Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TAP: 25% off new routes (CPT-GRU from $661 oneway)

Old Jun 30, 20, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

TAP is having a nice sale from some of their new destinations such as Cancun, Cape Town, Maceio and Montreal or for flights between Ponta Delgada and Toronto and Ponta Delgada and Boston. Some of these are subject to government approval and Corona related issues so buyer beware.

The campaign runs from 12:00 am, June 24th, to 11:59 pm, July 8th, 2020 (GMT +1);

Valid for TAP-operated flights only (FULL RULES HERE)

We are using a one-way fare from Cape Town to Sao Paulo with a stopover in Lisbon, so two vacations (if using miles to position). This fare books into TAP J Class which credits at 200% to a variety of carriers. This trip you would earn 20452 miles in many Star Alliance programs.

You can search for flights on Google Flights but these need to be booked on TAP's website and there you add the promo code NEWROUTE.

Hat Tip: VFW
wijibintheair, Maple Red and MaxVO like this.
Old Jun 30, 20, 6:10 am

Programs: banned from AA
I booked CPT-LIS-CNF previously via TAP website. I wonder if I can get a 25% refund hmmm.
Thanks for the tip.

Also, remember that you can do stopovers with TAP in Lisboa.
Old Jun 30, 20, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by veganryan View Post
I booked CPT-LIS-CNF previously via TAP website. I wonder if I can get a 25% refund hmmm.
Thanks for the tip.

Also, remember that you can do stopovers with TAP in Lisboa.
Yeap, I added a 2 month stopover in LIS in the sample flight.. Hard to tell if these flights will operate but they sure are tempting miles wise...
Old Jun 30, 20, 7:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Fare seems to have now gone up - still a good fare but around 100 more now for all dates I can see.
Old Jun 30, 20, 7:38 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
please be aware -> if TAP cancelled your flight, your ticket money would be most likely lost.
Old Jun 30, 20, 8:59 am

Turns out the "25% off sale" for the dates I previously booked is only 3% reduced. Bummer.
Old Jun 30, 20, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by warakorn View Post
please be aware -> if TAP cancelled your flight, your ticket money would be most likely lost.
What do you mean? Why would this fare not be treated like any other cancellation and be refunded/rebooked?
Old Jun 30, 20, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wijibintheair View Post
Fare seems to have now gone up - still a good fare but around 100 more now for all dates I can see.
Still seeing the same rate from the sample itinerary...
Old Jun 30, 20, 10:49 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Originally Posted by VFRonTop View Post
What do you mean? Why would this fare not be treated like any other cancellation and be refunded/rebooked?
Nothing to do with the fare. I believe it refers to fact that TAP doesn't refund tickets (many have had to realise that for Covid-19 cancellations)
Old Jun 30, 20, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
I'm looking at exactly those flights, it tells me the discount is applied (at the bottom) but doesn't show the line item in the price where it removes part of the fare. It's showing me $860 for those exact flights on the exact day.
Old Jun 30, 20, 11:24 am

If I change my location to South Africa and search again, then put in discount code, now it works.
That's super annoying.
Old Jun 30, 20, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
Because I didn't put in the discount code.......
Old Jul 1, 20, 12:12 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Discount code isn't working for me. I can see that the promotion says it is for flights to Cape Town. Maybe they have corrected it so that it doesn't work for flights from cape town.
Old Jul 1, 20, 1:07 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
The SA government stated that it did not expect to reopen the border to foreign tourists until February 2021 about 4 weeks ago as reported in the Telegraph and other websites. I would not book any of these flights in or out of CPT for travel dates prior to then.
Old Jul 1, 20, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by tobegold View Post
The SA government stated that it did not expect to reopen the border to foreign tourists until February 2021 about 4 weeks ago as reported in the Telegraph and other websites. I would not book any of these flights in or out of CPT for travel dates prior to then.
Yes but that was using outdated data - they the likes of the telegraph and the Evening Standard etc which said SA would not open until February have also more recently published updated articles stating that it is looking to reopen in September, which is what the whole industry in South Africa is pushing for, whether it happens or not.....fingers crossed. I am not just crossing my fingers because safari travel is my business but mostly because some of the biggest losers in this pandemic are the wildlife. With communities not earning from tourism poaching has been on the rise, and the whole safari (photographic) industry on the verge of collapse.
reggiekush likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: