Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] DL: MIA-IPC in Business $1,360

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] DL: MIA-IPC in Business $1,360

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2020, 7:21 am

I see all flights here have jumped to $2k+
Old Dec 7, 2020, 4:49 pm

Programs: Delta DM HH Diamond
The trip that never was.....got cancelation notice for my January itinerary today...

such an incredible fare,

oh well, we’ll get em next time
Old Dec 8, 2020, 2:31 am

Programs: LATAM Black
IPC is closed until further notice, probably April/May at the very earliest, and could be even later. Local authorities don't want to reopen until the whole island population is vaccinated, since the local hospital would be unable to deal with widespread cases. Economics may force them to reconsider but we'll see. At the moment there are 1 or 2 cargo flights to the island per week, and just 1 passenger flight for residents every 3 months or so, with strict quarantines enforced!
kyushuman likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Rhinolicious
The trip that never was.....got cancelation notice for my January itinerary today...

such an incredible fare,

oh well, we’ll get em next time
Agreed.

I think I got an email from LATAM of its route cancellation to/from IPC months ago. I wonder why it took Delta this long to take actions on these tickets.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA Gld; DL Plat; UA Gld;Bonvoy Titanium4Life; Hyatt Silver;
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Agreed.

I wonder why it took Delta this long to take actions on these tickets.
'Cause Delta needed to hang on to the money for as long as they could!
Old Jan 13, 2021, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by FNZFUND
'Cause Delta needed to hang on to the money for as long as they could!
My refund was further delayed due to combination of cash + voucher payment sources. Delta CSR informed me the refund required manual processing, so I waited a few additional weeks. Recently, my credit card finally reflected the cash portion of the fare payment.
kyushuman likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 8:17 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
More than a refund, a trip to IPC would make everyone feel better Hope we see IPC open up again later in 2021.
After being there in 2019, flying for 5 hours over water without a single island in between, it's clearly a must to keep Covid numbers low in Easter Island, since there is likely only one small hospital. The population is around 8,000.
That said, so many people depend on tourism so I sure hope Chile (much less my idiotic government as well) can get better control of Covid and things can open in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.