Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AMEX IAP: US East Coast-SYD/MEL QR $3550, EY $3875

Old Sep 24, 20, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others

This deal comes and goes, but through EOS, I can see JFK (or other east coast destinations) to SYD/MEL on QR for about $3550 and the same routing on EY for about $3875. I've seen this fare show up a few times on QR, and I saw a similar price on AA a couple of years ago, but I haven't seen EY at this price.
Old Sep 24, 20, 6:25 am

Programs: continental one pass, delta skymiles, platinum american express
What is EOS?
Old Sep 24, 20, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by rtlaw View Post
What is EOS?
EOS can mean many things but in this case the OP is referring to the end of (booking) season, generally 10 months from now.

Last edited by Croupier; Sep 24, 20 at 6:55 am
Old Sep 24, 20, 7:22 am

It is a great fare but be aware that QR has zero availability in any fare bucket to Australia until Dec 18th and at the above price no availability until Jan 10th. If as is ilkely the Australian Government continues border restrictions then the zeroed out availabilty will no doubt be extended past Dec 18th. If you purchase this fare for Jan 2021 onwards and have the right to enter Australia under current border restrictions there is still the chance of your reservation not being honoured depending on how many passengers Australia is allowing per arriving flight (currently around 50 I believe)
There was a recent story of a high tier Emirates FF having his Business class reservation LHR-SYD cancelled 6 times because of the government restrictions. I don't know if QR has similar passengers floating in the ether
Old Sep 24, 20, 7:57 am

Programs: AS G75, UA GOLD MM, DL MM
Originally Posted by rtlaw View Post
What is EOS?
End of Schedule
ijgordon, TyPo311 and cmd320 like this.
Old Sep 24, 20, 9:53 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by 3544quebec View Post
It is a great fare but be aware that QR has zero availability in any fare bucket to Australia until Dec 18th and at the above price no availability until Jan 10th. If as is ilkely the Australian Government continues border restrictions then the zeroed out availabilty will no doubt be extended past Dec 18th. If you purchase this fare for Jan 2021 onwards and have the right to enter Australia under current border restrictions there is still the chance of your reservation not being honoured depending on how many passengers Australia is allowing per arriving flight (currently around 50 I believe)
There was a recent story of a high tier Emirates FF having his Business class reservation LHR-SYD cancelled 6 times because of the government restrictions. I don't know if QR has similar passengers floating in the ether
It would be surprising if they have any availability this year. They have a massive backlog because of the 50 arrivals rule.
Old Sep 24, 20, 10:54 am

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Is this that good of a deal for BIZ class? I've heard EYs biz class is underwhelming.
Old Sep 24, 20, 11:53 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by TyPo311 View Post
Is this that good of a deal for BIZ class? I've heard EYs biz class is underwhelming.
Seems that QR is better than EY in J then?
Old Sep 24, 20, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
I'm not sure. I haven't flown EY longhaul biz. $3500 from the East Coast of the US to Australia in J on QR is about as cheap as it gets outside of mistakes.
TyPo311 likes this.
Old Sep 24, 20, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06 View Post
My vote is for QR J over EY J. On QR, I'd recommend trying to choose flights operated by non-A380s (if those even stick around) as those will very likely feature QSuites. The A380s have the older generation (but still respectable) reverse herringbone product.
Old Sep 24, 20, 7:25 pm

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06 View Post
Imho QR J is likely the better option.
Having said that, EY J, especially if you get the business studio product, is still very good. Food is probably the weakest part of the offering on EY in my experience, when compared with QR.
Old Sep 25, 20, 1:11 am

There are typically no good deals for revenue fares from USA to AU. All the good deals to AU that come up on this forum start in Europe or Asia. There were also some great RTW fares starting in South America or South Africa,
TyPo311 and findark like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: