Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AC YVR-NRT C$2,205 RT after 15% discount

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2020, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond

C$2205 = about US$1,650. AC credit card holders get a 15% off base fare on flights up to June 15, 2021, Must book by 9/30. Can also route through YYC. Books into P fare. I booked May-June trip, hoping things will be open by then.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 4:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by tobegold
C$2205 = about US$1,650. AC credit card holders get a 15% off base fare on flights up to June 15, 2021, Must book by 9/30. Can also route through YYC. Books into P fare. I booked May-June trip, hoping things will be open by then.
Buyer beware - there is no legal entry into Japan for non-citizens/non-residents, there is no timeline to change this, and if you buy this fare and cannot enter Japan, AC will only offer a voucher which you will need to apply against a new fare at rebooking which could be 3-5x more expensive. No way I would chance this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Buyer beware - there is no legal entry into Japan for non-citizens/non-residents, there is no timeline to change this, and if you buy this fare and cannot enter Japan, AC will only offer a voucher which you will need to apply against a new fare at rebooking which could be 3-5x more expensive. No way I would chance this.
with the 10x bonus miles per $ on top of the std offer on my affiliated credit card and the ability to either convert value of the ticket to aeroplan with bonus points or no change fee the risk is low, the points on conversion will be more than enough to redeem for a biz ticket to Japan with the new Aeroplan program after Nov 8.

Actually a cheaper way to purchase points and YVR to most of Japan will cost less points than what I will get on conversion of the ticket plus the credit card bonus. That plus reduced fees after Nov 8.
torontochinese likes this.

Last edited by tobegold; Oct 2, 2020 at 10:49 pm
Old Oct 3, 2020, 6:37 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by tobegold
with the 10x bonus miles per $ on top of the std offer on my affiliated credit card and the ability to either convert value of the ticket to aeroplan with bonus points or no change fee the risk is low, the points on conversion will be more than enough to redeem for a biz ticket to Japan with the new Aeroplan program after Nov 8.

Actually a cheaper way to purchase points and YVR to most of Japan will cost less points than what I will get on conversion of the ticket plus the credit card bonus. That plus reduced fees after Nov 8.

Agree with the logic here from YVR. Not sure you will see further reduced fees however as AC flights no longer have YQ fees stacked on them. YVR-NRT return will cost you $98.27 a person on AC metal (on the rare days that option is available).

CC
Old Oct 3, 2020, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
Agree with the logic here from YVR. Not sure you will see further reduced fees however as AC flights no longer have YQ fees stacked on them. YVR-NRT return will cost you $98.27 a person on AC metal (on the rare days that option is available).

CC
correct, I was just thinking YQ. Add an extra $39 if flying on other partners. Additional options would be YVR-ICN (stopover) - Japan and other combinations for an extra 5,000 points for a stopover as long as the maximum mileage is not exceeded.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 9:35 pm

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
Is the 15%/10x promo still active? the email that I got says it's valid until 09/30
Old Oct 5, 2020, 9:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just FYI, per Japan govt, no tourists allowed until *possibly* April 2021, and even then they are likely to restrict entry to very select nationals, such as Taiwan, New Zealand, etc from countries with very little exposure to the virus. So no US/Canadians are likely to be included. Book accordingly.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2020/10/05/...1/?omhide=true

Also note the travel insurance requirement - and virtually every travel plan specifically excludes anything to do with coronavirus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.