Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR: JFK - TBS (Tbilisi, Georgia) J $20xx

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR: JFK - TBS (Tbilisi, Georgia) J $20xx

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2020, 9:23 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by tfizzle
So does mean that If I buy the JFK-TBS fare, after 14 days I could switch to LAX-BKK as long as there was open seating? THis seems like too good to be true!
Sorry to burst your bubble, but no. There needs to be the same “fare bucket”. But otherwise, yes it’s still very generous.
Old May 21, 2020, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HA PL, Hilton 💎, Marriott Ti, Wyndham/Caesars 💎, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Sorry to burst your bubble, but no. There needs to be the same “fare bucket”. But otherwise, yes it’s still very generous.
Is ExpertFlyer still the best way to gauge this? Are there fares that we should look out for that are most likely to be available ("I" versus "R")?
Old May 21, 2020, 5:17 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by ajf87
Is ExpertFlyer still the best way to gauge this? Are there fares that we should look out for that are most likely to be available ("I" versus "R")?
Yes. I and R availability is usually about the same. Anything higher and you start to run into the fact that R and I fare to your destination of choose become cheaper.
ajf87 likes this.
Old May 21, 2020, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
Yes. I and R availability is usually about the same. Anything higher and you start to run into the fact that R and I fare to your destination of choose become cheaper.
What are the chances you get hosed and the fare codes for the flight you really want is no longer available by the time the 14 days are up? Obviously we should be looking to rebook when there is generous I/R availability, but how much risk is there generally with Qatar yanking availability?
raporot likes this.
Old May 21, 2020, 5:29 pm

Exclamation

What are the chances you get hosed and the fare codes for the flight you really want is no longer available by the time the 14 days are up? Obviously we should be looking to rebook when there is generous I/R availability, but how much risk is there generally with Qatar yanking availability?
i think its not predictable these days...we will see...after august...
ajf87 likes this.
Old May 21, 2020, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by raporot
i think its not predictable these days...we will see...after august...
Yeah I'm holding off but plan on being flexible with my final destination - I'll be happy to get cheap QR business class to BKK, SIN, anywhere in Australia, etc., then use my points for QF/SQ once I'm there.
Old May 21, 2020, 6:56 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
That is anyone guess. I got to change my trip under the more generous policy to dates I like so I am good.
More broadly speaking I think they will keep the I/R availability open as those fare buckets have blackout dates and are available when the planes are empty. I got to change my flight to ARN-DOH-SYD leaving on the 16th of December under the changed policy I wouldn't be able to as I/R is zeroed out between 6th of December till the 22nd of December. My fligth got rebooked into C (which doesn't make a difference for points as I am crediting to BA)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.