Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

IB or LA or AM : MAD-SCL J for 858€ return . COVID travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2020, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flyng Blue, AAdvantage, Eurobonus, Miles and more

Hi.

Good news for western europeans who wants to go to Santiago Chile.

Lot of deals from MAD to SLC.
1- direct flights with LATAM : 1046€ on latam.com (or 980 € with OTA) in B789 may be with 1-2-1 configuration with only 45€ airport taxes. Non refundable but first change without penalties. But this airline company is filed for U.S. bankruptcy protection. Travel duration : 12h. Z booking class

2- non direct flight witj AEROMEXICO on aeromexico.com : 995€ (or 929€ with OTA); in B789 in 1-2-1 configuration. 6 h stop in MEX. Travel duration 26h. I booking class. 45€ airport taxes too.

3- non direxct flight with IBERIA and LATAM : 833 € on iberia.com with e-gift card (-25% untill 31 december ! but may be over this date). With short stops in GRU, EZE, LIM or GIG and LATAM regional metal in South América. Travel duration 17h.
Non refundable but first change without penalties. I booking class on IB and Z booking class on LA and 530€ in airport taxes. May be have chance to fly on A350 with 1-2-1 configuration and honeymoon seats.

Of course I will opt for the third point. May be more chance to have refund with this euroepan airline company if you are european citizen as I am and to be on protection of EC 261/2004 with 600€ indemnities in certain circonstances plus airport taxes (500€) refund if flights cancelled 7 days or less before flying.

May be chance to win 267€ (600 €indeminities+500€ airport taxes - 833€ paid)!...

Dont know if those indemities will work with cancelled flights for borders closed suddently for COVID reasons.

Have good flights.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 3:08 am

Remember about quarantine:

https://www.minsal.cl/gobierno-anunc...us-sars-cov-2/

As regards the 3rd point, I don't know how it works in practice but according to T&C of vouchers, they are "valid for flights operated by Iberia. Iberia Express or Air Nostrum". It would be great if someone could confirm that this rule is not restrictive.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flyng Blue, AAdvantage, Eurobonus, Miles and more
Hi tropikey;

Yes from now there is a 10 days quarantine. But hope it will not the case in april !....

Regarding the 25% Iberia voucher, there are direct flights from MAD to SCL operated by Iberia ( Flights IB6833 and IB6830) for 960€ (include 25% off) or 1280€ full fare promotional in A359.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 4:51 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by jhmili
Of course I will opt for the third point. May be more chance to have refund with this euroepan airline company if you are european citizen as I am and to be on protection of EC 261/2004 with 600€ indemnities in certain circonstances plus airport taxes (500€) refund if flights cancelled 7 days or less before flying.
Just to clarify, EC261/2004 works for all flights (trips) starting in the EU, so same law applies to AM, IB and LA regarding refund or cancellation compensation, regardless of passenger's nationality.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 5:52 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum - Aeroflot Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by megaloman
Just to clarify, EC261/2004 works for all flights (trips) starting in the EU, so same law applies to AM, IB and LA regarding refund or cancellation compensation, regardless of passenger's nationality.
Should be great but It doesn't work for compensation as its an "extraordinary reason" like closed borders because of covid but you 'll have a refund, voucher or proposition to postpone the trip

Last edited by advisorytoptop; Dec 31, 2020 at 6:03 am
Old Dec 31, 2020, 6:38 am

And getting compensation out of Iberia was very difficult even in normal times. Now, that everyone is pretty much ignoring EU261 using COVID as an excuse, forget it.
747jetter and jfkeze like this.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by advisorytoptop
Should be great but It doesn't work for compensation as its an "extraordinary reason" like closed borders because of covid but you 'll have a refund, voucher or proposition to postpone the trip
I was correcting an incorrect sentence which implied that only EU citizens would be eligible for the refund and/or compensation.

You're correct, closed borders wouldn't grant a compensation, but plane going tech would.
advisorytoptop and Mwenenzi like this.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 11:52 am

Example dates? Thanks.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 12:27 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by criced
Example dates? Thanks.
Use GF never been easier pal
Old Dec 31, 2020, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Good luck with getting AM to comply with anything that requires a refund much less additional compensation.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Good luck with getting AM to comply with anything that requires a refund much less additional compensation.
Refunds are easy, charge back works just fine.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Refunds are easy, charge back works just fine.
Yeah, no. Read some of the threads on FT and other sites. AM is absolutely terrible and many charge backs have been denied. Unless you have some evidence otherwise I think the data points here are representative of the AM difficulties many have experienced.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Yeah, no. Read some of the threads on FT and other sites. AM is absolutely terrible and many charge backs have been denied. Unless you have some evidence otherwise I think the data points here are representative of the AM difficulties many have experienced.
I don't have evidence against AM, but I do against Lastminute and Opodo. In both cases Amex has refunded money straightaway. LM claims they'll refund me "soon" despite AA refunding them back in April and there's no way to contact Opodo, so I didn't bother.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 1:13 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by tropikey
in case quarantine still kicks in you could use SCL as transit and continue cheaply to EZE or LIM (on a separate ticket) provided that these destinations have less strict corona policies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.