Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TK: MNL - Various USA/Canada cities US$1465 J return

TK: MNL - Various USA/Canada cities US$1465 J return

Old Jan 13, 2021, 12:40 pm

What about ex usa. Can’t seem to get it
Old Jan 14, 2021, 2:40 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by thaitraveller
What about ex usa. Cant seem to get it
Flight are usually priced by the market they depart from. It is very rear for a fare to work both ways. American can pay more so the price will be higher.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by rushjc
This is true by all accounts, but their current policy is that flexibility is wide open and allowed until end of 2021. I would definitely screenshot the written policy before booking, but I don't think I'd avoid just because they were a bad player when the pandemic started.
As I understand, you can't just cancel your ticket and get your money back (as some other airlines allow). You can change your ticket for "free" but you have to pay the fare difference. So if this sale is over (as it probably will be), you will have to pay whatever the new price is. The price might go up from $1500 to $3000. Right? It would be a different matter if you were locked in at the sale price, but that's not the case.

On the positive side, it sounds like you can create an "open ticket", which I assume is in effect a credit voucher. And then you have until Dec 31st to find another sale price that is acceptable. I think you need to rebook by Dec 31st, but the travel could perhaps be for a later date. And it sounds like you can change the destination, which makes it easier to find a sale price.

Still, unless you're pretty confident you'll be able to fly as planned (>50%?), it doesn't seem worth it. You might say "well, there will be a sale later" but if you believe that then maybe just wait for that sale.

"Terms and Conditions

No matter how many times your plans change, you are safe with Flexible Travel. Please review the terms and conditions to find out how Flexible Travel works!
  • A ticket change can be made for a different destination, provided that the fare difference is paid.
  • Change requests can be performed through the Turkish Airlines sales offices, call center, online channels (for international flight tickets only) and the agencies from which the ticket was purchased.
  • For tickets made between 21 March 2020 - 31 March 2021 (inclusive), passengers can make unlimited changes until 31 December 2021 (inclusive).
  • In order to change the ticket to an Open Ticket, the reservation must be cancelled before the date of flight.
  • In order to change the ticket to an Open Ticket, cancellations must be performed via the Turkish Airlines call center, sales offices, or the agencies from which the ticket was purchased.
  • Fare differences incurred by taxes, exchange rates or fare class differences will be applied.
  • Does not apply for flights arriving to / departing from China."
Old Jan 18, 2021, 5:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite Plus, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
Originally Posted by BigE
As I understand, you can't just cancel your ticket and get your money back (as some other airlines allow). You can change your ticket for "free" but you have to pay the fare difference. So if this sale is over (as it probably will be), you will have to pay whatever the new price is. The price might go up from $1500 to $3000. Right? It would be a different matter if you were locked in at the sale price, but that's not the case.

On the positive side, it sounds like you can create an "open ticket", which I assume is in effect a credit voucher. And then you have until Dec 31st to find another sale price that is acceptable. I think you need to rebook by Dec 31st, but the travel could perhaps be for a later date. And it sounds like you can change the destination, which makes it easier to find a sale price.
In the old days, an "open ticket" had a specific meaning: it was valid for transportation between whichever two cities were specifically listed, and you could use it on any date that had that particular fare class available - with the caveat that its use was subject to whatever fare rules were written into its specific fare it was sold on (i.e. refundability, date/time/season restriction, etc). I got excited when I saw that as a possibility here, but then I remembered that it's Turkish, and nothing works quite that easily these days (not just with Turkish but with the entire industry). I suspect you're right, it's just looked at as a credit voucher with applicable fare differences payable, instead of a real "open ticket."

UPDATE: I just looked in the IATA resolutions and ticketing manuals and sure enough, no such thing as an open ticket anymore, in the traditional sense. I'll go back out to my rocking chair on the front porch and sip my lemonade and reminisce about the good ole days!
Old Jan 20, 2021, 3:37 pm

Is Manila open for transit passengers?

Originally Posted by sfosuw
... only buy if you have a PHL passport or are absolutely sure you can get into the country.
How can I verify whether I am allowed to transit through Manila?

I was in that region about 2 months ago and had a ticket on UA for a positioning flight to MNL to catch a flight on TK originating in MNL. When I went to check in, I was told by UA that Manila is not even allowing any transit passengers. I was not able to take my flights but fortunately was able to get them refunded.

Of course, before I actually purchased my tickets, on multiple calls, UA reservations had told me the complete opposite.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by whitethunder
just a warning to all

I booked this last time this was on sale at this price

TK is AWFUL to deal with customer service wise for any changes / cancellations (which is a big deal now with COVID)

great fare, great destination, but I would not recommend TK unless you are 100% sure you will be flying the ticket you book on the exact same dates planes etc (and hoping the phillipines opens for travel)

good luck

All airlines are awful to deal with for changes, cancellations and refunds during Covid!
Old Jan 21, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
All airlines are awful to deal with for changes, cancellations and refunds during Covid!
In my experience they aren't equally awful. I would be comfortable buying a ticket like this from American or United. Just not TK.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.