Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL: JFK-BOG $481 rt biz (lie flat)

DL: JFK-BOG $481 rt biz (lie flat)

Old Apr 7, 21, 6:08 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
By the way, LAX-BOS being DeltaOne, entitles the flyer to lounge access at all starting and connecting points the day of departure of the LAX-BOS flight, as well as the day of its arrival. Domestic DeltaOne gets this benefit.

Same with ATL-BOG. So with the example @jfkeze posted over two days, the flyer would be entitled to lounge access at EWR, and at every connecting point thereafter for the entire rest of the trip, because of the two DeltaOne segments.

Finally, with schedule changes, some folks may be able to convert EWR-XXX-LAX into JFK-LAX, but certainly a YMMV.
Old Apr 7, 21, 6:09 am

Programs: Delta Gold, OW Sapphire,Aeroplan Silver, VS Silver, ITA Gold
booked for January, hopefully will be vaccinated and US borders opened. I count on schedule changes as well haha
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 21, 8:41 am

Programs: Top of ST, OW and Hilton.
Booked mine as well, even managed to get in a 6th flight. Crazy good deal, here's to hoping it all goes ahead
jfkeze and btonkid12345 like this.
Old Apr 7, 21, 9:05 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite Plus. BA Gold, VS Gold, Globalist, HH Diamond
Nice! So what´s your itinerary?
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 21, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by MarcElMile View Post
Booked mine as well, even managed to get in a 6th flight. Crazy good deal, here's to hoping it all goes ahead
Originally Posted by andigoeskiwi View Post
Nice! So what´s your itinerary?
Yes, @MarcElMile, please do share what your sixth flight was?

Thanks and cheers!
Old Apr 7, 21, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by btonkid12345 View Post
Yes, @MarcElMile, please do share what your sixth flight was?

Thanks and cheers!
I can answer this myself, to an extent. I did notice an itinerary on ITA allowing BOS-ATL to be flown as BOS-MCO-ATL, but I didn’t try to ticket it because I didn’t want to do that routing myself.

But perhaps @MarcElMile can share his itinerary to “pay it back”?
Old Apr 7, 21, 10:21 am

Programs: Top of ST, OW and Hilton.
andigoeskiwi btonkid12345
It looks something like this:
https://www.google.com/travel/flights/s/sCge

Works both ways, with different options possible routing over main hubs, availability changes by the day but certainly not impossible to locate.
jfkeze and btonkid12345 like this.
Old Apr 7, 21, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by MarcElMile View Post
andigoeskiwi btonkid12345
It looks something like this:
https://www.google.com/travel/flights/s/sCge

Works both ways, with different options possible routing over main hubs, availability changes by the day but certainly not impossible to locate.
Thanks for the follow up! It’s less flown miles than doing LAX-BOS (which is lie flat and DeltaOne) but it certainly goes to show that there are many creative options out there across all of DL’s hubs/focus cities
Old Apr 7, 21, 12:29 pm
viz

Programs: DL DM, AC 75K, NEXUS, Bonvoy Plat, National Executive Elite
Hm, I just realized that my LAX-BOS redeye segment is on a 737-800 and marked as First Class, not Delta One. Is because they've already done equipment changes for flights in May? I guess Delta is anticipating less demand in May than in Summer/Fall?
Old Apr 7, 21, 12:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, DL Platinum, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium + LT Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by viz View Post
Hm, I just realized that my LAX-BOS redeye segment is on a 737-800 and marked as First Class, not Delta One. Is because they've already done equipment changes for flights in May? I guess Delta is anticipating less demand in May than in Summer/Fall?
May's schedule is more or less firm; whereas schedules/equipment for the rest of year are still placeholder at this moment.
Old Apr 7, 21, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17 View Post
May's schedule is more or less firm; whereas schedules/equipment for the rest of year are still placeholder at this moment.
Originally Posted by viz View Post
Did you purchase it as First Class it DeltaOne? Note you are likely still within the 24 hour (for Delta, midnight the day after purchase) risk free cancellation policy.

If purchased as Delta One but is changed to First Class, they will honor the DeltaOne, likely as LAX-JFK-BOS.

I had this happen a few years ago when BOS-SFO changed from D1 to FC and they rebooked me (after I requested, not automatically) to BOS-JFK-SFO.
Old Apr 7, 21, 2:57 pm
viz

Programs: DL DM, AC 75K, NEXUS, Bonvoy Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by btonkid12345 View Post
Did you purchase it as First Class it DeltaOne? Note you are likely still within the 24 hour (for Delta, midnight the day after purchase) risk free cancellation policy.

If purchased as Delta One but is changed to First Class, they will honor the DeltaOne, likely as LAX-JFK-BOS.

I had this happen a few years ago when BOS-SFO changed from D1 to FC and they rebooked me (after I requested, not automatically) to BOS-JFK-SFO.
Unfortunately I originally purchased FC. IIRC the morning flight are redeye both on 737s, so this may have been a oversight on my part.

Last edited by viz; Apr 7, 21 at 3:07 pm
Old Apr 7, 21, 9:33 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
I got a 468 direct turn to price out. 3 days of only flying with no hotel stay or anything. It is just so silly and I love it but don't know if I want to book it.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 21, 2:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath View Post
I got a 468 direct turn to price out. 3 days of only flying with no hotel stay or anything. It is just so silly and I love it but don't know if I want to book it.
I did not manage to find a direct return option, only 2-3 days stay... Would you be kind and share your find ?
Old Apr 8, 21, 4:17 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Coder33 View Post
I did not manage to find a direct return option, only 2-3 days stay... Would you be kind and share your find ?

In via ATL and then out to JFK 3 hours later. When you powertool it to delta the price drops to 468.35

Search this Thread