Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL: MIA-JFK-BOG from $493

Old Aug 30, 20, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Interesting sale with Delta from Miami to Bogota, Colombia but routed via JFK which increases MQM earnings (not MQDs).
SkyMiles members would earn 1980 RDMs, 10690 MQMs and 396 MQDs.

Usual Covid-19 warnings, who knows if the world will still exist in 2021, if borders are open, etc etc etc...

Miami to Bogota

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.
Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals
rubey419 and MSYtoJFKagain like this.
Old Aug 30, 20, 10:32 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
MIA to BOG via JFK ? That would be insane and a waste of time IMO.
Old Aug 30, 20, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
DMPHL, zeer0, pdxkat and 20 others like this.
Old Aug 30, 20, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Insanity is the name of the game in this forum...😁😂
Old Aug 30, 20, 4:31 pm

Programs: Marriot Ambassador ; Delta Diamond ; Avis President's Club ; National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
Interesting sale with Delta from Miami to Bogota, Colombia but routed via JFK which increases MQM earnings (not MQDs).
SkyMiles members would earn 1980 RDMs, 10690 MQMs and 396 MQDs.
Nice find! Love the BOG route for DL business since you can usually find great deals. I was lucky enough to score BOS-LAX-JFK-ATL round trip earlier this year (D1 cabin on 7 legs and with the 777 ATL-JFK reposition no less....going to miss that beautiful plane!) No luck so far hunting the same deal for 2021 which I suspect is due to pandemic reductions.

I played around with MIA-BOG more and found even sweeter earnings for just a few dollars more!

$497 Delta fare Z
MIA-ATL-MSP-JFK-BOG (rt)
D1 cabin (2 legs)

~15,008 MQM (3.3 cpm) $396 MQD
Current availability Jan-Feb 2021

Edit: $458 if willing to forgo a night in BOG

We are in it for the mileage runs!
In2ishn and pdxkat like this.

Last edited by rubey419; Aug 30, 20 at 4:48 pm
Old Aug 30, 20, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
I agree -- no point unless you can route via MSP and SLC too!
Old Aug 30, 20, 4:43 pm

Programs: Marriot Ambassador ; Delta Diamond ; Avis President's Club ; National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by steveholt View Post
I agree -- no point unless you can route via MSP and SLC too!
You can! See my above post.
kyushuman likes this.
Old Aug 30, 20, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

BookWithMatrix

Lucrative for FlyingBlue 24 XPs each way for JFK-BOG and 6 XPs for everyone of the domestic segments so 84 XPs in total.
SkyMiles 1,980 RDMs, 12,520 MQMs and 396 MQDs

You might get some questions with a 5 hour turn in Bogota haha... just a heads-up!
Flyingfares, rubey419 and MaxVO like this.
Old Aug 30, 20, 7:41 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Glad to see I am not the odd one out. I always pick the longer route. The DL deal from BOS was an insane 51 hours and was so much fun.
Old Aug 30, 20, 7:46 pm

You might get some questions with a 5 hour turn in Bogota haha... just a heads-up!
I am planning to do this, so any tips or more details on this? Or will it be better to pay the extra $50 and do a night in BOG? Can score a hotel night from a reward, so will not be a problem.
Old Aug 30, 20, 9:33 pm

Lucrative for FlyingBlue 24 XPs each way for JFK-BOG and 6 XPs for everyone of the domestic segments so 84 XPs in total.
Will that be enough for any elite level with AF? I haven't really kept up with all their changes, so rather clueless at this point.
What do people think about crediting to VS at 200% instead?
Old Aug 31, 20, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO View Post
Will that be enough for any elite level with AF?
No, starting from 0 XP you will be 16 XP short of Silver (SkyTeam Elite)
MaxVO likes this.
Old Aug 31, 20, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by planes&trains View Post
I am planning to do this, so any tips or more details on this? Or will it be better to pay the extra $50 and do a night in BOG? Can score a hotel night from a reward, so will not be a problem.
I debated on that myself when I did my BOG mileage run. I've had quick <5hr layovers at LHR and AMS before, but was afraid I would look extra suspicious visiting only a few hours in Columbia. Decided to stay a night and grab a delicious dinner and a few hours of sleep. Stayed on points myself, which you'll have good value on lower category (if you are Bonvoy I recommend the JW, they really recognized my status and treated me well with suite upgrade and welcome package). At the airport there is a checkpoint, and they asked me the purpose of my visit and locations of where I visited. They also record your passport at the hotel.

Although once you arrive, do you have to go to customs and leave the terminal? Maybe you can just stay in the terminal if you chose for a quick turnaround.

Edit: next time I visit BOG will want to stay a few days more to explore. Seems like a great place to explore!
Brandinho1 and reggiekush like this.

Last edited by rubey419; Aug 31, 20 at 8:07 pm
Old Aug 31, 20, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by rubey419 View Post
Edit: next time I visit BOG will want to stay a few days more to explore. Seems like a great place to explore!
That's what it is then. Thanks for the information. Booked three nights. Will stay at the Hilton. Will give me two full days and the flight is at 11:30pm, so I will have almost three days. Hope things will be safe by January.
BCNforever likes this.
Old Sep 1, 20, 2:06 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Bgta is indeed a very nice and affordable city; it would be a shame not to explore the city for few days. The weather can be a hit or miss though (Medellin has more pleasant sunny weather).
Most tourists stay in Chapinero just north of the city center; a very charming and safe area. Hotels are quite affordable. There is a nice HI Expr. & Suites with a good location (mind you I'm not talking about the HI Expr. Parque 93 which is much further to North). In the vicinity - also on super busy Carrera 7 - there is also a cheap Mercure hotel (but it is not a nice as the HI). I have yet to stay at the Hilton or the Embassy Suites which are both in the same area but a bit further to the North. JW is in the same area as the Hilton.

Last edited by SK AAR; Sep 1, 20 at 2:49 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: