Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LATAM: NYC to SCL for $1147 -- Book through December

Old Jan 15, 2021, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime

Earn Delta Skymiles. 30% MQM match on this fare which is much better than what you'd earn on Delta metal. Non-stop there and one stop on return.

Here is a sample:

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...Yz0SBggBEAAYAA
NYC Flyer and Antarius like this.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 4:52 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Great fare.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 6:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
The low fares for my dates are being offered by FlyUS.com. Does anyone on this board have any experience with them?
Old Jan 15, 2021, 6:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Saw it a few hours ago and was going to post it in the early morning... But thanks for sharing...
Here are the earnings with the LIM connection one way...
JFK-SCL would earn 17202 MQMs 3440 MQDs 2.99 MQD Ratio
Delta Diamond members would obtain 37844 RDMs, Platinum 30964 RDMs, Gold 27523 RDMs, Silver 24083 RDMs, Base 17202 RDMs
Old Jan 15, 2021, 10:06 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by jbalmuth
The low fares for my dates are being offered by FlyUS.com. Does anyone on this board have any experience with them?
No, but they appear to operata like a lot of OTAs. Low lead-in pricing, with lots of fees. For instance, they charge $27 for "insurance" that allows you to cancel in the first 24 hours after purchase (a courtesy extended by carriers which costs them nothing). It goes up from there.

https://www.flyus.com/terms-and-conditions.html

In my experience, LATAM will absolutely refuse to service the ticket unless the agency specifically instructs them to, so you will be likely be stuck with the OTAs customer service (good or bad) and related fees for any changes/cancellations/refunds + the carrier's fee, if any.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Jan 15, 2021 at 10:16 pm
Old Jan 16, 2021, 1:20 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Good find. On Flyus.com I am also seeing some vacation package options with even cheaper flights on AA including a hotel (which you could throw away if you wanted).

It's interesting that Delta only gives 30% MQDs on cheaper LATAM business fares but continues to give 40% on Aeromexico discounted business. With the "bonus" MQM rollover this year I will easily have enough MQMs for DM but not expecting many MQDs, so some MQD runs like this might be interesting by later in the year -- though I suspect there are many others in a similar situation so I suspect Delta might throw us some sort of a bone by later in the year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.