Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL/KL/AF/VA: INV-LAX 615 gbp / €693 (Z)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2020, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold

Virgin is having a nice sale from LHR, but the best prices are from INV. Lie-flat to sunny LAX is only 615 pounds (693 euro).
Tickets into Z, meaning 200% pre-bonus on either DL or VA.

In order to get these prices, you need to go onto the VA website and click through to the return flight. Then, it will show 615 GBP.

Old Nov 23, 2020, 2:32 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
The price is nice but the fare rules state that the trip has to commence and end before June 30 next year. As well it look like after march the price jumps couple of hundred.
Good and useful to those who can get into the USA or who are optimistic. Also the cheapest tickets are generally stick with awful connections.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 3:12 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by danfl44
Virgin is having a nice sale from LHR, but the best prices are from INV. Lie-flat to sunny LAX is only 615 pounds (693 euro).
Tickets into Z, meaning 200% pre-bonus on either DL or VA.

In order to get these prices, you need to go onto the VA website and click through to the return flight. Then, it will show 615 GBP.

Damn nice, but INV doesn't work anymore in May/June through Virgin website. Otherwise would have bought. But I think March is to soon for USA to open again...
Old Nov 23, 2020, 4:35 am

Seems that price is only available with long layovers and 2 or 3 stops in return :/

Anyone find anything similar from Dublin/AMS?
Old Nov 23, 2020, 4:59 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
The price is nice but the fare rules state that the trip has to commence and end before June 30 next year. As well it look like after march the price jumps couple of hundred.
Good and useful to those who can get into the USA or who are optimistic. Also the cheapest tickets are generally stick with awful connections.
But doesn't the free change policy allow for a change after this date? Otherwise it's not so flexible policy
Old Nov 23, 2020, 5:15 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
But doesn't the free change policy allow for a change after this date? Otherwise it's not so flexible policy
Very nice one, but the thing that bugs me a bit (besides the fact borders might remain closed for europeans going to the US for most of 2021) is that any changes may be linked to a fare repricing (although if booked via VS, they will not charge for any price difference of 350GBP or lower - not the case if booked on KL, AF, DL). So having Z availability for the new dates may not be enough, if you decide to rebook and the price in Z jumps to 2000 GPB, then you will have to pay 1300-ish GBP right ?
Also, how does everyone feels about booking via VS (rather than AF KL or DL) ? VS policy seems nicer but their financial situation is also worse than DL KL AF...
Old Nov 23, 2020, 5:56 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Anybody can get mileage earning for VS stock crediting to Flying Blue?
Old Nov 23, 2020, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by palmanfr
Very nice one, but the thing that bugs me a bit (besides the fact borders might remain closed for europeans going to the US for most of 2021) is that any changes may be linked to a fare repricing (although if booked via VS, they will not charge for any price difference of 350GBP or lower - not the case if booked on KL, AF, DL). So having Z availability for the new dates may not be enough, if you decide to rebook and the price in Z jumps to 2000 GPB, then you will have to pay 1300-ish GBP right ?
Also, how does everyone feels about booking via VS (rather than AF KL or DL) ? VS policy seems nicer but their financial situation is also worse than DL KL AF...
With VS it is the price difference -350 so if the fare reprices up by 1000 you would have to pay 650.
The policy is flexible if your flight get cancelled because they give you until end of 2022 to rebook but of the flight go as planned then there isn't much flexibility
Old Nov 23, 2020, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by 747jetter
Anybody can get mileage earning for VS stock crediting to Flying Blue?
They should as VS and AF/KLM have a special relationship in connection with the transatlantic JV
Old Nov 23, 2020, 7:02 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
With VS it is the price difference -350 so if the fare reprices up by 1000 you would have to pay 650.
The policy is flexible if your flight get cancelled because they give you until end of 2022 to rebook but of the flight go as planned then there isn't much flexibility
Fair enough, but with the uncertainty about border closures and other travel restrictions, I am not sure I want to book a flight for May (even a such a low price) that if I need to change it for later in the year, I will end up paying this "deal" a thousand more than initially expected. If only there would be no fare change if the same booking class is available, that would make things easier. I also wish AF KL DL would match this 350 GBP offset for fare difference that VS is offering.
That being said, the chances that there will be a schedule change or cancellation is still high for flights 6-months from now, so that could be an opportunity for a free change or refund.
Maybe I need to speak to Mrs before pulling the trigger :-)
Old Nov 23, 2020, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by palmanfr
Fair enough, but with the uncertainty about border closures and other travel restrictions, I am not sure I want to book a flight for May (even a such a low price) that if I need to change it for later in the year, I will end up paying this "deal" a thousand more than initially expected. If only there would be no fare change if the same booking class is available, that would make things easier. I also wish AF KL DL would match this 350 GBP offset for fare difference that VS is offering.
That being said, the chances that there will be a schedule change or cancellation is still high for flights 6-months from now, so that could be an opportunity for a free change or refund.
Maybe I need to speak to Mrs before pulling the trigger :-)
For the reason you mentioned I decided to pass on this even with the ability to book this all the way to Hawaii. I already have an open rewards ticket to the USA already. I'll stick with that at this point. (Iberia 50% off reward)
palmanfr likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.