Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CX/(JL): HNL-JP-HKG-BAH/DXB/MLE/CMB/KUL/HKT/RGN/CNX/SGN/DAD $1250 ow / $2250 rt [Biz]

CX/(JL): HNL-JP-HKG-BAH/DXB/MLE/CMB/KUL/HKT/RGN/CNX/SGN/DAD $1250 ow / $2250 rt [Biz]

Old Sep 10, 20, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Books into I class: https://www.wheretocredit.com/cathay-pacific-airways/i
earns up to 225% on AS

Sample:

https://expedia.com/Flight-Search-De...rt-hnl-cx-6304
Old Sep 10, 20, 7:12 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
On the one hand: Wow!

On the other: Good luck getting approval from the relevant authorities to travel through and to all of these places en route.
BCNforever and solewalker like this.
Old Sep 11, 20, 1:08 am

Programs: SU Gold; KL Plat; BA Gold; A3 Gold
Looks like PE E fares book into I. SGN is actually 1,850 RT, BKK 2,050. Any lower E fares we can look into?
Cannot see this RBD rules in EF, means a GDS specific glitch like with LATAM fares.
IAkH likes this.
Old Sep 11, 20, 8:31 am

CX and Vietnam? Iím in!
Old Sep 11, 20, 7:00 pm
Used to be highman123

Nice fare! MLE is open for tourism. Can you do a transit in HNL (coming from the mainland) without the quarantine (not leaving the airport of course)?
kyushuman likes this.
Old Sep 12, 20, 6:26 am

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by jjclancy View Post
CX and Vietnam? Iím in!
Is it some mysterious side effect of the pandemic that makes New Year appearing this early?
Old Sep 12, 20, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by onobond View Post
Is it some mysterious side effect of the pandemic that makes New Year appearing this early?
Donít rub it in... I was gutted that I missed that by a couple of hours 😔!
Old Sep 13, 20, 6:02 am

Wow indeed! Has anyone played around with stop over dates yet versus direct? If I am going to transfer through this many big cities I would like to stay a few nights at each if possible. Would be a shame to just pass through these awesome cities!
Old Sep 13, 20, 9:36 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA Silver, AlaskaAir Gold, HHonors DIA, Accor Silver, Marriott Silver, IHG Plat, TK/UA/AA
Originally Posted by danteshors View Post
Wow indeed! Has anyone played around with stop over dates yet versus direct? If I am going to transfer through this many big cities I would like to stay a few nights at each if possible. Would be a shame to just pass through these awesome cities!
Well at first glance, if you can find intl-to-intl connections that allow for just less than 24 hours, that doesn't count against you as a stopover, For example, HNL-TYO, then 23 hours, then TYO-HKG, 20 hours, then HKG-XXX?
A stopover more than 24 hours might trigger some more taxes, and will make the fare more complicated (I haven't looked into how many stop are allowed if any, etc)
Old Sep 13, 20, 10:05 am

Just been trying to book HNL to DXB itinerary.

Cathayís site and Expedia are both erroríing out!

So I tried MLE too and no luck!
Old Sep 13, 20, 10:22 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by danteshors View Post
Stopover are possible at 100 USD a pop. While you can technically have unlimited transfers so if it is under 24 hours you could make it a long layover.
Old Sep 13, 20, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Tofino87 View Post
Just been trying to book HNL to DXB itinerary.

Cathay’s site and Expedia are both error’ing out!

So I tried MLE too and no luck!
If you use ITA powertool it give an itinerary that can be pushed to Expedia.
For example the same dates as the OP. It prices out a bit cheaper.
Interestingly the fare rules says that this is an premium economy fare but it is booking in I fare bucket so it is business. Here are all the routing that would be allowed for this fare.
Spoiler

Some of the non CX flight do have a surcharge
Old Sep 13, 20, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA Silver, AlaskaAir Gold, HHonors DIA, Accor Silver, Marriott Silver, IHG Plat, TK/UA/AA
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath View Post
If you use ITA powertool it give an itinerary that can be pushed to Expedia.
For example the same dates as the OP. It prices out a bit cheaper.
Interestingly the fare rules says that this is an premium economy fare but it is booking in I fare bucket so it is business. Here are all the routing that would be allowed for this fare.
Spoiler

Some of the non CX flight do have a surcharge
I'm quite surprised to see that this could be routed via the Mainland USA and then on to HKG, giving you a 14 hour CX J flight. Nice.
Old Sep 13, 20, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by kyushuman View Post
I'm quite surprised to see that this could be routed via the Mainland USA and then on to HKG, giving you a 14 hour CX J flight. Nice.
I saw the routing but I haven't done much to see if they would price out. The handful of try's I did do gave me errors on ITA but by the rules it should be possible.
Old Sep 13, 20, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath View Post
Spoiler

So yes this is a PE fare that is pricing into I fare bucket. If you try to use any routing via mainland US you can see that it will either offer it for 1k extra or it will force the HKG-Mainland flight into PE. It will however leave everything else in J but I don't think the trade off is worth it. If you stick to the OP routing or the one with an extra stop via Taiwan on the way back you will get it all in business and for the 2250 USD.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: