FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   EK F: BKK to HKG €668 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/2030488-ek-f-bkk-hkg-668-a.html)

jfkeze Dec 15, 2020 5:51 am

EK F: BKK to HKG €668

Saw this on the German FT VFT and decided to share it here... Not 100% sure of the value as it's a short flight (just over €100 per block hour). Prices higher ex-HKG
Can get it a bit cheaper on obscure OTAs... This Fifth Freedom flight was popular back in the day but stopped around late 2017. Flights are on the 380 so two showers at 38,000... :D

Google Flights
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...682cdd7b20.png

747jetter Dec 15, 2020 6:07 am

Well it is cheaper than CX J so...why not.

Tofino87 Dec 15, 2020 6:15 am

Thanks for posting. Any idea what the service is like, given the short duration of the flight? I’m guessing just drinks?!

Tofino87 Dec 15, 2020 6:22 am

And am I right in saying the lounges afforded on these itineraries would be a little underwhelming - Turkish lounge at BKK and Premium Plaza at HKG? Not a massively important factor of course, just wondering.

jfkeze Dec 15, 2020 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Tofino87 (Post 32887114)
And am I right in saying the lounges afforded on these itineraries would be a little underwhelming - Turkish lounge at BKK and Premium Plaza at HKG? Not a massively important factor of course, just wondering.

As of NOW those are the options, but pre-Covid EK had lounges in HKG and BKK. I picked dates in August, one could hope?/pray? that they would reopen by then...

Tofino87 Dec 15, 2020 6:29 am

Originally Posted by jfkeze (Post 32887126)
As of NOW those are the options, but pre-Covid EK had lounges in HKG and BKK. I picked dates in August, one could hope?/pray? that they would reopen by then...

haha maybe we can do both.

I’ve also just read the following on a blog, not sure how accurate this is?!:
  • Bangkok-Hong Kong: Interestingly, this is one of the few routes that operate a 2-class configuration Airbus A380. This means that there is no first-class onboard. This flight is three hours long in duration.

nufnuf77 Dec 15, 2020 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Tofino87 (Post 32887128)
haha maybe we can do both.

I’ve also just read the following on a blog, not sure how accurate this is?!:
  • Bangkok-Hong Kong: Interestingly, this is one of the few routes that operate a 2-class configuration Airbus A380. This means that there is no first-class onboard. This flight is three hours long in duration.

it’s not accurate and historically BKK HKG always had F on EK in my memory

jfkeze Dec 15, 2020 6:44 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 32887146)

Just one of TRs from the archives... This one from 2012 OMAAT another one from 2014

Harko Dec 15, 2020 6:48 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 32887146)

historically yes but a few years back the DXB-HKG via BKK flights were replaced and kept operating by a high density/2 class Emirates A380.

Qatar Airways Dec 15, 2020 8:15 am

Have flown these sectors a few times in economy.
flight times are approx 2 and half hours.
The cheap seats were excellent and food service good.
did toy with flying premium on such a short flight,just not worth the £££££

SCLflyer Dec 15, 2020 10:18 am

Flew twice on Business Class. I can confirm that it was a high density A380. Business class was on the back of the Upper Deck and there was no F. These planes feature the redesigned bar, which was open. Food was a single tray affair.. nothing memorable but more than OK.

TravelingZoomer Dec 15, 2020 11:41 am

I believe EK puts its F in Plaza Premium First which is actually one of the nicer lounges I’ve visited even though it’s a contract lounge

minz56 Dec 15, 2020 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Tofino87 (Post 32887101)
Thanks for posting. Any idea what the service is like, given the short duration of the flight? I’m guessing just drinks?!

You can check what is offered on the Emirates website using the 'What's on your flight" option - currently menus are available for December. A three course meal is offered in both directions with a full bar service. It's a three hour flight so there is sufficient time for a full meal. I haven't flown this sector so can't say if they cut corners with the service.

Croupier Dec 15, 2020 10:23 pm

I did this in 2016, paid $320 AUD for BBK-HKG in J and HKG- BKK in YUpgraded to F with only 10'000 Miles,.

Was great value.

deadinabsentia Dec 16, 2020 12:38 am

I have flown it in F many times. Easy to drink the value of the ticket. Defo go F.