Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: LAX-GIG from 1294 in J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: LAX-GIG from 1294 in J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2020, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Any chance UA/DL compete?
Old Dec 13, 2020, 7:31 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Any chance UA/DL compete?
Not to RIO, yet. There are DL/AM fares to BOG/MDE at or less than the AA fare mentioned (maybe only on more direct routings, though).
Old Dec 13, 2020, 8:53 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K
I see LATAM (which I think still works with AS and BA and LH - I honestly have no idea) LAX - Natal for $1,570 till the end of the schedule. Not sure how good of a deal it is. Hopefully helps. LAX-LIM-GRU-NAT
Now I am going way off topic here but PUQ is $1,718

Last edited by boggs; Dec 13, 2020 at 8:56 pm Reason: Added PUQ
Old Dec 13, 2020, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
The fictitious schedule looks fantastic.

James
Yeah, looks a bit iffy. Hoping the February schedule holds for all who booked!
Old Dec 14, 2020, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Now this is one of the most useful recent posts because US residents are permitted to visit Brazil without quarantine, unlike most other countries. Great fare for a comfy seat.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
For a little more and a couple of SWUs/BizExtra certs, you can upgrade LAX-JFK to three class First and get 5 visits to Flagship First Dining assuming that they are open again by September.
Why only 5x FFD? Isn't it 2x LAX, 2x JFK, and 2x MIA, since MIA is a same-day connection both ways? (And really 4x JFK, because one can readily visit at the beginning and end of each long layover.)
EDIT: Ah, I assume you figured it this way because MIA FFD doesn't open until the afternoon? So then let's call it 7x including hitting JFK coming and going?

Last edited by FlyingEgghead; Dec 15, 2020 at 3:55 am
Old Dec 15, 2020, 4:42 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
Why only 5x FFD? Isn't it 2x LAX, 2x JFK, and 2x MIA, since MIA is a same-day connection both ways? (And really 4x JFK, because one can readily visit at the beginning and end of each long layover.)
EDIT: Ah, I assume you figured it this way because MIA FFD doesn't open until the afternoon? So then let's call it 7x including hitting JFK coming and going?
I would assume because of the five segment that would have access to FFD only BOG-MIA would not have access... As there is only an Admirals Club in BOG
Old Dec 16, 2020, 12:00 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Bummer, is this over? I am down to book and then go to Macae and stay at a Hyatt for 2 weeks. Can't find less than $2000 for LAX-GIG RT...
Old Dec 16, 2020, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by jfkeze
I would assume because of the five segment that would have access to FFD only BOG-MIA would not have access... As there is only an Admirals Club in BOG
You seem to be counting departures, but FFD would also apply on final arrival back at LAX (it is allowed at the destination of 3-cabin F transcon even without an onward flight). So it would be 6x except for the fact that MIA FFD isn't open in the morning. At least, I assume this was SFO777's reasoning.
(BTW, there is not technically an AC in BOG, but there is a partner lounge.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.