Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] EK F: BKK to MCT €1918 (via HKG & DXB)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] EK F: BKK to MCT €1918 (via HKG & DXB)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2021, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
Our cruise from HKG to BKK was unsurprisingly cancelled last month and so I contacted EK to put on hold while we rebooked a new cruise for 2022. Knowing that we could change as long as our new flight was in the same region (Asia), we had no trouble rebooking HND-DXB in F with the new 777 first class suites I had originally asked if we could go HND-CAI (where my connecting flight to YYZ originates), but that was not possible unless I wanted to spend another $6K USD....

I remember seeing upthread somewhere that others had issues rebooking this as it involved bouncing off HKG (BKK-HKG-BKK-DXB-XXX), but this was not an issue - did not even come up in the conversation.

After booking was complete, I was told that no further changes to the ticket were possible.

CC

wow! 🤪

If this was possible in May 2022 it’d help me out of a logistical issue - with Japan not (yet) being open!
Old Jan 22, 2022, 6:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
Our cruise from HKG to BKK was unsurprisingly cancelled last month and so I contacted EK to put on hold while we rebooked a new cruise for 2022. Knowing that we could change as long as our new flight was in the same region (Asia), we had no trouble rebooking HND-DXB in F with the new 777 first class suites I had originally asked if we could go HND-CAI (where my connecting flight to YYZ originates), but that was not possible unless I wanted to spend another $6K USD....

I remember seeing upthread somewhere that others had issues rebooking this as it involved bouncing off HKG (BKK-HKG-BKK-DXB-XXX), but this was not an issue - did not even come up in the conversation.

After booking was complete, I was told that no further changes to the ticket were possible.

CC
I've booked some Dec 2022 travel to Tokyo (entry permitting) - ANA F using the VS 120k sweet spot.
I had this same EK itinerary booked that is in the OP but now canceled and my ticket can be applied for future travel. I'd like to call Emirates and try to reuse my ticket without being charged any fare difference. Any suggestions?
I don't care too much about my itinerary (can allocate maybe 5-7 nights) but would ideally like to spend as much time flying EK F as possible, departing (and returning if possible) from HND/NRT.

Last edited by vivrant; Jan 22, 2022 at 6:42 am
Old Jan 22, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
I suspect you should have no problems booking TYO-DXB-MCT return - F cabin available on all flights. You should be able to change your ticket from TYO to any of the following destinations that they serve in the Gulf, Middle East Region (those more in the know will confirm) :Good luck.

CC
vivrant likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 12:09 pm

So just to clarify… are we saying you could book BKK-MCT and change this to HND-Any of the destinations mentioned above (Middle East zone), without any fare difference? This would interest me for June if possible. TIA
Old Jan 23, 2022, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Tofino87
So just to clarify… are we saying you could book BKK-MCT and change this to HND-Any of the destinations mentioned above (Middle East zone), without any fare difference? This would interest me for June if possible. TIA
Depending when the ticket was bought, yes this is entirely possible. Check with EK’s flexibility as the date ranges and what can be changed,
are laid out there.

You might have to reference this section in case the agent is unaware
Old Jan 23, 2022, 3:07 pm

Programs: NZ
As this thread has resurfaced just to let people know that BAH is now the cheapest option in the ME:

BKK/BAH EUR1926.00
BKK/MCT EUR2230.00

1. These are prices from Matrix - possibly slightly cheaper on the EK site
2. As before, travel via HKG possible, eg BKK/HKG/DXB/BAH and vv.
3. Additional taxes/carrier charges may apply depending on routing/stops
4. Up to 26 March 2022 a 3-class 777 is scheduled on the route DXB/BKK/HKG and vv. From 27 March to 30 June 2022 a 3-class A380 is scheduled, after which the service will be downgraded to a 2-class A380. But, as we have seen last year things can change!
Old Feb 20, 2022, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Jetrigger
You might have to reference this section in case the agent is unaware
I might call in the next day or two - what section specifically?
Old Feb 20, 2022, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by vivrant
I might call in the next day or two - what section specifically?
EK's flexible ticket policy. There are date ranges as to what is available for rebooking options. Just need to look up when your ticket was purchased and what policy that ticket is entitled to. The agent I had communicated initially just quoted a fare difference when the date policy has stated otherwise. I had to reference that part of their website to make her aware. My desired changes were granted after that. Good luck!
Old Mar 15, 2022, 9:27 am

Looks like this is dead now? Repricing more like £2400-2600?
Old Mar 15, 2022, 4:23 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by Tofino87
Looks like this is dead now? Repricing more like £2400-2600?
Yes - I am not sure if the base fare has increased, but EK appear to have significantly increased their YQ carrier surcharges.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:22 am

Just curious how many of you guys still hold an open ticket for this one? My two returns booked back in Jun and Aug 2020 should be good til mid 2023 but haven't contacted EK for rebooking options especially change of destination yet.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
I still have 2x tickets too ;-)
Originally Posted by alp67
Just curious how many of you guys still hold an open ticket for this one? My two returns booked back in Jun and Aug 2020 should be good til mid 2023 but haven't contacted EK for rebooking options especially change of destination yet.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Bobdh13
I still have 2x tickets too ;-)
Same. But sadly, my partner I was originally going to travel with is no longer my partner. Any chance EK would let me change the pax name? I'm guessing no.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: M&M, Mariott lifetime Titanium, AA Exec Plat
I was married in the meantime and was able to change the name on the Ticket for 30 US
Old Mar 23, 2022, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by lgrabowskiwro
I was married in the meantime and was able to change the name on the Ticket for 30 US
just a last name change?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.