Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LX/SQ/TG/NH: Business AMS - SYD ~1,500 r/t or AMS-AKL ~ 1,750 (Companion Sale)

Old Dec 23, 20, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

Travel Restrictions are an important issue here. But those willing to risk it can score a nice Business Class Companion Special from Amsterdam to Australia. Availability wide open until Dec, 2021.

There are multiple options including LH group and other *A airlines. Some examples:
  • AMS-ZRH-BKK-SYD-HND | NRT-ZRH-AMS for ~ 1,450 p.p. (LX + TG + NH - note the airport change in TYO)
  • AMS-ZRH-BKK-SIN-ZRH-AMS for ~ 1,550 p.p. (LX + TG + SQ)
  • AMS-ZRH-SIN-SYD-SIN-ZRH-AMS for ~ 1,650 p.p. (LX + SQ)
Of course, there are many more possible ways to reach Sydney including e.g. LH or OS. Appears that routing via North America isn't allowed though.

Google Flights Link

Some fare Details:
  • Availability: until December, 2021
  • Booking class: P (can vary for each airline)
  • Stopover: not allowed ( )
  • Stay restrictions: min. 5 days / sunday rule, max. 3 months
  • Flights to SYD are bookable at Swiss.com. Make sure to select "Lufthansa Group" and not "Swiss" as airline in Advanced Search. Otherwise it will only show flights via SIN.
  • Flights to AKL can also booked via LH's companion sale website - much more convenient: https://www.lufthansa.com/nl/en/companion-special
  • Fare basis: PAXCNNL (for SYD)
  • Mileage: about ~30k with SAS Eurobonus, 25k with United Mileageplus or 25k with Miles & More

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page
Source: Travel-Dealz
Old Dec 23, 20, 8:50 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold & ST Elite Plus.
Good find!
Do tickets include the key to open Australia or New Zealand?
Old Dec 23, 20, 9:26 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Nice fare, make sure not to fly LH because P-class on LH metal is worthless on many FFP.
David7 and delpiero223 like this.
Old Dec 23, 20, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm
Nice find, but anyone booking 2021 flights to Australia is just giving the ticketing airline an interest free loan.
Old Dec 23, 20, 11:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
Nice find, but anyone booking 2021 flights to Australia is just giving the ticketing airline an interest free loan.
After weighing this up, I concur !
Old Dec 23, 20, 11:58 am

Programs: NZ
Same for New Zealand.
Old Dec 23, 20, 12:01 pm

Programs: SQ, SK, QR
Can book First as well for 3161EUR pp. LX on ZRH-SIN-ZRH and SQ A380 Suites on SIN-SYD-SIN.

Thysk, David7, Justin Case and 6 others like this.
Old Dec 23, 20, 12:37 pm

I bought a similar fare to AKL during March of this year (not a companion sale), paid 1100 Euro's with a stopover at PVG (on LX,NZ,CX); everything was cancelled because of COVID and i'm in the process of rescheduling everything. I think we are one of the few pax in the world that do not want a refund
Old Dec 23, 20, 12:39 pm

Well as long as your wallet allows it
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Dec 23, 20, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by AJ747M View Post
Can book First as well for 3161EUR pp. LX on ZRH-SIN-ZRH and SQ A380 Suites on SIN-SYD-SIN.

Damn, I was just thinking this might not be for me ... then you throw in the F option. Now I will be spending days to figure this one out ... sigh First world problems. I was looking at AKL/SYD for October/November 2021 anyway ... albeit from BOS, so I'll first have to get to AMS, but there are worse problems!

Last edited by cfischer; Dec 23, 20 at 3:16 pm
Old Dec 23, 20, 6:14 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by AJ747M View Post

Is it possible to include NH F or does it have to be a LX codeshare?
Old Dec 24, 20, 12:56 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Alisamix View Post
I believe that NH does not offer any aircraft with F from NRT/HND - SYD. I did check this option but I could not find any options with F service offered. If you are ok with just 1 F segment with LX, it is "just" about 2500 Euros pp.

Cheers!
Old Dec 24, 20, 6:04 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by nldogbert View Post
I believe that NH does not offer any aircraft with F from NRT/HND - SYD. I did check this option but I could not find any options with F service offered. If you are ok with just 1 F segment with LX, it is "just" about 2500 Euros pp.

Cheers!
Yes NH does not have any F flights to Australia. There are very few airlines with F lift into Australia. I think it's Singapore, Emirates, Etihad, AA, JAL (unknown as they sell f Syd-tyo but not the other way around), Thai (might have if they keep the product as they sell aircraft), BA ( via SIN). That is more or less the list. There might be some other but they might have a flight.
Old Dec 24, 20, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Alisamix View Post
The flights to and from Asia have to be on LH/LX/OS, codeshare are not allowed (believe me I've tried it )
Old Dec 24, 20, 12:54 pm

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Originally Posted by Granite64 View Post
The flights to and from Asia have to be on LH/LX/OS, codeshare are not allowed (believe me I've tried it )
Might be hard to book in practice, but should be possible
I think the problem is a lack of availability in the required class on the codeshares. (Search was done without availability check included to see test the theory only)

I also didn't have any luck with NH at all.

Note: Price is $AUD

Last edited by flylonghaul; Dec 24, 20 at 1:01 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: