Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

UA P Class (Biz) LAX=EWR $369-$399 one-way

Old Jul 30, 20, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, JAL Diamond, AS MVPG 75K, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold

Seems like UA is price matching with JetBlue's LAX/SFO-EWR sale, but has almost every day including thanksgiving and Christmas available, as far as the date is bookable in the system and the flight has P availability.

Google Flights EWR-LAX Thxgiving

Google Flights LAX-EWR Xmas

Last edited by JALOO5-Flyer; Jul 30, 20 at 11:34 pm
Old Jul 30, 20, 9:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, AS MVP Gold, UA Silver, B6 Mosaic, Hertz PC
This is amazing. It's the lowest the fare has ever been!
Old Jul 30, 20, 11:44 pm

It seems that the fare is available well into 2021. And works as a RT trip too!

EWR to SFO RT is $797!
JALOO5-Flyer likes this.
Old Aug 1, 20, 4:04 am

Anyone seeing dates with the low fare on their 787-10? Iím only seeing it for 757-200 so far
Old Aug 1, 20, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt View Post
Anyone seeing dates with the low fare on their 787-10? Iím only seeing it for 757-200 so far
For EWR - SFO thereís a flight that leaves 4 PM, thatís serviced by the 787. And for SFO - EWR, itís the flight that departs at 9:40, I believe.
Old Aug 1, 20, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, JAL Diamond, AS MVPG 75K, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt View Post
There were plenty of 78X seats when I posted this, but it seems UA is pulling P class out. I can only find at most 3 flights with P fare class for 2021 right now, all on 757/777.
Old Aug 2, 20, 7:47 am

Programs: MH Platinum/ OW Emerald
I booked this yesterday, both on 78X. Many thanks for this post.
Old Aug 4, 20, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
What's the best way to look for 787 routes?
Old Aug 5, 20, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by frebay View Post
I just looked them up on Google Flights. Soon I recognized which flight times are 787-operated. But per above comments, those 787-fares might have been excluded from this sale by now.
Old Aug 5, 20, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA
If you use ITA Matrix, an extension code of "aircraft t:787" will display schedules only of 787 flights:

You can additionally un-check the "Only show flights and prices with available seats" box if you want to see all 787 flights, including the ones that are sold out.
reggiekush likes this.

Last edited by 1984SW; Aug 5, 20 at 12:57 pm Reason: add screen shot
Old Aug 6, 20, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by quinzinho View Post
I just looked them up on Google Flights. Soon I recognized which flight times are 787-operated. But per above comments, those 787-fares might have been excluded from this sale by now.
787s do not have P class availability so it's impossible as of now to confirm a seat on the 78X. If you are booking very far ahead, there can be a lot of uncertainties i.e. aircraft swap or schedule change, that you may be able to switch to a 78X flight. Or, if you have UA status, you can same-day change for free (non-elite $75) to a 78X flight when P class is released.
Old Yesterday, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by JALOO5-Flyer View Post
787s do not have P class availability so it's impossible as of now to confirm a seat on the 78X. If you are booking very far ahead, there can be a lot of uncertainties i.e. aircraft swap or schedule change, that you may be able to switch to a 78X flight. Or, if you have UA status, you can same-day change for free (non-elite $75) to a 78X flight when P class is released.
My booking confirmation for June 2021 is for 78X. Yes, of course that can change but surely booked it.
Old Yesterday, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by quinzinho View Post
My booking confirmation for June 2021 is for 78X. Yes, of course that can change but surely booked it.
I also did secure a 78X seat before they disappear. hope they do not get swapped

As of now, it seems United and JetBlue both increased $50, and UA released more P class seats, but none on any 78X.
Old Yesterday, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K
FWIW, it is "normal" for P class to never be released on most, if not all, 78X flights based on my occasional tracking--not far out, not close in, not even within the SDC window. There was a window of several weeks where P class was available on all 78X flights within a month or two out, but that exceptional opportunity seemed to close last weekend and now we're back to the status quo. If this persists, then the only way to get on the 78X would be to hope for a schedule change, pay for a $1,000+ Z fare, or wait for P class to be made available en masse for a short period of time again.

Bottom line is, if you want to take advantage of this deal, I'd not wait for P class to be made available on the 78X and buy whatever flight works best for you at the price. I'd put my money on this fare going away before P class on the 78X comes back.
JALOO5-Flyer likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: