Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] WY: DXB/NBO/CAI/ZNZ - AKL US$540++ one-way (Biz)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] WY: DXB/NBO/CAI/ZNZ - AKL US$540++ one-way (Biz)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2020, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
I highly doubt that they will allow reissuing tickets to new dates using historic fares (especially error fares). "yes, you can rebook for free, but the current price for an R-class oneway ticket is 2000CHF.you need to pay the fare difference".
The ticket rules do state that rebooking would be at the fare the ticket was issued at. If they say its a error fare then I guess they should offer a refund.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
The ticket rules do state that rebooking would be at the fare the ticket was issued at. If they say its a error fare then I guess they should offer a refund.
Reading through LELOCH21 fare rules on ITA Matrix I found this in Category 31 (Voluntary Changes):

FOR TICKETING ON/BEFORE 31MAY 20/FOR TRAVEL ON/BEFORE
31OCT 20
ANYTIME WITHIN TKT VALIDITY
CERTAIN DOMESTIC REISSUE PROVISIONS MAY BE OVERRIDDEN
BY THOSE OF WY INTERNATIONAL FARES
2 CHANGES PERMITTED - NO CHARGE OR HIGHEST FEE OF ALL
CHANGED FARE COMPONENTS AND
REPRICE
A. BEFORE JOURNEY DEPARTURE USE FARES IN EFFECT
TODAY

B. AFTER JOURNEY DEPARTURE USE HISTORICAL FARES
BASED ON TRAVEL COMMENCEMENT
PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET-
1. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL
MUST BE DOMESTIC
2. FULLY FLOWN FARE NOT REPRICED TO FURTHER POINT
3. CHANGE IS BEFORE ORIGINAL SCHEDULED FLIGHT
4. WY FARES ARE USED
5. NEW TKT HAS EQUAL OR HIGHER VALUE THAN PREVIOUS
TKT
6. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM NEW TKT ISSUE DATE IF
TRAVEL ON OUTBOUND FARE COMPONENT OF PRICING UNIT
CHANGED/OTHERWISE FROM PREVIOUS ISSUE DATE TO
DEPARTURE OF FARE COMPONENT
WHEN CHANGE RESULTS IN LOWER FARE IGNORE RESIDUAL THEN
ADD-COLLECT
ENDORSEMENT BOX- HIGHER NON-REF AMT AND NEW
ENDORSEMENTS.
Does this not mean that any changes before departure will make a fare difference payable? Never delved into one of these before so apologies if I've misunderstood.

This section under Category 16 (Penalties) confirms the change fee waiver:

COMMERCIAL PROCEDURE ON WAIVERS FOR COVID-19
2 DATE CHANGE FREE ALLOWED FOR BELOW PERIOD -
SALES PERIOD TILL 31MAY 2020
TRAVEL PERIOD TILL 31OCT 2020
Thank you OP for the deal, booked for mid September and will be keeping everything crossed for the next few months for all of us that have booked!
Old Apr 13, 2020, 11:03 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
please quote that specific section in the fare rules. I can't find it.

Originally Posted by turbofanblade
Reading through LELOCH21 fare rules on ITA Matrix I found this in Category 31 (Voluntary Changes):

Does this not mean that any changes before departure will make a fare difference payable? Never delved into one of these before so apologies if I've misunderstood.

This section under Category 16 (Penalties) confirms the change fee waiver:

Thank you OP for the deal, booked for mid September and will be keeping everything crossed for the next few months for all of us that have booked!
the change fee is a fare based service fee charged whenever you change a ticket (travel date or flight numbers). It is an additional fee to a possible fare difference. this fee is waived based on the fare rules.
however when the original (historic) fare is no longer available while the ticket is changed AND you have not used any of the flight segments the ticket price is recalculated with the fare price valid on the day of rebooking. The new price might then be a lot higher than this error fare.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
please quote that specific section in the fare rules. I can't find it.
Someone quoted this earlier. Its not specific to this fare but as a general Covid19 rebooking rules.

DATE CHANGES: (for any tickets issued until 31May2020)
1. Two free date changes are allowed within the validity of the ticket. Bookings should be made in the same RBD as originally booked.
If outbound sectors are rebooked, and the ticketed fare is no longer filed, ticket may be reissued against originally ticketed fare.
2. Where the original RBD is not available, rebooking in a higher RBD is permitted however fare difference should be collected. Date change fee is still waived.
3. Where the guest is not able to commit to a new travel date currently, ticket can be kept open/unassociated. Re-association to new travel dates should be done through Oman Air ticket offices/call centres only.
4. Tickets issued in E class on/before 03Mar2020 for all routings except GCC-ISC v.v., intra-GCC and domestic should either be reissued against originally ticketed fare, or should be reissued against an O class fare with no ADC.
5. The above guidelines should be applied to all sectors (online, codeshare, interline, domestic) of an itinerary regardless of operating carrier
Old Apr 14, 2020, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyway looks like the fare is now gone.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 5:58 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Someone quoted this earlier. Its not specific to this fare but as a general Covid19 rebooking rules.
https://www.omanair.com/refund-rebooking-policy - these are not the same as the ones you quoted.

anyway - good luck to all those who got one of these tickets.

Last edited by f0zzyNUE; Apr 14, 2020 at 6:25 am
Old Apr 14, 2020, 6:11 am

Programs: Alaska
Anyway looks like the fare is now gone.

a new business fare filed from ZRH. LELOCH21 now can only book L class economy tickets.

still available from other locations with LELOXX21.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 11:29 pm

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/undefinedHere's some food for thought... unless you're AU/NZ citizen or permanent resident, I would bet money you'll not be visiting either this year. If interested, PM me. LOL

If fare is honoured and there are no flights, you'll probably get some sort of a refund. But if fare is honoured, they rebook you on some operating flights but borders are closed, you'll be out of luck for a refund as you're solely liable for the entry requirements of the final destination.

PS: And if they don't honour the fare, you'll likely get a refund in August

Last edited by mlqsko; Apr 14, 2020 at 11:35 pm
Old Apr 15, 2020, 2:05 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by mlqsko
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/undefinedHere's some food for thought... unless you're AU/NZ citizen or permanent resident, I would bet money you'll not be visiting either this year. If interested, PM me. LOL

If fare is honoured and there are no flights, you'll probably get some sort of a refund. But if fare is honoured, they rebook you on some operating flights but borders are closed, you'll be out of luck for a refund as you're solely liable for the entry requirements of the final destination.

PS: And if they don't honour the fare, you'll likely get a refund in August

I doubt that they will let people board the plane who can't cross the border, and if they do allow it then I guess a direct turn should be possible? (if you are doing a mileage run)

Last edited by Granite64; Apr 15, 2020 at 2:39 am
Old Apr 15, 2020, 7:58 am

Programs: NH AMC, EY Guest Silver,MPC GO
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/undefined
Originally Posted by freed0m
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/undefineda new business fare filed from ZRH. LELOCH21 now can only book L class economy tickets.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/undefinedstill available from other locations with LELOXX21.https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/undefined

fare looks gone from other origin as of now
Old Apr 15, 2020, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Granite64
I doubt that they will let people board the plane who can't cross the border, and if they do allow it then I guess a direct turn should be possible? (if you are doing a mileage run)
There will be no transits, so no MR.

As of today "New Zealand Considers Travel Ban Until Vaccine"
Old Apr 15, 2020, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Sebz4n
WY is not offering refunds for Corona cancellations, even if flights are not operating, so make sure that you are covered by insurance or something in case you need to cancel. Unless the fare is refundable, which I have not checked.

They only allow keeping the value of the ticket, but since you won't find another fare at that price, it won't even be enough for a new economy ticket.

EDIT: Actually the rebooking guidelines reads the following, so perhaps it is possible to rebook the fare in the future.
But it is on thin ice if WY decides this fare should not be honored in the future.
Do you have a source for these rebooking guidelines? Not been able to find them on Oman Air's website
Old Apr 16, 2020, 3:49 am

There will be no transits, so no MR.

As of today "New Zealand Considers Travel Ban Until Vaccine"
Luckily I have a silver fern embossed on my passport 😁
mlqsko likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2020, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Croupier
Luckily I have a silver fern embossed on my passport 😁
You'll enjoy 2 weeks hotel stay for free
Old Apr 16, 2020, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You'll enjoy 2 weeks hotel stay for free
If NZ borders are still closed I doubt MH would fly a wide-body with only a handful of people?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.