Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

VS: JFK-BOM, Prem. Econ - $1280 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2020, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium

https://flights.app.goo.gl/hAkGS - wide availability in September-November. For DL Diamonds, this would accrue ~4762 MQDs (3.72 MQD ratio), ~23814 MQMs, and ~42865 RDMs. Interestingly, the prices are much higher if booked as DL stock.

Old Jul 12, 2020, 8:34 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by metalblaze
Interestingly, the prices are much higher if booked as DL stock.
That is because of how the code share works. If the ticket is purchased on Delta stock then the money is with DL and not VS. VS only gets the money when you fly the flight.
so here it either VS giving a discount to get the cash now or DL asking more in case VS goes bankrupt and there responsible to getting you to BOM.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 8:38 am

Anyone know if or how easily this is upgradable? I’m not too familiar with VS program but could transfer CC points
Old Jul 12, 2020, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
That is because of how the code share works. If the ticket is purchased on Delta stock then the money is with DL and not VS. VS only gets the money when you fly the flight.
so here it either VS giving a discount to get the cash now or DL asking more in case VS goes bankrupt and there responsible to getting you to BOM.
Yup. FWIW, I personally do hope that VS survives. Looks like they are getting a cash injection sometime soon: https://www.techradar.com/news/7-thi...h-the-ipad-pro. I, for one, have always enjoyed their product, service, and the JFK & LHR lounges!
Old Jul 12, 2020, 11:27 am

If JFK is safe then BOM is a red hot zone right now and I doubt those airport workers are vetted the same as in USA.

Last edited by Centurion; Jul 12, 2020 at 11:36 am
Old Jul 12, 2020, 12:13 pm
Suspended

It is questionable if VS will be around next few months. Also, you only have to go to the VS forum and read the issues people are having getting refunds. Normally it would be a good deal. However, avoid for the meantime. Even more so if you don't have an Amex card.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Surgee
Anyone know if or how easily this is upgradable? I’m not too familiar with VS program but could transfer CC points
upgrading is easy enough.... but

1. can only be done over the phone.
2. needs to be an upgradable fare class which, the cheapest fares rarely are. From my experience of upgrading, (LHR -HKG) it’s generally and extra £250-£300 rtn on the ticket over the cheapest ticket.

You can upgrade economy classic and delight fares which can offer good value. These (particularly the classic fare) are generally quite cheap but you will need more miles to upgrade to upper class.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Hawes7701
upgrading is easy enough.... but

1. can only be done over the phone.
2. needs to be an upgradable fare class which, the cheapest fares rarely are. From my experience of upgrading, (LHR -HKG) it’s generally and extra £250-£300 rtn on the ticket over the cheapest ticket.

You can upgrade economy classic and delight fares which can offer good value. These (particularly the classic fare) are generally quite cheap but you will need more miles to upgrade to upper class.

for those interested, the economy classic fare on those dates is $829 and miles to upgrade all 4 legs to Upper would be 126,400 plus any additional taxes.

given that virgin charges $1175 and 170,000 miles for an outright miles booking this can often make the upgrade from economy worth While - as you will still earn miles.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 2:16 pm

Yup. FWIW, I personally do hope that VS survives. Looks like they are getting a cash injection sometime soon: https://www.techradar.com/news/7-thi...h-the-ipad-pro. I, for one, have always enjoyed their product, service, and the JFK & LHR lounges!
Seems you linked the wrong article. Care to share the correct one?
Old Jul 12, 2020, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SgtRyan
It is questionable if VS will be around next few months. Also, you only have to go to the VS forum and read the issues people are having getting refunds. Normally it would be a good deal. However, avoid for the meantime. Even more so if you don't have an Amex card.
Possibly...although there is some hope for a bailout soon: https://news.sky.com/story/amp/coron...escue-12026543
Old Jul 12, 2020, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by standbyalldtime
Seems you linked the wrong article. Care to share the correct one?
My apologies....23 tabs opened simultaneously 😎

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/coron...escue-12026543
Old Jul 12, 2020, 2:24 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
VS was a darling for easy Delta MQDs pre-Covid, but I would hold on booking flights with them, also India in October might be way too optimistic for a US origin traveler... At least my opinion...
Old Jul 12, 2020, 2:35 pm

Side note: United has their non-stop EWR-BOM for $1177. Books into R Class, gives 100% to A3 and LH, 125% to AC.
Google Flights
Old Jul 14, 2020, 7:41 am

Possibly...although there is some hope for a bailout soon: https://news.sky.com/story/amp/coron...escue-12026543
Virgin Atlantic agrees £1.2bn rescue deal amid coronavirus slump
Investors pump in funds, loans and deferrals alongside Sir Richard Branson’s £200m injection to keep carrier afloat

Guardian - Rescue
Old Jul 14, 2020, 1:50 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Interestingly, the prices are much higher if booked as DL stock.
I believe the AF/KL/VS/DL joint business only covers North America to Europe itineraries, so VS and DL cannot coordinate fares on a US to India itinerary.

It seems that LH is matching; oddly it seems that JFK-FRA-DEL-BOM with a LH* codeshare on Vistara for the last segment is cheaper than JFK-FRA-BOM all on LH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.