Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: JNB-MEL 2173 GBP and JNB-AKL 2460 GBP

Old Jan 4, 2021, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Hi there, this fare of 2173 GBP return is from Johannesburg (JNB) to Melbourne (MEL) , all in Qsuites. This fare is booked in Class I and DOES HAVE LOUNGE ACCESS. The best part here is that this fare earns 264 QPOINTS (this is almost enough to requalify for QR GOLD and almost even achieve QR GOLD) and earns 39568 qmiles for a new flyer.
This is a great status run and earns a lot of valuable qmiles

Here is a link to book via qatarairways.com
https://booking.qatarairways.com/nsp...election.xhtml
s777bg and boggs like this.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Instant qr gold requalification. Jnb > akl 2460 gbp qsuites

Another post, I found a way to rack 284 QPOINTS in one trip. This retains QR GOLD comfortably and the booking class I DOES INCLUDE LOUNGE ACCESS and earns a huge amount of 45176 Qmiles for a new flyer. This fare is BUSINESS COMFORT bookable on qatarairways.com. I also have published the great fare from JNB > MEL falling short at 274 Qpoints but costing 2173 GBP.

The fare from JNB > AKL earning 284 Qpoints can be booked at qatarairways.com and here is a link
Antarius likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 6:36 am

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Zaryaab
Hi there, this fare of 2173 GBP return is from Johannesburg (JNB) to Melbourne (MEL) , all in Qsuites. This fare is booked in Class I and DOES HAVE LOUNGE ACCESS. The best part here is that this fare earns 264 QPOINTS (this is almost enough to requalify for QR GOLD and almost even achieve QR GOLD) and earns 39568 qmiles for a new flyer.
This is a great status run and earns a lot of valuable qmiles

Here is a link to book via qatarairways.com
Link is not working champ
Old Jan 4, 2021, 6:38 am

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Zaryaab
Another post, I found a way to rack 284 QPOINTS in one trip. This retains QR GOLD comfortably and the booking class I DOES INCLUDE LOUNGE ACCESS and earns a huge amount of 45176 Qmiles for a new flyer. This fare is BUSINESS COMFORT bookable on qatarairways.com. I also have published the great fare from JNB > MEL falling short at 274 Qpoints but costing 2173 GBP.

The fare from JNB > AKL earning 284 Qpoints can be booked at qatarairways.com and here is a link
Same thing, link not working
Attached Images  
Old Jan 4, 2021, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Link via google flights

Originally Posted by RabbitohRob
Link is not working champ
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...PT0SBggBEAAYAA
Old Jan 4, 2021, 6:40 am

Many thanks
Old Jan 4, 2021, 7:10 am

Programs: BAEC, M&M, VA Flying Club
1,685 gbp through the OTA in your link. Great fare!!
Old Jan 4, 2021, 7:51 am
Original Poster

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...___wFAAUgDmAEB
Old Jan 4, 2021, 8:52 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Thanks for posting but it would be great if you add the city pair in the title so people can have an idea of the fare...
also, June 2020 unless an Aussie citizen seems very unlikely that MEL will be open for tourism...
BSBtraveller likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 8:55 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Thanks for posting but it would be great if you add the city pair in the title so people can have an idea of the fare...
also, May 2020 unless an NZ citizen seems like an interest free loan to QR... just my two cents having been playing this game for over a decade...
Old Jan 4, 2021, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Currybelly
1,685 gbp through the OTA in your link. Great fare!!
surely that wont work out.. if something looks too good to be true...
Old Jan 4, 2021, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Prsidentielle
Just one question: why did you quote in Sterlings? Why not Rands or e.g. US Dollars?
Old Jan 4, 2021, 2:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by jfkeze
also, May 2020 unless an NZ citizen seems like an interest free loan to QR... just my two cents having been playing this game for over a decade...
You'd need to be a time traveller as well!
Old Jan 4, 2021, 2:45 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
Just one question: why did you quote in Sterlings? Why not Rands or e.g. US Dollars?
I think if that is the only question you have, we are all in a great shape. Frankly, it is irrelevant but to be nice, happy to explain: that is in accordance with the forum rules: 🔺🔴Premium Fare Deals Forum Rules🔴🔺
  • Try to state the price in a the local currency that the ticket is offered in. In the case of a less familiar currency, try also to convert the price to one or more of the global standard currencies like EUR, GBP, USD or JPY.
I don't follow Rand much so GBP/EUR/USD is all good (even CAD or AUD is fine frankly).
Please note that suggesting to post the price in USD for the JNB-MEL fare is as illogical as it is in GBP. However, the forum rules clearly specify GBP as allowed and recommended along with other currencies). Perhaps the person who posted it prefers the GBP?

I am personally thankful for every post in this forum as fares have dried up and flights grounded.
Thank you @Zaryaab!
Old Jan 6, 2021, 12:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Prsidentielle
Originally Posted by boggs
I think if that is the only question you have, we are all in a great shape. Frankly, it is irrelevant but to be nice, happy to explain: that is in accordance with the forum rules
Except it's not as per the rules, which is why I was indirectly pointing that out. The original currency is to be prefered (in this case ZAR) and you may add a major currency as a seconduary denomination.

The level of consistency for this subforum isn't exactly set high.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.