Qr: Lhr-sin 1830

Old Jun 1, 2020, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Qr: Lhr-sin 1830

seems to be cheaper then an ex-Europe flight maybe not a crazy deal but its certainly nice to see some decent fares ex LHR
plus you can also mix and match and fly with BA
https://flights.app.goo.gl/H3i7d
Old Jun 1, 2020, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Palty
seems to be cheaper then an ex-Europe flight maybe not a crazy deal but its certainly nice to see some decent fares ex LHR
Book separate Y ticket/fare LHR-OSL return and buy QR biz fare OSL-SIN for 1,294 return. Sample Jan 24-30
blackdog047 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 4:41 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by Palty
why would you do that? BA is offering a cheese sandwich and a small Kit Kat for business class passengers. Qatar still offers a proper Business class meal and also the lounge in Doha is open. Not to mention the hard product.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by ermis177
why would you do that? BA is offering a cheese sandwich and a small Kit Kat for business class passengers. Qatar still offers a proper Business class meal and also the lounge in Doha is open. Not to mention the hard product.
Probably because the state of things today are unlikely to be the state of things, say in November
palmanfr likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 7:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kilo
Probably because the state of things today are unlikely to be the state of things, say in November
Regardless, I don't understand why anyone would take BA's product over Qatar's. Each to their own I guess.

This is a really good deal. If one was to book this, could they still change the flight to a different airport as part of that 5000 distance change deal?
ermis177 and zsc like this.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Regardless, I don't understand why anyone would take BA's product over Qatar's. Each to their own I guess.

This is a really good deal. If one was to book this, could they still change the flight to a different airport as part of that 5000 distance change deal?
only if flights to the changed destination are still available in the same booking class.

you also have to complete travel by 31 Dec 2020.

And theres a 14 day cooling off period after making the booking before you can then make changes to destination or origin.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 12:41 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Some people view changing as hassle and would rather just fly direct, its fairly simple.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by kilo
hope youre right on this, although never underestimate the possibility of companies using the excuse of social distancing/elf n safety in Saving money and conveniently cutting corners.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Some people view changing as hassle and would rather just fly direct, it’s fairly simple.
Don't disagree if fare difference was not significant, however it's 536 more from LHR vs OSL (1830 vs 1294). One can book LHR-OSL on BA Y for 71 r/t, not bad for a 2hr 15min flight.

Edit: If one absolutely needs to fly out of LHR then LX/LH also has LHR-SIN for 1795.

Last edited by mileageking; Jun 2, 2020 at 10:02 pm Reason: LH/LX fare added
Old Jun 3, 2020, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
With four long(ish) haul flights, the suggestion was simply that LHR DOH and/or DOH LHR could be on BA rather than QR. That will be attractive to some.

I find it an attractive proposition: no great fan of BA, but i'd enjoy breaking up a long journey with some variety. Possible other reasons:
  • Not everyone is obsessed with food and meal services on night flights, especially for two consecutive flights with Doha lounge between them
  • There are more Avios awarded on a BA service
  • 4 BA metal flights are required for BAEC status
  • Schedules
  • Some people really do prefer BA
Old Jun 3, 2020, 2:11 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
With four long(ish) haul flights, the suggestion was simply that LHR DOH and/or DOH LHR could be on BA rather than QR. That will be attractive to some.

I find it an attractive proposition: no great fan of BA, but i'd enjoy breaking up a long journey with some variety. Possible other reasons:
  • Not everyone is obsessed with food and meal services on night flights, especially for two consecutive flights with Doha lounge between them
  • There are more Avios awarded on a BA service
  • 4 BA metal flights are required for BAEC status
  • Schedules
  • Some people really do prefer BA
First of all it is not about obsession. We are talking for a far superior product. We are comparing one of the best J products at the moment world wide with one of the most woefully outdated. Not to mention that none knows for how long this situation with the 'homeless charity food bag' and the closed lounges will last. BA team was the first to 'protect' us by removing all kind of service for our safety and on the same time informing us that they will not keep any kind of social distansing mesaures when it comes to passengers ( no middle seat blocked) as this is not necessary...

Now, of course if you are obsessed with Avios ,which in many cases are worthless or you are a BA fanboy ( i know you are not, but i hope you do not mind using the term ) then you will go with BA. Agree that direct fligts is one of the very few reasons you will use BA too.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

First of all it is not about obsession. We are talking for a far superior product. We are comparing one of the best J products at the moment world wide with one of the most woefully outdated. Not to mention that none knows for how long this situation with the 'homeless charity food bag' and the closed lounges will last. BA team was the first to 'protect' us by removing all kind of service for our safety and on the same time informing us that they will not keep any kind of social distansing mesaures when it comes to passengers ( no middle seat blocked) as this is not necessary...

Now, of course if you are obsessed with Avios ,which in many cases are worthless or you are a BA fanboy ( i know you are not, but i hope you do not mind using the term ) then you will go with BA. Agree that direct fligts is one of the very few reasons you will use BA too.
No, not a fanboy at all, though i do find Avios very useful. If you don't live in the UK, or maybe Spain, they're probably not such an attractive currency: but for short-haul trips out of the UK they can offer extremely good value.

At the end of the day though, BA's just another airline. Although I have preferences in choice of carrier, many vague, some illogical, these are always overruled by schedule, fare and Alliance (so that'll be AF, DL, KL etc out of the picture - though, weirdly, Oman is still in there).

In spite of holding those preferences, I find it difficult to understand high passion, positive or negative, for an airline - especially where this brings in the use of hyperbole in descriptions of the carrier.

1830 seems a bit high for Singapore. I'd certainly look for something better: sticking with QR, journeys staring at Scandi airports usually out-trump UK departures, even afer adding in positioning costs (and risks).
Old Jun 3, 2020, 8:10 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
While the QR experience is usually better than BA (and certainly during those times), finding availability in R class departing Scandinavia for some months in 2020 appears to be very challenging. I am looking to go on vacation somewhere in south east asia this fall and cannot find a single seat in R class from OSL or ARN for the entire October... So at the end, you still end up with prices exceeding 2000 Euros RT departing scandinavia
Old Jun 3, 2020, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by palmanfr
While the QR experience is usually better than BA (and certainly during those times), finding availability in R class departing Scandinavia for some months in 2020 appears to be very challenging. I am looking to go on vacation somewhere in south east asia this fall and cannot find a single seat in R class from OSL or ARN for the entire October... So at the end, you still end up with prices exceeding 2000 Euros RT departing scandinavia
Dunno if *A flights help, but LOT has Singapore out of Stockholm for not much over 1000 until end of the year.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Dunno if *A flights help, but LOT has Singapore out of Stockholm for not much over 1000 until end of the year.
Also available ARN-VIE-BKK-SIN on OS/SQ for 1154 return. Sample Oct 17-28 on GF.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.