Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

UL/ QF Colombo - Perth, 1,069 j rt

Old Apr 20, 20, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Similar to the regularly available India-Australia fares, there are also some nice prices from Sri Lanka to Australia, especially Colombo-Perth.

Prices from around 1,000 or equivalent, with flights operated by SriLankan and Qantas. If you can accept long connections, you can travel with Airbus A330 aircraft on all legs (short connections also available, if you can tolerate an A320 between Colombo and Singapore)

Bookable until March. Earns 360 BA tier points.

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.

Source: my blog Take Off With Guru
Old Apr 20, 20, 6:39 pm
wcc

Does UL coded QF flight earn any SC for QFF?
Old Apr 21, 20, 7:52 am

Anyone able to route Perth through SYD for same price (CMB-SIN-SYD-PER-SYD-SIN-CMB)? I tried on GF with no luck.
Old Apr 21, 20, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by wcc View Post
Does UL coded QF flight earn any SC for QFF?
yes, oneworld airline. And good SC earner, better than the horrible earn rates for Malaysian flights to Australia.
QF often has a similar fare, usually there is no extra charges for stopping in Singapore.
wcc likes this.
Old Apr 22, 20, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by mileageking View Post
Anyone able to route Perth through SYD for same price (CMB-SIN-SYD-PER-SYD-SIN-CMB)? I tried on GF with no luck.

oh boy, you think this is MH? Lol...
mileageking likes this.
Old Apr 23, 20, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by HypnoticSpecter View Post
oh boy, you think this is MH? Lol...
It used to be possible, not its associated with a HIP point calculation of the fare.
Old Apr 23, 20, 9:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by lowjhg View Post
It used to be possible, not its associated with a HIP point calculation of the fare.
There is no HIP - the fare is not mileage based but has a specific routing of CMB-SIN-PER - a stopover is permitted at USD40 in Singapore
Old Apr 25, 20, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
There is no HIP - the fare is not mileage based but has a specific routing of CMB-SIN-PER - a stopover is permitted at USD40 in Singapore
What I'm elucidating was the CMB-SIN-MEL-PER routing that was possible in earlier days like the photo as attached.

This routing was possible back in 2014 even with the direct service QF71/72 online. Now if you search CMB-PER on QF, it routes you on the shorter sector CMB-SIN-PER and if you select 2 stops, the system will price out a more expensive fare. Around approximately $600 more expensive.

mileageking likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: