
That's definitely the way I read it as well, and that's also pretty much the same reaction I had. It also bugs me a little that when you are choosing your fare type the descriptions all say "refundable as voucher" which seems to conflict with the covid flexibility page. I'm pretty sure they just said that before and nobody changed it, but it's still just a little sus.
The wording on the tickets and what is mentioned in the Covid guarantee dont agree. But I read it as amendment to almost no change fees and questioned askde refund. I checked with the agent and she also said, you can cancel up to 3 hours before the flight and refund will be given. They wont advertise so heavily as no change fees and no refund if they did not mean it
tfizzle likes this.

Last edited by booziflyer; Mar 1, 21 at 10:09 pm
Old Mar 2, 21, 9:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by booziflyer View Post
The wording on the tickets and what is mentioned in the Covid guarantee dont agree. But I read it as amendment to almost no change fees and questioned askde refund. I checked with the agent and she also said, you can cancel up to 3 hours before the flight and refund will be given. They wont advertise so heavily as no change fees and no refund if they did not mean it
Yeah, I called customer service right after I booked to inquire about this and a couple other things. Agent confirmed that I could get a full refund to original payment method, up to 3 hours before flight time just as you say.
Old Mar 3, 21, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by HLCinCOU View Post
Yeah, I called customer service right after I booked to inquire about this and a couple other things. Agent confirmed that I could get a full refund to original payment method, up to 3 hours before flight time just as you say.
Thanks for this. I nearly pushed the button on a trip for December, but decided that with no lounge access and refund only by voucher, it wasn't quite worth it. Now with an actual refund possible, I may be able to convince myself.
Old Mar 8, 21, 10:31 pm

So, I booked a ticket for November and return in January from SEA to BOM. But it looks like the full refund policy if tickets booked by April 30 applies if the entire trip is completed by December 31. I didn't read the fine print. Read it later and cancelled the ticket within 24 hours. Need to rethink the dates. Wanted to share this here, in case if it will be helpful for anyone else.
https://www.qatarairways.com/en-us/t...onfidence.html

I called the customer service and I got mixed response. One said it doesn't matter if the trip is until 2022 and the other said the rules apply for December 31 return. I don't know who to believe.
Old Mar 15, 21, 7:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, AAdvantage Platinum, Air Canada 25K
Additional destinations

Has anyone found any good deals besides ATH, DEL and BOM? I was hunting around and it seems the destinations are a bit limited
Old Mar 15, 21, 8:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BA Gold, AC, AF/KL, VS, AA, AV, KE, SQ, UA | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by 135pilot View Post
Has anyone found any good deals besides ATH, DEL and BOM? I was hunting around and it seems the destinations are a bit limited
The closest deal I could find outside of those three destinations is IST (or SAW) for just about $2650 as a "Classic" fare.

Search this Thread