Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

GLA-MEX LH P Class £1513

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GLA-MEX LH P Class £1513

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2020, 9:23 am
Original Poster

GLA-MEX LH P Class £1513

I am heading out to Mexico City next Spring (hopefully!!!????!!!!) and have been monitoring convenient and cost effective tickets. I was looking at leaving from Dublin which was the nearest cheap accessible airport but would have involved an additional flight. LH have now come up with a great price that gives great times (ex GLA 0605 arr MEX 17.30 and ex MEX 20.50 arr GLA 22.45). Now booked. Great price which saves additional flights and baggage fees and allows unlike BA free immediate reservation of seats upstairs on the LH B747-8. There are three of us going so the seat booking saving is significant compared to what I would have to pay with BA.

Example here:
https://flights.app.goo.gl/NTypC
Old Jun 18, 2020, 10:59 am

In the the last few days there have been reasonable ex-UK (LON, EDI, GLA) to North America fares.

e.g.
LHR-DTW £1356
EDI-YVR £1390

These would be good fares pre-Covid considering they, are ex-UK but I am still uncertain what constitutes a good/ great fare today.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Cheaper than 2008

I last did this trip ex EDI to MEX in spring 2008 with LH. I looked back at what I thought was a great price then. My son who was with me was only 11 so I got 1/3 off his fare. The total price for both of us was £3200 so it would have been about £3600 without the child friendly discount.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 5:21 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
These are a good price. Not exceptional but on the lowest end of the regular fares.

And I'm surprised that as a Glaswegian you are still even considering travelling with BA. With their ryanair charge for J pax and the extra charge for all non-LON flights, it's no surprise that KLM is the UK's number one airline...
Old Jun 19, 2020, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
These are a good price. Not exceptional but on the lowest end of the regular fares.

And I'm surprised that as a Glaswegian you are still even considering travelling with BA. With their ryanair charge for J pax and the extra charge for all non-LON flights, it's no surprise that KLM is the UK's number one airline...
It's undoubtedly a good fare - especially as it is widely available in terms if dates. UK Mexico is one of my routes, and it's an expensive one. From Manchester it's normally hard to find below £2000. I occasionally resort to starting the trip in Dublin to save a three or four hundred quid, or more.

KL is routinely around £3K from MAN, dropping on odd dates to the £2K to £2.5K region.

I have a MAN MEX 7 day trip with BA in January for £1650. BA fares are all over the place (tied to dates and trip length), usually high, with regional fares (GLA, MAN etc) around £40 more expensive than LHR. I dislike BA business-class, but for the January trip the combination of convenience and price are compelling - plus the Tier Points come in handy

Lufthansa can be competitive in terms of fares, but for the dates I booked both LH and KL are around £3K.

Not sure what the "Ryanair charge" is, but guess it could be seat reservation fees. The solution is to join BAEC. If you live in UK and travel more or less frequently, status isn't difficult to get.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

BA Status

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
It's undoubtedly a good fare - especially as it is widely available in terms if dates. UK Mexico is one of my routes, and it's an expensive one. From Manchester it's normally hard to find below £2000. I occasionally resort to starting the trip in Dublin to save a three or four hundred quid, or more.

KL is routinely around £3K from MAN, dropping on odd dates to the £2K to £2.5K region.

I have a MAN MEX 7 day trip with BA in January for £1650. BA fares are all over the place (tied to dates and trip length), usually high, with regional fares (GLA, MAN etc) around £40 more expensive than LHR. I dislike BA business-class, but for the January trip the combination of convenience and price are compelling - plus the Tier Points come in handy

Lufthansa can be competitive in terms of fares, but for the dates I booked both LH and KL are around £3K.

Not sure what the "Ryanair charge" is, but guess it could be seat reservation fees. The solution is to join BAEC. If you live in UK and travel more or less frequently, status isn't difficult to get.
I have status with BA but it varies year on year between bronze and silver. When you are silver it’s great. When you are bronze you still have to wait until 7 days before to reserve seats or pay dearly. That’s why this fare with Lufthansa works. I’m flying with family and we got the chance to book seats immediately without charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.