Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

VS business: LHR - DEL £781 RT (non-stop)

Old Sep 15, 20, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Great fare from Virgin. Flights are in the A330 and travel dates are till January 2021.

Google Flights Link

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.

Source: Business class to India from £781 RT
Old Sep 15, 20, 12:45 am

If this could be rebooked to a later date for free with no fare increase I’d be all over it..!
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Sep 15, 20, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
This is cheap!!!!! Issue is getting in and out. Not sure if the airport has improved recently but last month a friend was stuck in there for 5hrs on arrival for the various formalities.
Tofino87 and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Sep 15, 20, 7:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Miles & More pleb
I've pasted the fare rules below.

If I understand them correctly (disclaimer: I'm not very good at this and I didn't read the whole thing in the first place), you can change your tickets for an extra £300, but my best guess is that they won't make a corona waiver free of charge on this one if you can't travel to India in January.

Shame because it's indeed a great deal. Looks like Nov-Dec already sold out only january left.

Spoiler

Old Sep 15, 20, 1:22 pm

Programs: None
Great deal but can anyone see India opening up within the next 4 months? Their cases are going through the roof so surly they will stay in lockdown??
Old Sep 15, 20, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SgtRyan View Post
Great deal but can anyone see India opening up within the next 4 months? Their cases are going through the roof so surly they will stay in lockdown??
I feel they will open as their economy is getting hit bad. But it will most likely come with quarantines at both ends.
Old Sep 16, 20, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites View Post
I feel they will open as their economy is getting hit bad. But it will most likely come with quarantines at both ends.
Personally I couldn’t consider touching this for January... unless there was a likelihood for it to be cancelled and then virgin allowing a re-booking until later next year... sounds like india is not in great shape right now.
Old Sep 16, 20, 3:36 pm

Booked one of these today, and noted this...

N515CR, davistev and Flyingfares like this.
Old Sep 16, 20, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To be fair you can't fault VS for trying. Cracking fare!
Old Sep 17, 20, 12:00 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by king1983 View Post

That is very interesting.
At what point did that show up ?
Were you on the Virgin website directly ?

Hmmm mind you, do I think that India won't be a wild hotbed of Corona by Feb / March ?
Tofino87 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 20, 12:41 am

So... does this mean hypothetically:

You could book this for January. Wait and see how it goes in India ...

assuming things have not markedly improved, you could call a few weeks beforehand and change the ticket for end of March...

and if the end of March came around, still no improvement, you could then cancel the ticket and keep the credit (£781) on your VS account, and use this on another itinerary anywhere up to September 2022?

If so, this isn’t sounding so bad now...

Plus, if you have a VS mastercard, this will allow you to hit the £500 spend with VS/Virgin Holidays in the next few weeks to award you an upgrade voucher. Although, I’m not sure what the effect would be if you ultimately cancelled the ticket for credit - hopefully they wouldn’t claw back the voucher - as they’ve still had your money and it stays with them as credit!!
Old Sep 17, 20, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by Tofino87 View Post
So... does this mean hypothetically:

You could book this for January. Wait and see how it goes in India ...

assuming things have not markedly improved, you could call a few weeks beforehand and change the ticket for end of March...

and if the end of March came around, still no improvement, you could then cancel the ticket and keep the credit (£781) on your VS account, and use this on another itinerary anywhere up to September 2022?

If so, this isn’t sounding so bad now...

Plus, if you have a VS mastercard, this will allow you to hit the £500 spend with VS/Virgin Holidays in the next few weeks to award you an upgrade voucher. Although, I’m not sure what the effect would be if you ultimately cancelled the ticket for credit - hopefully they wouldn’t claw back the voucher - as they’ve still had your money and it stays with them as credit!!
What you've described is pretty much what I'm hoping! For £780 I'm happy to take a punt...
Tofino87 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 20, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus View Post
That is very interesting.
At what point did that show up ?
Were you on the Virgin website directly ?

Hmmm mind you, do I think that India won't be a wild hotbed of Corona by Feb / March ?
Yes this is taken directly from the VS website: https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/u...es-policy.html
Old Sep 22, 20, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by king1983 View Post

Does this mean that if I book a fare for January 2021 (for 781 GBP)... and then decide to change it to say Nov 10th 2020 - Nov 30th 2020 ... I can get it for 781GBP? (waiver on fare difference + no change fees?)

Because currently Nov 10th - 30th shows up as 1293GBP...

Really? :O

EDIT: Found the answer here: https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/u...es-policy.html
So only tickets already booked for travel until 30th Nov 2020 can be changed without any change fees and also the fare difference will be waived.
Tickets for travel after 1st Dec 2020 do not get a waiver on fare difference so the scenario I mentioned above cannot be played out.
Old Sep 24, 20, 11:57 am

Just checked and seems to re-price to £1677 now.

Thought I’d be cheeky after the double ‘points’ (not miles anymore!!) email, and try to book one of these.

Oh well, nothing ventured.....

Search this Thread
Search Engine: