Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LX/LH UK companion fares F from £1499pp and J from £430pp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX/LH UK companion fares F from £1499pp and J from £430pp

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2020, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Amazing deal and couldn't have been better timing for me. I was in the middle of planning a London-Dubai Christmas vacation last night and had resigned myself to BA Premium Economy at £2500 for 2 pax... Was literally on the payment page on BA.com when I refreshed one of my half dozen Google Flights tabs and this showed up. It must have been 3am and I don't think I've ever typed in my credit card number so fast! Thought it might be a mistake fare. £1760 for two via LX J LHR-ZRH-DXB. Of course, woke up in the morning and saw this thread the next day . Seems prices have gone up on the dates I booked, but a bunch of others still available...
Old Nov 28, 2020, 3:57 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
LX LHR-ZRH- Far East £1049pp

Swiss LHR-ZRH-HKG / BKK
Oct 2021
Business class £1049 pp
First class £1900 pp

Didn't check other dates or destinations.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 4:08 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum - Aeroflot Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by impeymac
Swiss LHR-ZRH-HKG / BKK
Oct 2021
Business class £1049 pp
First class £1900 pp

Didn't check other dates or destinations.
is it a partner sale, 2 tickets to buy or only one?
Old Nov 28, 2020, 4:13 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by advisorytoptop
Didn't say so, but I did buy two.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by advisorytoptop
It's part of LX/LH UK-companion-fares sale which is already discussed HERE
Old Nov 28, 2020, 6:33 am

data point: SIN can be had on SQ's new F via ZRH as well for € 2'150 / $ 2'545 pp.
outbound LX; inbound SQ will get you F-lounge and chauffeur in ZRH; new concorde room in SIN when travelling closer to end of schedule + covid restrictions lifted

edit:
new Private Room, of course!

Last edited by alp67; Nov 29, 2020 at 8:57 am
Old Nov 28, 2020, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by alp67
data point: SIN can be had on SQ's new F via ZRH as well for € 2'150 / $ 2'545 pp.
outbound LX; inbound SQ will get you F-lounge and chauffeur in ZRH; new concorde room in SIN when travelling closer to end of schedule + covid restrictions lifted
Do you have a link? I’m new into all this.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 9:47 am

Data point 2: you could reroute via BKK for €80 extra. It means a layover, see some lounges (SQ/BR/TG/TK or CX/JL) and fly an extra segment in SQ/TG/CX from BKK to SIN (2 hours in a widebody = extra points)

Last edited by Travel-Quinten; Nov 28, 2020 at 9:56 am
Old Nov 28, 2020, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
Data point 2: you could reroute via BKK for €80 extra. It means a layover, see some lounges (SQ/BR/TG/TK or CX/JL) and fly an extra segment in SQ/TG/CX from BKK to SIN (2 hours in a widebody = extra points)
Please expound on this for those of us who are new. Sample booking maybe? Thank you!
Old Nov 28, 2020, 10:40 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Originally Posted by Jetrigger
Please expound on this for those of us who are new. Sample booking maybe? Thank you!
Search with a transit in BKK as written in several booking examples for an additional leg.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 12:00 pm

Found it! Thanks.

How sure can one be that they just do not change metall to only Swiss instead of code share (with SQ performing under LX)? Will the experience be full SQ experiences?
Old Nov 28, 2020, 5:49 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AndSwede
Found it! Thanks.

How sure can one be that they just do not change metall to only Swiss instead of code share (with SQ performing under LX)? Will the experience be full SQ experiences?
You can't be sure of anything that far in the future. SQ is currently not flying a single airplane with F cabin, all their A380s are either mothballed or grounded to serve as restaurants... with no indication of them being back in the air any time soon.
AndSwede likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 7:15 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
edit..

Last edited by kevinflyaway; Nov 29, 2020 at 9:54 am
Old Nov 29, 2020, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
Lots of discussion at home about a booking for June 2021. Let me see if I get this correct.

If booked with VS you can always change the booking for free. You also get the first 350 pounds of fare difference, but since this is a really low offer. Changes later will certainly be heavier then 350 pp. No mention of options for a voucher.

If booked with DL you can always change the booking for free. You do pay fare difference. However all tickets bought before 31st of December can be cancelled free of charge, in return for a voucher.

I just need to make certain that if the US ban for Europe is not lifted by then, I can push back some of the trip or at least get my money back with a voucher. We will fly for sure at some point

So with this info I would be more inclined to book through DL right?

Found a nice deal from LHR to LAX on the new VS A350 and return with KL on 787 and since we're based in Amsterdam, that much home quicker. All for €1100 pp.
Are u sure you posted in the right thread?
kevinflyaway and AndSwede like this.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 10:05 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Are u sure you posted in the right thread?
oops. can u delete the quote then.

thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.