FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   QR QSUITE: MIL - DEL 1350€ rt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/2023822-qr-qsuite-mil-del-1350-rt.html)

styleflyer Aug 23, 2020 5:39 am

QR QSUITE: MIL - DEL 1350€ rt

Qsuites possible all the way.

Available from January until summer 2021.

Sample Link: Momondo

STOPOVERS in DOH for FREE if not EXCEEDING 30 DAYS.
Minimum stay requirements 7 days.
Maximum stay requirements 1 month.

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.

Source: Premium-Flights.com

Tokyoite Aug 23, 2020 7:02 am

Great fare

jfkeze Aug 23, 2020 7:44 am

That free stopover is pretty attractive, you could add in a side trip before the main trip.
Is it me or the 30 day stopover is new?

cheltzel Aug 23, 2020 8:52 am

If you book the stopover and Qatar does not open up to visitors by the time you fly, what happens to your ticket? You can only transit airside for <24 hours. While I hope that there is a significant easing in travel restrictions soon, there may be risk in booking a DOH stopover. Especially early in 2021.

IAN-UK Aug 23, 2020 9:58 am

Originally Posted by jfkeze (Post 32624122)
That free stopover is pretty attractive, you could add in a side trip before the main trip.

On my tickets it used to be more-or-less free up to 4 days, then got more expensive for longer stops. Not break-the-bank expensive, but enough to notice.

QR keeps fares with DOH as origin or destination high, so I guess it wants to be careful it doesn't create a back door for trips to Qatar.

jfkeze Aug 23, 2020 10:15 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 32624325)
On my tickets it used to be more-or-less free up to 4 days, then got more expensive for longer stops. Not break-the-bank expensive, but enough to notice.

QR keeps fares with DOH as origin or destination high, so I guess it wants to be careful it doesn't create a back door for trips to Qatar.

I mean if it allows 30 day stopovers you could use it as a MIL-DOH , spend time there and then do a weekend side trip or day trip to DEL. Of course that assumes a normal travel environment and god knows when we will have that again...

NextWhiteDeath Aug 23, 2020 10:31 am

Originally Posted by cheltzel (Post 32624215)
If you book the stopover and Qatar does not open up to visitors by the time you fly, what happens to your ticket? You can only transit airside for <24 hours. While I hope that there is a significant easing in travel restrictions soon, there may be risk in booking a DOH stopover. Especially early in 2021.

From there book with confidence rules, if I remember correctly, you would be entitled to a refund as they would not be able to provide you with the on ground service.

NextWhiteDeath Aug 23, 2020 10:34 am

Originally Posted by jfkeze (Post 32624122)

They have allowed it but not usually on the cheapest ticket types. For R fare bucket I remember them always having the no stopovers rules. Maybe when it comes to destination near or in the middle East those fare rules weren't there.
​​​​

IAN-UK Aug 23, 2020 10:39 am

Originally Posted by jfkeze (Post 32624363)
I mean if it allows 30 day stopovers you could use it as a MIL-DOH , spend time there and then do a weekend side trip or day trip to DEL. Of course that assumes a normal travel environment and god knows when we will have that again...

well, yes: there was conflicting pressure to allow stop-overs to allow the tourism incentive programme of subsidised hotel rates to work. But those stopover ops were kept short !

MSPeconomist Aug 23, 2020 10:56 am

Can we assume that the flight really leaves from MXP = Milan Malpensa (international) airport?

cheltzel Aug 23, 2020 11:09 am

Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath (Post 32624385)
From there book with confidence rules, if I remember correctly, you would be entitled to a refund as they would not be able to provide you with the on ground service.

I would refer you to the discussion on QR refunding in similar situations on the following thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qata...cellation.html

styleflyer Aug 23, 2020 11:39 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 32624420)
Can we assume that the flight really leaves from MXP = Milan Malpensa (international) airport?

You're right it is MXP, I took the code from Momondo when I put in Milan 😉

planestupid Aug 23, 2020 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 32624420)

Given that MXP is the only one of the MIL airports enjoying QR service, it is safe to assume that this is what the OP meant.;)​​​​

NextWhiteDeath Aug 23, 2020 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by cheltzel (Post 32624440)
I would refer you to the discussion on QR refunding in similar situations on the following thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qata...cellation.html

I did read it. They play some game like almost all airline now but still they do refund you if there are involuntary limitations that are stated on their list. It can just be a bit of wait till they cancel the booking aka at the last minute. Of course there are other option as well if they want to keep the ticket opened for a later date.

Johnnieboy Aug 23, 2020 3:46 pm

Given that border openings and closures are being announced by governments worldwide with only days rather than months notice, it's not really unreasonable to expect airlines to be operating on similar timescales, as they have no control over or foresight of what governments may do.

This looks like a reasonable fare but of course it's buyer beware as any booking beyond the immediate term is currently a roulette game in terms of whether the dates you pick today will need to be revised before departure.