Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

American Sale: Many USA cities to South America - as low as $636

Old Jan 16, 21, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
AA: ATL to EZE/SCL/GRU/GIG from $979

Very hot sale between Atlanta and Buenos Aires, Santiago de Chile, Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro with American Airlines. Book fast as this seems to be a flash sale! All fares direct to AA.com. Usual Covid-19 warnings, etc.

ATL-EZE

ATL-SCL

ATL-GRU

ATL-GIG

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.
Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals
washeelers747 and MaxVO like this.
Old Jan 16, 21, 4:10 pm

Programs: myWaitrose Member
Hey jfkeze, this is part of AA's published daily fare sale. It's available not just out of ATL, but basically every departure point across the US (availability varies). Flyable through 04/30.
Old Jan 16, 21, 4:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold, AA Platinum
Itís not clear to me but wonder if same negative covid test before leaving US will be accepted at GIG or GRU airport for return flight to US?

it seems this deal require one night in Brazil and itís kinda doable if same covid rapid or PCR test before U.S. departure can be accepted at Brazil arrival and departure back to US if you are mileage running under 72 hours with 1 night only in Brazil?
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jan 16, 21, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Business Class to Latin America Promo
  • Limited time offer. Subject to change.
  • Offer valid for reservations made in the US for flights originating in the contiguous 48 U.S. states to select destinations in South America: Buenos Aires (EZE), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Sao Paulo (GRU), Lima (LIM), Montevideo (MVD), Santiago (SCL).
  • Offer is valid for reservations made January 16, 2021 from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. Central Time for travel from January 19, 2021 through April 30, 2021. This offer cannot be applied retroactively or to existing reservations.
  • Valid only on flights operated by American Airlines and American Eagle. Not valid on codeshare flights.
  • Stopovers are not allowed.
  • Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion
  • Prices include all U.S. government taxes and carrier-imposed fees for travel.
  • Seats and days are limited. Fares may vary by destination, flight, and day of week.
  • Valid for round-trip travel.
  • Offer is not valid on all fares, including but not limited to contract fares.
  • Fares are subject to change.
  • Offer applies only to published, scheduled service. Schedules subject to change.
Old Jan 16, 21, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by washeelers747 View Post
Itís not clear to me but wonder if same negative covid test before leaving US will be accepted at GIG or GRU airport for return flight to US?

it seems this deal require one night in Brazil and itís kinda doable if same covid rapid or PCR test before U.S. departure can be accepted at Brazil arrival and departure back to US if you are mileage running under 72 hours with 1 night only in Brazil?
Somewhat related, I had a client who had to do a EZE-IAH and back the next day. After a few back and forth on Twitter DMs, United clarified that they would accept it for entry to Argentina, even if issued in Argentina as it was under 72 hours.
I would reach out to AA on Twitter and then (if positive response) print out the response..
washeelers747 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 21, 4:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold, AA Platinum
Good idea to check with AA Twitter. Itís far easier to take rapid test here at airport then use it to enter Brazil and depart Brazil back to US next day.

Wish this routing allow same day turnaround but still no fun to hang out at dud airport like GIG or GRU all day, though
Old Jan 16, 21, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by washeelers747 View Post
Good idea to check with AA Twitter. Itís far easier to take rapid test here at airport then use it to enter Brazil and depart Brazil back to US next day.

Wish this routing allow same day turnaround but still no fun to hang out at dud airport like GIG or GRU all day, though
GIG is a fun city.. easy to book a nice hotel with rooftop pool and rest and relax...
Old Jan 16, 21, 4:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you travel immediately, you might be able to return to the USA before the new testing requirement takes effect.
Old Jan 16, 21, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
If you travel immediately, you might be able to return to the USA before the new testing requirement takes effect.
Here is a weekend getaway next weekend
Old Jan 16, 21, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP (former US CP); Starwood/Hilton/Marriott Gold; Hilton Diamond; NEXUS
Has anyone found availability thru AAV that would earn distance based EQDs (fare class marked with asterisk in search results)? Last time in the JFK-GRU error sale I picked up one of these, but can't find eligible flights in this sale so far.
Old Jan 16, 21, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, EBS GLD, A|Club PLT, CC Silver, HH GLD
Originally Posted by asdf098 View Post
Has anyone found availability thru AAV that would earn distance based EQDs (fare class marked with asterisk in search results)? Last time in the JFK-GRU error sale I picked up one of these, but can't find eligible flights in this sale so far.
same here can't find any on aavacations with I*
Old Jan 16, 21, 5:47 pm

deleted
olouie likes this.

Last edited by Global321; Jan 17, 21 at 8:16 am
Old Jan 16, 21, 8:06 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
In terms of AS miles is it 150%? EQM, Has anyone looked into covid tests in GRU airport etc ?

Last edited by tobikosan; Jan 16, 21 at 8:28 pm
Old Jan 16, 21, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by tobikosan View Post
In terms of AS miles is it 150%? EQM, Has anyone looked into covid tests in GRU airport etc ?
Yes. Looks like this books into I class, so it's 150% EQM and 150% RDM with AS miles, before any elite bonuses.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jan 17, 21, 3:08 am

Programs: skymiles
Dsm-uio $638

just booked dsm-uio, 6 legs seat 1A, $638 same as economy fare, not as good as my $314 LAX-GRU with SWU's for early March though
jfkeze likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: