Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: AMS - SFO (October to December)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2020, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Hi,

Found this fare for AMS to SFO on Oneworld for 1393 Euro or other dates for a little over 1400 Euro. Flying through PHL will get you 540 tier points for the return trip.

https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...6*2.EUR.139246

Last edited by dverkade; Apr 6, 2020 at 10:11 am Reason: Added currency to price
Old Apr 6, 2020, 4:27 am

Programs: BA GOLD
It would be nice if you may include the price within your post title.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Yes, I noticed that as well, but can't change the title to include the price.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 5:03 am

Nice fare, thanks OP.

Seeing also PHX for 1380€ and a lot of other western cities in the 1400-1500€ range : SJC,LAS,LAX,PDX,SEA,YVR. (in matrix)
dverkade likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 9:35 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
I think you can get better with AMS-LHR-SFO than crossing country in standard 321.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 9:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by 747jetter
I think you can get better with AMS-LHR-SFO than crossing country in standard 321.
Then do AMS-LHR-JFK-LAX-SFO ?
Old Apr 6, 2020, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 747jetter
Depends on what you want. If you only want 1 stopover with max tier points that itinerary makes sense. If you value less tier points but want to fly in BA's club world that route makes more sense.
Old Apr 6, 2020, 10:22 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
All alliances seems to have similar discounted business class prices from AMS to West coast... (Could see those prices for LAX, SFO, PHX, PDX, LAS, ANC, YVR, SEA...)
Hawaii destinations available for about 200 Euros more (before taxes) - see other thread about AMS-HNL deals

Old Apr 6, 2020, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by palmanfr
All alliances seems to have similar discounted business class prices from AMS to West coast... (Could see those prices for LAX, SFO, PHX, PDX, LAS, ANC, YVR, SEA...)
Hawaii destinations available for about 200 Euros more (before taxes) - see other thread about AMS-HNL deals

Yes a lot of EU cities have has discounted fares for over a week now. Fares ex-SOF are the best hence why most of the discussion is in the thread of that title. Of the Western Europe airports AMS seems to have the best fares. But fares from DUB, BCN, MAD, ARN are also good.

In this climate one gets the feeling you can afford to wait and see. Maybe the typically expensive UK and German cities will come into play soon.

Last edited by kilo; Apr 6, 2020 at 10:50 am
Old Apr 6, 2020, 11:16 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by kilo
Yes a lot of EU cities have has discounted fares for over a week now. Fares ex-SOF are the best hence why most of the discussion is in the thread of that title. Of the Western Europe airports AMS seems to have the best fares. But fares from DUB, BCN, MAD, ARN are also good.

In this climate one gets the feeling you can afford to wait and see. Maybe the typically expensive UK and German cities will come into play soon.
Indeed, Let's wait and see.
One thing to note though is the fact AA for instance (and maybe also BA and their joint venture partners) offer zero change fees if booked before the end of the month. I don't know about Star Alliance airlines, but AF/KL have stopped doing this on March 30th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.