Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TP Business: MPM to GIG / CUN from £1264

Old Dec 11, 2020, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OWE

After learning a lot from the forum, finally my turn to share something.

Interesting J fares to interesting destinations on board A330 Neo.
Wide availability from March 2021.
Cheaper to Rio, not bad to Cancun:
https://flights.app.goo.gl/nRSCo

Positioning a bit tricky, but currently TAP has economy flights from LIS to MPM for as low as £59 ow, or £229 rt.
Hope it helps someone.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 6:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
I cant find flights to CUN below 1509 GBP, can you please give some sample dates?

Originally Posted by Slunko
After learning a lot from the forum, finally my turn to share something.

Interesting J fares to interesting destinations on board A330 Neo.
Wide availability from March 2021.
Cheaper to Rio, not bad to Cancun:
https://flights.app.goo.gl/nRSCo

Positioning a bit tricky, but currently TAP has economy flights from LIS to MPM for as low as £59 ow, or £229 rt.
Hope it helps someone.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OWE
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
I cant find flights to CUN below 1509 GBP, can you please give some sample dates?
Sorry my bad, should have been more explicit. MPM - GIG is £1200+, MPM-CUN is £1500+
Old Dec 12, 2020, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Sorry, but MPM? Never heard of that airport code.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 2:54 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Sorry, but MPM? Never heard of that airport code.
Maputo, Mozambique. Here is a Trip Report from when I was there in 2018. (External link disclosure)
Old Dec 12, 2020, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Slunko

Hope it helps someone.
The low fares between Lisbon and Mocambique are quite limited in availability, a product of TAP's flakey "75 years" promotion.

And you'll likely need a visa for Mocambique: I got one on arrival, but I think that was good fortune.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 8:22 am

A bit tricky to position, but Mozambique seems to be open with a 72h testing requirement.

Not sure about the financial situation at TAP, I currently don’t really won’t to give them any money...
Old Dec 12, 2020, 10:56 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Freddorick
A bit tricky to position, but Mozambique seems to be open with a 72h testing requirement.

Not sure about the financial situation at TAP, I currently don’t really won’t to give them any money...
They are particularly flaky from what I understand.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I'm quite sure that I'm not going to position to Mozambique (from Europe) in order to get flight to GIG or CUN...
raporot likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 12:31 pm

Programs: Flying Blue/Platinum, TK/Elite Plus, QR/Platinum, LH/FTL, Marriott/Platinum
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I'm quite sure that I'm not going to position to Mozambique (from Europe) in order to get flight to GIG or CUN...
No one is begging you to. If this is not for you, move on - no need to declare your intention to the world. No one cares. And also your upthread comment on your not knowing MPM, I mean seriously? Do you know Google then?
Perisai, Blackheath and eneq like this.
Old Dec 12, 2020, 6:27 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I am still waiting for refund of 5 refundable business class tickets from TAP that were issued in August 2019, for travel in April 2020, cancelled in March 2020 and which I promptly requested a refund of. I have gotten nothing but runaround and of the $20k or so in cancelled premium travel that I had cancelled, they are the only ones I still have gotten nothing from. I would take 1264 GBP and toss it in a fire before I bought tickets from TAP....
Old Dec 13, 2020, 4:12 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by stephem
I am still waiting for refund of 5 refundable business class tickets from TAP that were issued in August 2019, for travel in April 2020, cancelled in March 2020 and which I promptly requested a refund of. I have gotten nothing but runaround and of the $20k or so in cancelled premium travel that I had cancelled, they are the only ones I still have gotten nothing from. I would take 1264 GBP and toss it in a fire before I bought tickets from TAP....
If in the UK or USA, Small Claims Court could be an option...
Old Dec 13, 2020, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by stephem
I’m guessing you tried a charge back with your credit card company already?
Old Dec 14, 2020, 9:16 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by Freddorick
I’m guessing you tried a charge back with your credit card company already?
I am a decent spender at AMEX and they tried what they could, but what many people dont understand is that at 12 months from purchase, the charges vaporize from the AMEX chargeback system and so they cannot even find it to initiate a chargeback. If it is not in that system, no chargeback. So I tried, but no dice there. I am suing AMEX Travel in my local small claims court, they can winge all they want and point the finger at TAP, but I dont think that will be helpful to their cause. TAP doesnt appear to have a designated agent for service of process in WA state, so I cannot easily sue them here in small claims court.

But back to my point, TAP is the worst among all the airlines that had some of my money from cancelled flights. They show complete disdain for their customers, I have never encountered so many rude people in customer service roles. And they lie to the US DOT, every complaint I file, including quotes from TAP personnel stating that they agree they owe me a refund and it is "being processed" are met with a response from TAP to the DOT that "all issues have been resolved with the customer."
boggs and Freddorick like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.