Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

JL: DEL - USA return J starting from $2249

Old Jun 21, 20, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Club Vistara FFP

It’s not common to see good business class fares from India to the US, but JAL has some keenly priced J fares from Delhi starting at INR 171,363 (USD 2,249).

Widely available till May 2021. JAL Mileage Bank members will earn a total of 22,794 miles on this journey and Alaska Airlines' Mileage Plan members will earn 41,030 miles.

Though if you wish to fly to and out of different airports in the US at the same price, there are other options available.

The open-jaw itinerary above can also be booked in reverse, which means you will fly into San Francisco and depart from Los Angeles.

Here are a few more..

The first example is for a flight to Los Angeles and a return from John F. Kennedy International Airport, New York

Second example lets you fly into San Francisco and out of New York.

This last deal allows you to fly into the United States from Chicago and return from Los Angeles.

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.

Source: my blog, Take Off With Guru

Last edited by Pat89339; Jun 21, 20 at 4:36 am Reason: Violation of FlyerTalk Rule 7–You must include enough content for the post to stand on its own without following link.
Old Jun 21, 20, 9:07 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat; Hyatt Explorist; Marriott Titanium; Hertz Pres Cirlce
Looks like it's only for India to US flights. US to India is slightly higher at $2,900 from WAS
Old Jun 21, 20, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA Silver, AlaskaAir Gold, HHonors DIA, Accor Silver, Marriott Silver, IHG Plat, TK/UA/AA
This is about US$400 less than it was pre-Covid. Often there is a long layover in Tokyo, and at least pre-Covid you could also do a stopover there!
Old Jun 25, 20, 6:11 am

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Last year I did o/w DEL-KUL-NRT/HND-JFK, with stops in both KUL & TYO. Flights on .MH/JL. Possible to do r/t for double the o/w price. IIRC. it was considerably cheaper, but on the phone now, will return later with numbers.

Just like above , this also ticketed i D, and contributed substantially in my EQM & EQD accounts.

Last edited by onobond; Jun 25, 20 at 6:20 am
Old Jun 25, 20, 8:05 am

Programs: NH AMC, EY Guest Silver,MPC GO
Originally Posted by onobond View Post
Last year I did o/w DEL-KUL-NRT/HND-JFK, with stops in both KUL & TYO. Flights on .MH/JL. Possible to do r/t for double the o/w price. IIRC. it was considerably cheaper, but on the phone now, will return later with numbers.

Just like above , this also ticketed i D, and contributed substantially in my EQM & EQD accounts.
via KUL sounds even more interesting
Old Jun 25, 20, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA Silver, AlaskaAir Gold, HHonors DIA, Accor Silver, Marriott Silver, IHG Plat, TK/UA/AA

Hey thanks, can you please post the details?
I'm interested!
reggiekush likes this.
Old Jun 25, 20, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP IHG Spire Jet Blue Mosaic Marriott Gold Hilton Diamond
Del-kul-nrt-usa

This fare was published by Malaysia. It seems to be pulled sometime last year.
The JAL fare in this thread is also good in PE - $845 OW for DEL - NRT - ORD/DFW- East Coast. ~$2100 EQD on AA.
Old Jun 26, 20, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by kyushuman View Post
This is about US$400 less than it was pre-Covid. Often there is a long layover in Tokyo, and at least pre-Covid you could also do a stopover there!
It's lower because the INR is much weaker than before. It lost about 20% of its value to USD since COVID-19 and the lockdown.
Old Jun 26, 20, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by worldtraveler303 View Post
This fare was published by Malaysia. It seems to be pulled sometime last year.
The JAL fare in this thread is also good in PE - $845 OW for DEL - NRT - ORD/DFW- East Coast. ~$2100 EQD on AA.
Oh yes I had known about that fare, I thought it was back!
Old Jun 27, 20, 3:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
Thie west coast D fare allows routing DEL-HND-JFK-LAX for same price as DEL-HND-LAX = for those after points and miles
Old Jun 27, 20, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 View Post
Thie west coast D fare allows routing DEL-HND-JFK-LAX for same price as DEL-HND-LAX = for those after points and miles
Missing the legendary ALG-JFK, allowing not only unlimited stopovers, but also two extra transcons making the journey ALG-MAD-LHR-LAX-JFK r/t. Total price around $1350.But your find of adding a transcon to this fare is certainly highly interesting. I assume it's possible in both directions?

The interest for favorable transcon prices is increasing. Rumour has it they were even commented on TV. Must have been on Nat GEO Wild ?

EDIT: tried a search for DEL-TYO-JFK-LAX r/t. Works out fine for $2321. Thanks again!

EDIT 2: My bad proof-reading on the ALG fare. transcons missing. Corrected above. Sorry for confusion caused.

Last edited by onobond; Jun 28, 20 at 1:57 am
Old Jun 27, 20, 8:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Missing the legendary ALG-JFK, allowing not only unlimited stopovers, but also two extra transcons making the journey ALG-MAD-LHR-LAX r/t. Total price around $1350.But your find of adding a transcon to this fare is certainly highly interesting. I assume it's possible in both directions?

The interest for favorable transcon prices is increasing. Rumour has it they were even commented on TV. Must have been on Nat GEO Wild ?

EDIT: tried a search for DEL-TYO-JFK-LAX r/t. Works out fine for $2321. Thanks again!
Always happy to help Amigo
Old Jun 28, 20, 2:00 am

Just found a deleted segment on the ALG fare, two posts back. Post edited, but as fare no longer exists, my guess no serious harm caused.
Old Jun 28, 20, 6:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Just found a deleted segment on the ALG fare, two posts back. Post edited, but as fare no longer exists, my guess no serious harm caused.
Indeed, I loved the fare but after my Morrocan and Egyptian escapades, ALG is one of those places I will NEVER originate from. CAI is just about the borderline, because of Visa on Arrival.
Old Jun 29, 20, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 View Post
Indeed, I loved the fare but after my Morrocan and Egyptian escapades, ALG is one of those places I will NEVER originate from. CAI is just about the borderline, because of Visa on Arrival.
The hassle of Visa to make stopovers in ALG seemed to complicated and unnecessary. On all my three ALG escapades i managed to do TWOV both ways. The immigration guys were as surprised all the times, but it worked fine. Actually, when I did the first one I even brought an email from the Algerian Consulate General, confirming no visa needed if having a reservation out of ALG the same day.

That document didn't get much attention neither at Air Algerie check-in at ORY, nor with immi guys at ALG. I guess this is an airport with few INT/INT transfers on two separate PNRs, explaining the unfamilarity of procedures.

Now, to get back OT, DEL does have some transfers of the type described above, but every time I've done it, I get the impression that it's an unusual and strange thing. Can be very time consuming, and the transfer area where you wait to be cleared, is certainly less inviting (in rather diplomatic terms )

Last edited by onobond; Jun 29, 20 at 4:10 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: