Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TP: LON-NYC from 950GBP /rt; 550GBP /ow

Old Apr 12, 20, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter

Nothing too great these days but another very decent TP fare from London to New York via Lisbon/Porto:

A321neo from LGW possible for lie-flats all the way. Could only find long connections on the outbound but maybe someone else has more luck..

LGW-EWR return example
LGW-EWR oneway example (anyone managing <24h in LIS?)

Books into J for 200% on many programs
Old Apr 12, 20, 3:29 pm

Programs: M&M
[QUOTE=nilsrtw;32287496](anyone managing <24h in LIS?)/QUOTE]
If you do <24hrs you'll have to pay the longhaul UK APD which is ~$250 more.
Old Apr 12, 20, 3:36 pm

A couple of words of warning given all the variables currently in scheduling international travel. One, out of dozen recent cancellations with airlines I have done for myself and family members TAP has been by far the most painful I have had to deal with. They are more or less point blank refusing to refund most folks back to original payment even when required (even folks who requested cash refunds via the website before that option was killed are getting vouchers in some instances). Two, they appear to apply their cancel fee by "fare component" on these J fares which appears to mean that you have to pay the cancellation fee for each flight segment. E.g, a one way LON>LIS>EWR would result in paying 2x the cancellation fee (I presume it would be 4x for a round-trip but not sure as my tickets are one-way) . If you are confident you are going to be able to fly it then no worries otherwise thing hard and make sure the credit card charge-back laws in your neck of the woods will cover you.
Old Apr 12, 20, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
[QUOTE=FrankTalk;32287549]
Originally Posted by nilsrtw View Post
(anyone managing <24h in LIS?)/QUOTE]
If you do <24hrs you'll have to pay the longhaul UK APD which is ~$250 more.
Ah yes of course. Thanks! Also some potential to save more on the rt then

Last edited by nilsrtw; Apr 12, 20 at 4:55 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: