FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   AA: USA-GIG/GRU r/t $1291 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/2032065-aa-usa-gig-gru-r-t-1291-a.html)

anaggie Jan 7, 2021 7:25 pm

AA: USA-GIG/GRU r/t $1291

This is my first MR post so I hope the link posts right ..

ELP-GRU

I have never seen this type of fare from ELP-GRU in all my flying years. I had a trip booked for end Jan and called AA and they repriced my flight and gave me a $1361 voucher in approx 5 mins !!

Prices look set till June so far. I have my next flight in March booked with the voucher they gave me. Gonna be tough to get the EQD for EXP this year at these fares 🤣

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d8e213945a.png

Whodunit68 Jan 8, 2021 2:20 am

Originally Posted by anaggie (Post 32949236)
Gonna be tough to get the EQD for EXP this year at these fares 🤣

book with a consolidator or look on AAV for a special fare to get EQDs based on mileage.
it’s what I generally do. I don’t always find them but it’s nice when I do.

nice first post.

jaloola Jan 8, 2021 11:45 am

AA: United States - GIG/GRU $1291

This is available from airports across the United States to GIG/GRU, including LAX/SAN/SFO/SJC/SMF.

I Class / Through June 10, 2021
7-Day Advanced Purchase / 3-Day Minimum Stay / No Stopovers

yuel Jan 8, 2021 12:03 pm

That’s great for first post and first class

Carolina2Cali Jan 8, 2021 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by yuel (Post 32951290)
That’s great for first post and first class

Business no?

Carolina2Cali Jan 8, 2021 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by jaloola (Post 32951235)
This is available from airports across the United States to GIG/GRU, including LAX/SAN/SFO/SJC/SMF.

I Class / Through June 10, 2021
7-Day Advanced Purchase / 3-Day Minimum Stay / No Stopovers

Legitimately considering booking this, LAX to GIG, and then somehow finding my way to SDU to fly to Macae, Brazil to stay at a Hyatt for two weeks to become Globalist, for pennies.
Can someone advise the best way to earn EQDs on this? Do I book with AA Vacations and use their site for a 1 night stay at some hotel in Rio? Or how does one find a consolidator? I thought consolidators were for like group sales and cruise ship workers and usually earned LOWER rates of miles and dollars... guess I'd better google.

jaloola Jan 8, 2021 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali (Post 32951343)
Legitimately considering booking this, LAX to GIG, and then somehow finding my way to SDU to fly to Macae, Brazil to stay at a Hyatt for two weeks to become Globalist, for pennies.
Can someone advise the best way to earn EQDs on this? Do I book with AA Vacations and use their site for a 1 night stay at some hotel in Rio? Or how does one find a consolidator?

If you do not plan to visit Rio, this fare is also valid to SDU if you wish to connect in GRU to G3 as a codeshare.

AA Vacations requires a three-night minimum or duration of stay for hotels, whichever is less. NYC Flyer is a reputable travel agent with access to consolidator fares.

bhomburg Jan 8, 2021 1:04 pm

Now you Americans finally are getting AA pricing to Brazil that us Europeans have enjoyed for years. Good find!
SCL is sub-$2000 for those dates as well.

TaiwanIndependence Jan 8, 2021 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by jaloola (Post 32951474)
If you do not plan to visit Rio, this fare is also valid to SDU if you wish to connect in GRU to G3 as a codeshare.

AA Vacations requires a three-night minimum or duration of stay for hotels, whichever is less. NYC Flyer is a reputable travel agent with access to consolidator fares.

I just did an EQD run last week bos-dfw-san and back. Booked via AA vacations. Only spent one night.
Booked in business (* fare). Posted to my account the next day based on distance. Just wish the Midway museum was open.

Jaenks Jan 8, 2021 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali (Post 32951343)

How you come to the idea to fly from SDU to Macae?Take the direct tram from SDU to Novo Rio bus station(you need one of Rio transport cards for travel), costs less than 80 cents a trip plus the card less than a dollar or call Uber. From there take the 1001 bus to Macae, 1st class is less than 20, executive is less than 15 bucks, takes three and half hours to Macae. Then take Uber for less than 2 bucks to Hyatt. Might be cheaper to stay those two weeks somewhere in Mexico.

jaloola Jan 8, 2021 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by TaiwanIndependence (Post 32952050)
I just did an EQD run last week bos-dfw-san and back. Booked via AA vacations. Only spent one night.

Yes, whichever is less: three-night minimum or duration of stay at the destination. For a two-week duration of stay, the three-night minimum would apply. This is based on the dates of the flights booked.

anaggie Jan 8, 2021 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Whodunit68 (Post 32949931)
book with a consolidator or look on AAV for a special fare to get EQDs based on mileage.
it’s what I generally do. I don’t always find them but it’s nice when I do.

nice first post.

How do you know it is a special fare? Last time I booked thru AA vacations, I got the short end of the deal on the EQD.

Whodunit68 Jan 9, 2021 2:32 am

Originally Posted by anaggie (Post 32952841)
How do you know it is a special fare? Last time I booked thru AA vacations, I got the short end of the deal on the EQD.

fare class has an asterisk on the search page.
Example- I*.

I second NYCFlyer as an agent. Even for AAV. You can't go wrong with him.

TaiwanIndependence Jan 9, 2021 4:54 am

Originally Posted by jaloola (Post 32952538)
Yes, whichever is less: three-night minimum or duration of stay at the destination. For a two-week duration of stay, the three-night minimum would apply. This is based on the dates of the flights booked.

got it. Thanks for clarifying.

Carolina2Cali Jan 9, 2021 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Jaenks (Post 32952249)
How you come to the idea to fly from SDU to Macae?Take the direct tram from SDU to Novo Rio bus station(you need one of Rio transport cards for travel), costs less than 80 cents a trip plus the card less than a dollar or call Uber. From there take the 1001 bus to Macae, 1st class is less than 20, executive is less than 15 bucks, takes three and half hours to Macae. Then take Uber for less than 2 bucks to Hyatt. Might be cheaper to stay those two weeks somewhere in Mexico.

Because google search didn't suggest this! Lol! Your route still does seem more complicated and lengthy, but it also seems many of the Macae flights get cancelled a week before flying, I think... really hard to tell what is going on. When you say cheaper, do you mean overall with flight? These Hyatt Macae rates are like 40 dollars a night, and I need another 10 of them for Globalist, or another 20 or so for some pretty sweet rewards.