Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LX/SQ/TG/NH: Business AMS - SYD ~€1,500 r/t or AMS-AKL ~ €1,750 (Companion Sale)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX/SQ/TG/NH: Business AMS - SYD ~€1,500 r/t or AMS-AKL ~ €1,750 (Companion Sale)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2021, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Great find.
Just a bit wary with travel restrictions from UK and also if we will be allowed into Aus or NZ, even beginning of 2022 along with limited flexibility with LX/LH.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 8:31 pm

Programs: BA
Does anyone have a link for the current sale by chance? I tried and I can't tell if all the First availability has dried up or if I'm on the wrong page.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 12:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
https://www.lufthansa.com/nl/en/companion-special
Old Apr 1, 2021, 2:54 am

Does anybody know what is true about the 'no lounge, no fastlane, no priority boarding' for the P fares (screenshot from LH site)?
Keter likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 3:30 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Strange one, as free seat selection is possible, although it's not ticked on that list. Hopefully, it's just the LH IT playing games, but better to call them before booking.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by Dselvan
Great find.
Just a bit wary with travel restrictions from UK and also if we will be allowed into Aus or NZ, even beginning of 2022 along with limited flexibility with LX/LH.
And don't forget transit restrictions.

I found a couple of fares AMS-MUC-HND//NRT-AKL, with a 5 hour self transfer in Tokyo. So you would need to properly enter Japan.

That's something that I would have been wary of booking in normal times, but no chance I'd even attempt now.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by malmostoso
And don't forget transit restrictions.

I found a couple of fares AMS-MUC-HND//NRT-AKL, with a 5 hour self transfer in Tokyo. So you would need to properly enter Japan.

That's something that I would have been wary of booking in normal times, but no chance I'd even attempt now.
During 'normal' operations - five hours is plenty of time. Three hours is the standard requirement, and easily doable with over an hour to spare - fast door-to-door service with bus out the front. All on one ticket I'd have no hesitations booking such a connection.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 8:53 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
During 'normal' operations - five hours is plenty of time. Three hours is the standard requirement, and easily doable with over an hour to spare - fast door-to-door service with bus out the front. All on one ticket I'd have no hesitations booking such a connection.
Normal times is the keyword, anywhere in Asia (unless you have a residency permit and even then it depends) to transfer with an airport change even on the same ticket is a risky bet...
Hypothetically you could hope Japan opens but it's anyone's guess at this point, and then of course Australia and New Zealand.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
A word of warning for people looking to book Auckland from AMS.
Via HKG, it book into CX from HKG-AKL and if booked under LH or LX code share, it books into P class in Business. As far as I can tell, you get ZERO points for this but it books into I if booked under CX code. So no points still in Star but could be useful for some points in One World.
Wasn’t aware of this.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 1:51 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K/ One World Emerald
On the companion website (https://www.lufthansa.com/nl/en/companion-special) it states that they have AMS-BKK in First but then it only gives business class options. Is it not possible to do first in any combination to BKK? It's weird that they list it but I can't find it as an offering at all.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Sky Dreamer
On the companion website (https://www.lufthansa.com/nl/en/companion-special) it states that they have AMS-BKK in First but then it only gives business class options. Is it not possible to do first in any combination to BKK? It's weird that they list it but I can't find it as an offering at all.
There are a coule of open seats in Jan / Feb 2022, but availability to BKK is very limited:
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...DVnl4dz0&gl=US
Sky Dreamer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.