Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR: ORD-DEL biz $2575

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2020, 9:43 am
Original Poster

QR: ORD-DEL biz $2575

Looks like you need to travel Sun-Wed, but it's wide open on those days of the week. With Qatar's new generous change policy, you can change the destination within 5000 miles at no cost, so you could go to Tokyo, Bali, Maldives, (you fill in the blank) for this price. You should still earn miles based on the new itinerary.
Old May 14, 2020, 10:02 am

Or book New York to Kiev for 1660USD
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old May 14, 2020, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by styleflyer
No one seems to mention paying the fare difference.
Old May 14, 2020, 10:16 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
Originally Posted by fly2dine
Looks like you need to travel Sun-Wed, but it's wide open on those days of the week. With Qatar's new generous change policy, you can change the destination within 5000 miles at no cost, so you could go to Tokyo, Bali, Maldives, (you fill in the blank) for this price. You should still earn miles based on the new itinerary.
what about the fare difference though ?
Old May 14, 2020, 10:31 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by NJSwamplands
No one seems to mention paying the fare difference.
I thought they weren't charging a fare difference?
I bought a Montreal to Cape Town J mileage run back in January. Too bad SE Asia is more than 5000 miles from cape town.
Old May 14, 2020, 10:41 am

Programs: banned from AA
For those asking, their new policy is to not charge the fare difference if you change dates or cities within 5000 miles of the original destination, starting city must be same country as original. Can cancel and get 110% of your booking as voucher for the future.
Old May 14, 2020, 10:45 am

Programs: DL plat
The theory of this does not square with reality and I'd advise a huge amount of caution in doing this. Read the comments for wherever you first saw this idea. Also, this is a pretty obnoxious thing to post, and that's coming from someone quite familiar with the trick-it thread, which, if anything, is where this belongs.
englisha likes this.
Old May 14, 2020, 10:46 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by veganryan
For those asking, their new policy is to not charge the fare difference if you change dates or cities within 5000 miles of the original destination, starting city must be same country as original. Can cancel and get 110% of your booking as voucher for the future.
If that is the case then there are some funky ticket you can make up that would be much cheaper then they should. You could buy a cheap ticket to BKK and change it for SYD as it is only 4600 miles away and has QR flight
Old May 14, 2020, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by styleflyer
True, but that would not get you to any of the Asian destinations I listed...
Old May 14, 2020, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
If that is the case then there are some funky ticket you can make up that would be much cheaper then they should. You could buy a cheap ticket to BKK and change it for SYD as it is only 4600 miles away and has QR flight
From what I understand, this is possible.
Old May 14, 2020, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by 15cats
The theory of this does not square with reality and I'd advise a huge amount of caution in doing this. Read the comments for wherever you first saw this idea. Also, this is a pretty obnoxious thing to post, and that's coming from someone quite familiar with the trick-it thread, which, if anything, is where this belongs.
The blogger who posted about this amended the article with a document he found. The rules are pretty clear cut. The question is how long before they shut it down.
Old May 14, 2020, 11:07 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Any first hand accounts of success making a change?

I'm sure someone has already attempted to do so

Last edited by FlyingFrZ; May 14, 2020 at 11:18 am
Old May 14, 2020, 11:18 am

True, but that would not get you to any of the Asian destinations I listed...
Maldives is under 5000miles. And Bangkok or Hong Kong for example as well.
Old May 14, 2020, 11:21 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
So they wave the fare difference in the case of one of the flight you are flying get cancelled if that isn't the case the only wave the fee for reboking.
I am wrong I just checked the document and it says that yeah they shouldn't collect the fare diffrence
After making an actual dummy booking. My first statement is indeed correct. As the flight is still operational. I am not entitled to a change of destination or even a free change. Just trying to rebook the same route couple of months later would involve a 400 USD change on a 1700 USD ticket. ARN-BKK

Last edited by NextWhiteDeath; May 14, 2020 at 11:58 am Reason: added new infomation
Old May 14, 2020, 11:31 am

Programs: DL plat
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
So they wave the fare difference in the case of one of the flight you are flying get cancelled if that isn't the case the only wave the fee for reboking.
This makes sense. If you book Paris-India and they cancel the DOH-DEL flight, they'll let you rebook to TYO, BKK, CAI, <5000 miles etc. without a fare difference. But only if they cancel the flight.. if you initiate the change, they'll waive the change fee but you are responsible for the fare difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.