Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AC biz class yyz-hnd $2390CAD return till end of season except Olympic period

Old Sep 29, 20, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Great cheap fare, I bought two tickets. probably will disappear soon.
Old Sep 29, 20, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by torontochinese View Post
Great cheap fare, I bought two tickets. probably will disappear soon.
Great fare! Just booked for next year for $1900 CAD
Old Sep 29, 20, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hitesh Chhabra View Post
Great fare! Just booked for next year for $1900 CAD
how did you get $1900 CAD?
reggiekush likes this.
Old Sep 29, 20, 11:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
AA/JAL joined the party... JL codes on the TPAC.
Google Flights
Old Sep 29, 20, 11:57 am

YYZ-DFW-JFK-HND [email protected] booked by AA. TPAC on JAL metal
JL Code will be about CAD200 more.

Last edited by csardas; Sep 29, 20 at 12:04 pm
Old Sep 29, 20, 12:17 pm

Programs: IC SpAmb, SPG/Marr Plat, HH Gold, Amex Plat
how did you get $1900 CAD?
Thanks OP! I used a promo code for 15% off and 10x bonus Aeroplan codes from one of the Aeroplan credit cards and my total was around ~$2050 CAD for April 2021. https://princeoftravel.com/blog/aero...on-air-canada/
Old Sep 29, 20, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
nice fare. Now we need some discount codes
Old Sep 29, 20, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by silverferrari View Post
Thanks OP! I used a promo code for 15% off and 10x bonus Aeroplan codes from one of the Aeroplan credit cards and my total was around ~$2050 CAD for April 2021. https://princeoftravel.com/blog/aero...on-air-canada/
great, thanks. I got one too, but i deleted that email and i could not find it in my deleted folder. otherwise i would have got 15% off.
Old Sep 29, 20, 12:39 pm

Programs: AC 75K, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
If you booked within 24 hours you can cancel and re-book with the discount code - I have one for both TD Visa and CIBC Visa.Unfortunately, they are only good until June 15th travel and I am going in September
torontochinese likes this.
Old Sep 29, 20, 12:43 pm

Programs: IC SpAmb, SPG/Marr Plat, HH Gold, Amex Plat
great, thanks. I got one too, but i deleted that email and i could not find it in my deleted folder. otherwise i would have got 15% off.
The promo code is the same for everyone depending on the card:

TD Aeroplan: JP2TUX81 (https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ard-offer.html)
CIBC Aeroplan: JNAFDB61 (https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ard-offer.html)

AMEX AeroPlus: JPPRNCP1 (https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ard-offer.html)
Old Sep 29, 20, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Hasn't AC pretty much decimated their inflight J service to the point where it's virtually non-existent? Not sure I would be putting any money into a substandard paid J product for the foreseeable future especially when there is no need to push travel to requalify for status during virus extensions.
Old Sep 29, 20, 1:05 pm

Programs: AC 75K, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
AC now offers a flexible booking policy that allows for 1 no cost change on bookings, valid until Dec 2021. Would it be possible to book the flights in May (when the 15% discount applies) then change to September closer to the time (assuming P class bucket is available on that flight) ?

Update - called AC to ask them about their free change policy - you will not get hit with a change fee, but any fare difference that results will be your responsibility. Given we are going in September (and they cannot quote me on those dates), I think I will pass and just book with points.

CC

Last edited by Captain Canuck; Sep 29, 20 at 1:25 pm
Old Sep 29, 20, 2:13 pm
SST

I wouldn't touch a new itinerary offered by Air Canada no matter how reasonable the fare seems. These crooks have $6100 of mine for a transatlantic trip scheduled in a week, which has been cancelled by them, and refuse to refund the fare. They are insisting on a $468 per ticket "change fee", or that I take a crummy voucher that requires me to buy a NEW $6100 itinerary or lose the balance of the voucher over anything I use it for. Criminals! For example, if I wanted to use my voucher for this flight, I'd be out $4000+ in value---- in effect, I would have bought the flight for $6100. Gangsters! Beware any dealings with Air Canada while they hold this "refund policy".
expert7700 and Schweden like this.
Old Sep 29, 20, 3:27 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Booked YYZ-HND-YYZ for $1932 (with a 20% discount). Don't think I have ever seen Asia fares this low in J.
Old Sep 29, 20, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi View Post
Booked YYZ-HND-YYZ for $1932 (with a 20% discount). Don't think I have ever seen Asia fares this low in J.
This fare is not so spectacular, Air Canada has been offering relatively cheap J ex-YVR for awhile before the virus, some of us made some rather creative routings to maintain UA status.

Originally Posted by SST View Post
I wouldn't touch a new itinerary offered by Air Canada no matter how reasonable the fare seems. These crooks have $6100 of mine for a transatlantic trip scheduled in a week, which has been cancelled by them, and refuse to refund the fare. They are insisting on a $468 per ticket "change fee", or that I take a crummy voucher that requires me to buy a NEW $6100 itinerary or lose the balance of the voucher over anything I use it for. Criminals! For example, if I wanted to use my voucher for this flight, I'd be out $4000+ in value---- in effect, I would have bought the flight for $6100. Gangsters! Beware any dealings with Air Canada while they hold this "refund policy".
Off topic for this thread, but did you take them to small claims court in SF? That might be worth a look, it's a $50 bet they won't show up in court and you get a default judgement which you can take to their airport ticket office with the Sheriff and get your money. If they changed the refund policy AFTER you bought the ticket, the court may order them to adhere to the original policy which might have allowed for a cash refund in the same circumstances.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: