Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL: ATL to SCL or viceversa from $1642

Old Aug 9, 20, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Interesting sale with Delta on their non-stop service between Atlanta and Chile. This works in both directions (an oddity) on International flights and is valid even over the Christmas travel period. This assumes international travel still exists by year end, borders are open and that we don't have more issues...

Atlanta to Santiago de Chile

Santiago de Chile to Atlanta
The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.
Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals
Old Aug 9, 20, 4:05 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
Interesting sale with Delta on their non-stop service between Atlanta and Chile. This works in both directions (an oddity) on International flights and is valid even over the Christmas travel period. This assumes international travel still exists by year end, borders are open and that we don't have more issues...

Atlanta to Santiago de Chile

Santiago de Chile to Atlanta
The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.
Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals

Wow, great find! Delta rarely runs these from ATL at this price. Wish it went into 2021. :-(
Old Aug 9, 20, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

DTW to SCL $1807 - Google Flights
Old Aug 9, 20, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

MSP to SCL $1807 - Google Flights

​​​​​​
Old Aug 9, 20, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
What are the current travel restrictions to Chile and are there any indications of changes any time soon?
Old Aug 9, 20, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Silver Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, HH Diamond, EENational, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by cmd320 View Post
What are the current travel restrictions to Chile and are there any indications of changes any time soon?
Only residents and national can enter and must quarantine for 14 days. No foreigners allowed at this time and I get the feeling it will be a while before foreigners are allowed into most South American countries with the exception of Brazil which is allowing foreigners now.
Old Aug 9, 20, 10:17 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA Silver, AlaskaAir Gold, HHonors DIA, Accor Silver, Marriott Silver, IHG Plat, TK/UA/AA
It's pretty restrictive now, but hopefully it opens up soon..... I went to Chile last year in August and LOVED it. Within an hour of Santiago are several wineries, some quite decent. A few hours more and you're in even more wineries.
Valparaiso is a gorgeous seaside city built into the cliffs with absolutely stunning graffiti art all over the city. Just google Valparaiso graffiti art and you'll be amazed. Thousands of houses and buildings painted beautifully.
Also as an FYI LAN often runs specials in Business Class from SCL-IPC (Easter Island, 2500 miles from anywhere in the South Pacific, literally in my top 5 places I've ever been) and they fly only 787s there now, from what I can tell. From now through January 31st, it's only US$349 to 419 RT in LAN business; you'll get a huge amount of DL miles too. Totally recommended.
cmd320 and Flyingfares like this.
Old Aug 9, 20, 10:41 pm

Programs: LATAM Black
No plans for any flights between SCL and IPC before the end of the year we were told yesterday. It has been Covid-free since April and therefore an idyllic place to be 'locked down' if you don't mind the quietness, but not great economically given that everyone here lives off tourism.

Here's hoping for a better 2021...
kyushuman and sonomawine like this.
Old Aug 9, 20, 11:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The MSP and DTW connections have brutally long connections on the outbound.
Old Aug 10, 20, 10:05 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA Silver, AlaskaAir Gold, HHonors DIA, Accor Silver, Marriott Silver, IHG Plat, TK/UA/AA
Originally Posted by Pirohua View Post
No plans for any flights between SCL and IPC before the end of the year we were told yesterday. It has been Covid-free since April and therefore an idyllic place to be 'locked down' if you don't mind the quietness, but not great economically given that everyone here lives off tourism.

Here's hoping for a better 2021...
Well, zero infections since April is AWESOME. Wish I were locked down there instead of half-locked-down here in the good ol' USA!
I promise to return to Easter Island once it's safe for everyone. Thanks for the update!
Old Aug 11, 20, 1:50 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, UA PP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by kyushuman View Post
Also as an FYI LAN often runs specials in Business Class from SCL-IPC (Easter Island, 2500 miles from anywhere in the South Pacific, literally in my top 5 places I've ever been) and they fly only 787s there now, from what I can tell. From now through January 31st, it's only US$349 to 419 RT in LAN business; you'll get a huge amount of DL miles too. Totally recommended.
LA also has a once weekly (Monday outbound, Tuesday inbound) non-stop 787 service IPC-PPT. The 6h 5m westbound flight crosses 5 time zones, departs at 11:55 pm and arrives at 1:00 am. The 5 hour eastbound flight departs at 3:00 am and arrived back at 1:00 pm. It really plays with your sense of time.

James
Old Aug 13, 20, 12:31 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by Brandinho1 View Post
Only residents and national can enter and must quarantine for 14 days. No foreigners allowed at this time and I get the feeling it will be a while before foreigners are allowed into most South American countries with the exception of Brazil which is allowing foreigners now.
Supposedly Colombia letting folks in starting Sept 1. Not sure if there is a required quarantine. Ecuador you can come now but have to quarantine at a facility they mandate and price is $100/day
kyushuman likes this.
Old Aug 13, 20, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun View Post
LA also has a once weekly (Monday outbound, Tuesday inbound) non-stop 787 service IPC-PPT. The 6h 5m westbound flight crosses 5 time zones, departs at 11:55 pm and arrives at 1:00 am. The 5 hour eastbound flight departs at 3:00 am and arrived back at 1:00 pm. It really plays with your sense of time.

James
I definitely hope it's not true, but I read somewhere LAN has cut that flight.....
Old Aug 15, 20, 12:37 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, UA PP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by kyushuman View Post
I definitely hope it's not true, but I read somewhere LAN has cut that flight.....
I see it scheduled starting January 4th, 2021. While LA departed oneworld, it is still a partner of AS which will be joining oneworld by the end of the year.

James
Old Aug 15, 20, 3:56 am

Didn't think I saw these routes posted on FT yet. But they are also available non-stop in full-flat seats:

Atlanta (ATL) – Bogota (BOG) $730

Atlanta (ATL) – Quito (UIO) $921

Atlanta (ATL) – Lima (LIM) $1,400

Atlanta (ATL) – Sao Paulo (GRU) $1,631

Atlanta (ATL) – Buenos Aires (EZE) $1,676
jfkeze, cmd320, Brandinho1 and 1 others like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: