Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TAP - Boston to ARN - $660

TAP - Boston to ARN - $660

Old Jan 8, 21, 1:09 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 102
TAP - Boston to ARN - $660

Sounds like a decent deal on TAP's new A321 neo


sample dates : June 28th to July 12th 2021

https://www.google.ca/travel/flights...gl=CA&curr=USD

Last edited by zaibii; Jan 8, 21 at 1:12 pm Reason: fixed airline type
zaibii is offline  
Old Jan 8, 21, 1:14 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold & ST Elite Plus.
Posts: 328
Very good find!

Also works in opposite direction (ARN-LIS-PDL-BOS) with quite some long layovers and with an A321 (maybe A330) for around €700
Travel-Quinten is offline  
Old Jan 8, 21, 1:30 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MXP
Programs: SQ-S.PPS, DL-G, NW-G, BD-G, US-G, UA-GS
Posts: 654
Seems like it only works on the double stop routing and not via LIS on the 339.
abrelosojos is online now  
Old Jan 8, 21, 1:37 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Aarhus, DK
Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Posts: 537
As comes with every TAP fare. Be careful about placing trips you aren't sure you will take. Getting your money back will be a problem even if they cancel the flight.
NextWhiteDeath is offline  
Old Jan 8, 21, 2:41 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gdynia, Poland
Posts: 551
There's something special about this fare, i.e. it's possible to make long stopovers in Azores. In result you may create nice "two-in-one" trip. Here's example (for your information: PLN 3076.88 = EUR 682,18):

Global321 and s777bg like this.
tropikey is offline  
Old Jan 8, 21, 3:00 pm
  #6  
soy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: DUB-BOS
Programs: various
Posts: 2,932
I see MAD at $680 for those who would rather avoid 4hrs in Euro J on LIS-ARN
Only worry would be what they will use on BOS-PDL. Should be lie-flats but in Covid times, is there a risk they run a regular A321 ?
soy is offline  
Old Jan 8, 21, 3:20 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York, NY
Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Posts: 2,033
This is a cheap fare, but even if the TATL legs are lie-flat, you'll spend more time on this ticket in European business class between ARN-LIS and LIS-PDL than you will in lie-flats between BOS and LIS.
steveholt is offline  
Old Jan 8, 21, 3:22 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOS/EAP
Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Posts: 25,981
Originally Posted by abrelosojos View Post
Seems like it only works on the double stop routing and not via LIS on the 339.
yeah, super weird routing rules.

/VIA THE ATLANTIC/
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
1. BOS-PDL-LIS-STO
cfischer is offline  
Old Jan 8, 21, 4:38 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Multiple locations
Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Posts: 3,885
Originally Posted by soy View Post
I see MAD at $680 for those who would rather avoid 4hrs in Euro J on LIS-ARN
Only worry would be what they will use on BOS-PDL. Should be lie-flats but in Covid times, is there a risk they run a regular A321 ?
$617 to MAD and no crazy layovers...
jfkeze is offline  
Old Jan 8, 21, 4:39 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MXP
Programs: SQ-S.PPS, DL-G, NW-G, BD-G, US-G, UA-GS
Posts: 654
Originally Posted by steveholt View Post
This is a cheap fare, but even if the TATL legs are lie-flat, you'll spend more time on this ticket in European business class between ARN-LIS and LIS-PDL than you will in lie-flats between BOS and LIS.
Seems like LIS-PDL are also on the same aircraft on the LR.
abrelosojos is online now  
Old Jan 9, 21, 4:33 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: west coast best coast
Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Posts: 3,589
Buyer beware: TAP is not honoring 24 hour free cancellation under their published policy and with DOT rules on the website: https://www.flytap.com/en-us/booking...-cancellations

If you need to book, do it through an OTA with 24hr free cancel. I had to rebook my dates and now my old ticket is going to to have to go through the DOT complaints for a refund, or worse case, a voucher, which I will have to dispute with my credit card provider if it gets there. Did I mention it's a J fare with $250 fee cancellation?

A case of where booking direct is not recommended.
keitherson is offline  
Old Jan 9, 21, 5:18 am
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 102
Boston to Madrid showing up for same price with 1 stop via Lisbon on certain OTAs

Sample dates: June 15th to 29th on Skyscanner
zaibii is offline  
Old Jan 9, 21, 5:51 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denmark
Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Posts: 6,725
Be also aware of current very strict entry rules to Sweden if you buy a fare to ARN. You may not even be allowed to board the flight.
Of course, may or may not change before your travel date...
SK AAR is offline  
Old Jan 9, 21, 8:31 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Aarhus, DK
Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Posts: 537
Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
Be also aware of current very strict entry rules to Sweden if you buy a fare to ARN. You may not even be allowed to board the flight.
Of course, may or may not change before your travel date...
These fare are only available from the 15th of june till 15th of august. The start date at least. It shouldn't be such a big problem. If there isn't a different situation by the summer we will have a bigger problems then not getting to the Azores and Boston.
NextWhiteDeath is offline  
Old Jan 9, 21, 11:09 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MXP
Programs: SQ-S.PPS, DL-G, NW-G, BD-G, US-G, UA-GS
Posts: 654
Originally Posted by keitherson View Post
Buyer beware: TAP is not honoring 24 hour free cancellation under their published policy and with DOT rules on the website: https://www.flytap.com/en-us/booking...-cancellations

If you need to book, do it through an OTA with 24hr free cancel. I had to rebook my dates and now my old ticket is going to to have to go through the DOT complaints for a refund, or worse case, a voucher, which I will have to dispute with my credit card provider if it gets there. Did I mention it's a J fare with $250 fee cancellation?

A case of where booking direct is not recommended.
It is a 660 Euro peak summer J fare. I am sure 250 EUR cancel fee is fine for most of us.
jfkeze likes this.
abrelosojos is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: