Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] EK F: BKK to MCT €1918 (via HKG & DXB)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] EK F: BKK to MCT €1918 (via HKG & DXB)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2021, 3:25 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
To be fair, Emirates has been very good to deal with as I have made a few changes now with no issues (for my flights in November). Had no problem getting upgraded from J to F on my BKK-HKG segment now that the aircraft has F (ticket was originally booked First Flex). I think the fact that these are fully refundable helps...

Good luck.

CC
jfkeze likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
To be fair, Emirates has been very good to deal with as I have made a few changes now with no issues (for my flights in November). Had no problem getting upgraded from J to F on my BKK-HKG segment now that the aircraft has F (ticket was originally booked First Flex). I think the fact that these are fully refundable helps...

Good luck.

CC
May I ask what policy you used to change flights in November? The current flexibility policy is only for travel through September. I'm hoping to move the return portion of my flight to November to take advantage of the return of the A380, but I'm afraid that if I do so I will be "stuck" as far as further changes since it would then be outside of the waiver window.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 5:11 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
No policy - I just asked politely

Our original flight was to BAH and with COVID restrictions there currently, we decided it was not something we wanted to risk and asked that the leg from DXB to BAH be cancelled so DXB would become our destination. At the same time I asked the agent to confirm that my flight was fully refundable so that if I wanted to, I could simply take a refund...

It today's precarious travel environment with flexible policies, it does not hurt to call up the airline and ask about your options.

CC
Old Apr 6, 2021, 9:34 am

Update for those of you who booked this deal in the Fall when it was the A380 2 Class, they have reinstated the 3 class A380 on the BKK-HKG route.

CC
UAuhoh and jfkeze like this.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 10:03 pm

Programs: Mucci, Untappd 8000+
Is anyone flying this considering a direct turnaround at BKK?

I am at looking at positioning from DXB on EK384
and flying out on EK384 to HKG on this ticket in May.

Would you (and EK check-in staff) view two separate tickets as an international transfer?

A very competent customer service agent from EK's Manchester team
reassured me that getting both boarding passes when checking in at DXB should not be an issue.
I won't be checking bags.

CAAT (The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand) replied to my inquiry stating the following:
“According to flights that you refer, both flights are transit through BKK.
So, please comply with international transit guidelines of BKK.”

Which are as follows:
https://www.caat.or.th/en/archives/56377

Will you guys be waiting for Thailand to drop the quarantine requirement or attempt a transfer?
Old Apr 23, 2021, 10:56 pm
R2

According to the advice on EK website, the connecting flight can be on a separate ticket but the inbound and outbound flights must be on a single PNR:

Passengers connecting on an international flight from Bangkok

Each passenger must carry all of the following documents:
Fit to fly health certificate
Negative COVID‑19 RT‑PCR test certificate issued no more than 72 hours before travel
Travel health insurance (worldwide or including Thailand) covering health care and treatment expenses for COVID‑19, or any other guarantee with a coverage of no less than USD 100,000 throughout their stay in Thailand
Passengers must have the same booking reference number if they carry separate tickets, and the connecting flight details must be mentioned on the passenger booking. Passengers must have the boarding pass and bag tag issued at their point of origin.
The minimum connection time between flights must be 2 hours and the time between each transit/transfer connection should not be more than 12 hours.
Passengers must stay only at the area designated by the Airport of Thailand (AOT). Passengers are not allowed to walk around the airport.
Food vending machines and hand sanitizers are available at the waiting area/gate. Passengers are not allowed to bring their own food.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 11:57 pm

Programs: Mucci, Untappd 8000+
Originally Posted by R2
According to the advice on EK website, the connecting flight can be on a separate ticket but the inbound and outbound flights must be on a single PNR:
I mentioned that in a chat with an Emirates agent:

"Can (my) two separate tickets be merged to have the same booking reference number?"
Agent: "Two separate tickets cannot have the same booking number."
"So how is that to be interpreted then?"

(I now know that
"a PNR is a wrapper, and it can have several tickets in one PNR, so long as it was built that way at the time of purchase. Another (new) ticket can be inserted into an existing PNR after purchase. However, you cannot merge 2 existing PNRs into one PNR - once a reservation has reached ticketed status it can't be moved." from the BA forum.)

Agent: "Boarding pass and bag tag can be confirmed only at the day of departure at the airport if you hold 2 separate tickets.
When you're travelling with 2 tickets, it's to take chance at the airport."

As I have not booked any positioning flight yet
I am going to ask an Emirates rep if a new booking can be inserted into the existing PNR.

Thanks for making me rethink the whole PNR question.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 12:08 am
R2

I had thought about this myself but having seen the text on EK website didn't plan further. Please keep us posted of how it goes for you.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 2:57 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by Sandy Hopper
I mentioned that in a chat with an Emirates agent:

"Can (my) two separate tickets be merged to have the same booking reference number?"
Agent: "Two separate tickets cannot have the same booking number."
"So how is that to be interpreted then?"

(I now know that
"a PNR is a wrapper, and it can have several tickets in one PNR, so long as it was built that way at the time of purchase. Another (new) ticket can be inserted into an existing PNR after purchase. However, you cannot merge 2 existing PNRs into one PNR - once a reservation has reached ticketed status it can't be moved." from the BA forum.)

Agent: "Boarding pass and bag tag can be confirmed only at the day of departure at the airport if you hold 2 separate tickets.
When you're travelling with 2 tickets, it's to take chance at the airport."

As I have not booked any positioning flight yet
I am going to ask an Emirates rep if a new booking can be inserted into the existing PNR.

Thanks for making me rethink the whole PNR question.
I agree 100% with the highlighted comment from the BA forum. Hopefully you can get EK to put the positioning flight in the same PNR, but you may need to get supervisor assistance to do that.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 7:52 am

still bookable + ticket option extended

Just another heads-up on this fare/ticket:
Still bookable, wide availability.
EK is extending validity of all tickets from 24 to 36 months (from date of original booking).
Change of destination free of charge within same region (same fare bucket needs to be available) extended again, now for travel starting before Dec 31, 2021.

I kept booking and cancelling few times simply to extend validity, never had any issues with refund. It's always been processed within a couple of days.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by alp67
I kept booking and cancelling few times simply to extend validity, never had any issues with refund. It's always been processed within a couple of days.
I can confirm the fast refund, but the fare went up between mid Jan by around 3000THB. So by rebooking, you may pay a higher fare.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 3:40 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
I can confirm the fast refund, but the fare went up between mid Jan by around 3000THB. So by rebooking, you may pay a higher fare.
This thread began in December 2020, so the fare of EUR1918 quoted in the headline was the fare before the January sale. ITA Matrix is currently quoting EUR1928 for a simple BKK/MCT itinerary, though stopovers will add extra taxes, so it is effectively still the same. It's still a good deal at this price, though those people who got in with the January sale price got an excellent deal!
Old May 1, 2021, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by alp67
Still bookable, wide availability.
EK is extending validity of all tickets from 24 to 36 months (from date of original booking).
Change of destination free of charge within same region (same fare bucket needs to be available) extended again, now for travel starting before Dec 31, 2021.

They only extended it to 36 months for tickets issued before the 1st of April.

So if you cancel and rebook now it will cost you like 6 months + 3000 THB?

Last edited by plae; May 1, 2021 at 3:22 am
Old May 1, 2021, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by plae
They only extended it to 36 months for tickets issued before the 1st of April.
You're right, 36 months only if booked by March 31. So far... they might change this policy to the better as they have changed other rules many times during the pandemic.
I got too excited reading the headline on https://www.emirates.com/us/english/...icket-options/ missed out the small prints afterwards.

Originally Posted by plae
So if you cancel and rebook now it will cost you like 6 months + 3000 THB?
As I've stopped calculating values in FIAT tickets are actually getting cheaper and cheaper every day
In THB it's gone up ~5%.
plae likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 6:52 am

Programs: Flying Blue, IHG plat, GHA Black, HH Gold
Ok, convinced the mrs. to try this out, but only debating between a one-way or return ticket.

Would this be allowed? Change from
BKK-HKG-MCT-HKG-BKK to
BKK-HKG-MCT-NRT for example with a long stopover in MCT (as I currently live there)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.