Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

UL: MAA to CMN return J starting $1,104 (featuring B787 'Falcon Gold')

Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:15 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Club Vistara FFP

Today's deal is from Chennai to Casablanca with SriLankan. Longest legs of this journey are operated by Gulf air on their Boeing 787 'Falcon Gold' seats.

For the travel between September and December 2020, you can find this fare widely available at a price of INR 99,762 (USD 1,313).

Between January and March 2021, this fare can be booked for INR 88,900 (USD 1,170).

The best fare for this journey is available for travel in April 2021 at a price of INR 83,900 (USD 1,104).

As part of their codeshare agreement, SriLankan Airlines places its ‘UL’ code on Gulf Air’s flights from Bahrain to Casablanca. Oneworld members can earn miles on all sectors of this journey, which is sold by SriLankan Airlines.

For more info regarding this fare, head over to my blog. Link below.

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.

Source: my blog, Take Off With Guru
tiamsanit likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:28 am

I was going to post this on your blog site itself but my gosh, you can't even comment there without going through a whole registration process. That's a bit annoying...

While I was looking around, your content interests me, BUT... How do I sign up to get your content pushed to me daily/weekly ? Maybe I'm just missing it, but I can't for the life of me find a "sign up for our daily newsletter" type of link.

Good content, poorly designed and thought out execution. Still... I'd like to sign up if it's possible.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:42 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Club Vistara FFP
Originally Posted by Boston Elite
I was going to post this on your blog site itself but my gosh, you can't even comment there without going through a whole registration process. That's a bit annoying...

While I was looking around, your content interests me, BUT... How do I sign up to get your content pushed to me daily/weekly ? Maybe I'm just missing it, but I can't for the life of me find a "sign up for our daily newsletter" type of link.

Good content, poorly designed and thought out execution. Still... I'd like to sign up if it's possible.
Thanks so much for your kind words about our content. Actually we have only been going a couple of months so we cant yet offer what youve asked for, though we are working on it.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 12:29 pm

Grest fare however the Gulf operated sectors may not credit to most FF programs apart from Sri Lankan and Gulf themselves, maybe a few others perhaps if the FF cooperates with both airlines. British Airways specifically notes that Oneworld marketed flights operated by non-Oneworld airlines wont credit
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Harko
Grest fare however the Gulf operated sectors may not credit to most FF programs apart from Sri Lankan and Gulf themselves, maybe a few others perhaps if the FF cooperates with both airlines. British Airways specifically notes that Oneworld marketed flights operated by non-Oneworld airlines wont credit
is this the case even if the Gulf flights carry a UL flight number (as they do in this case)?
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by king1983
is this the case even if the Gulf flights carry a UL flight number (as they do in this case)?
BA is probably the only Airline that makes it crystal clear as per the table attached

. For example Cathay states that mileage credit is for Sri Lankan flights marketed and operated by Sri Lankan. Although Cathay FF also partner with Gulf, it is not clear if the flights marketed by other airlines would be eligible. It says some flights or fares are not eligible incl. certain codeshares.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 4:05 pm

BA is probably the only Airline that makes it crystal clear as per the table attached

. For example Cathay states that mileage credit is for Sri Lankan flights marketed and operated by Sri Lankan. Although Cathay FF also partner with Gulf, it is not clear if the flights marketed by other airlines would be eligible. It says some flights or fares are not eligible incl. certain codeshares.
thanks for the info!
Old Jun 17, 2020, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Despite the crediting problem, this fare is still tempting, to try out the 'Gold Falcon'
Old Jun 17, 2020, 5:29 pm

Programs: QF WP
Grest fare however the Gulf operated sectors may not credit to most FF programs apart from Sri Lankan and Gulf themselves, maybe a few others perhaps if the FF cooperates with both airlines. British Airways specifically notes that Oneworld marketed flights operated by non-Oneworld airlines won‘t credit
Qantas also makes it clear that UL marketed flights operated by a non-oneworld airline do not earn points or status credits.

Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:58 am

Programs: Marriot Platinum, Finnair Platinum
Finnair also does not credit these to their Finnair Plus program:
"3.10 Points are also granted for the flights of any partner airlines provided that the carrier code of the partner appears on the ticket as CARRIER and the flight is made on an aircraft of the partner. Points collected from partners do not count toward different Finnair Plus tiers, unless stated otherwise"
Old Jun 20, 2020, 11:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
I do not believe this would be very useful for crediting to AA either.

Nice fare if it were connecting to AT and not GF. Since it's a UL fare, has anyone found a way to use it to connect to AT instead?
Old Jun 20, 2020, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by onobond
Despite the crediting problem, this fare is still tempting, to try out the 'Gold Falcon'
unfortunately this fare is only for UL flights operated by Gulf

Old Jun 20, 2020, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
unfortunately this fare is only for UL flights operated by Gulf
Yes, but the BAH-CMN segment is on Gulf metal (UL code share) on the 787-9 with two class configuration, Economy and Falcon Gold, with an intriguing cabin lay-out of the latter.

https://seatguru.com/airlines/Gulf_A...eing_787-9.php
https://www.gulfair.com/on-board/boeing-dreamliner-787
Old Jun 23, 2020, 5:21 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Flown Falcon Gold a few times on GF 787s. It is a nice product and is basically the same as WY (Oman Air) and JL's J class. Finishing touches are very nice on GF. Last year did LON-BKK for 1100 rt and LON-MNL for 950 return. They occasionally have good fares from UK to Asia so if you are interested in the product it may be worth waiting for those to come along, alternatively look out for some deals on WY. I flew CDG-BKK 4x with WY J for 900 -1200 during their special sales in the last 18 months. I am a big fan of WY J!
Old Jun 30, 2020, 10:28 am

Programs: Aer Club Silver | BAEC Bronze | ALL Bronze | Sixt Platinum
Can also start in Bangalore (BLR) for around the same price. Unfortunately no A330s on the short hop to CMB.
​​
I'm assuming if your credit the miles to Sri Lankan, you'd get miles for the Gulf air flight?

You'd be within reach of getting Ruby OW status too?

Tempted to book this for April.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.