Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TAAG: JNB-MVD (Uruguay) $250 ow / $600 rt in Business

TAAG: JNB-MVD (Uruguay) $250 ow / $600 rt in Business

Old Apr 3, 2020, 7:43 am
  #31  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: PEK
Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Posts: 9,012
Originally Posted by recki2016
TAAG is the fully state-owned airline, so it's quite obvious they'll get it from the government.
The government may not have enough cash to do that, so they may have to downsize the airline.
Palal is offline  
Old May 10, 2020, 11:43 pm
  #32  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BKK,UTP,USM
Programs: LH SEN,Flying Blue Platinum, BA GGL, Accor Diamond, HHONORS Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Posts: 33
Anyone who booked still have a valid ticket? checkmytrip shows the flights on TAAG as cancelled but still a valid ticketnumber etc.
mattanapura is offline  
Old May 10, 2020, 11:53 pm
  #33  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Johannesburg
Posts: 78
Originally Posted by mattanapura
Anyone who booked still have a valid ticket? checkmytrip shows the flights on TAAG as cancelled but still a valid ticketnumber etc.
I booked via eDreams for late Nov 2020 and flights still show as confirmed.

Where did you book and for which month/year??
pete_ncl is offline  
Old May 11, 2020, 12:19 am
  #34  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BKK,UTP,USM
Programs: LH SEN,Flying Blue Platinum, BA GGL, Accor Diamond, HHONORS Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Posts: 33
I booked via mytrips.com for mid february 21 and there everything is still confirmed, just the checkmytrip app show the flights as cancelled. And on TAAG website your cant check the booking.
mattanapura is offline  
Old May 11, 2020, 3:03 am
  #35  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bath, UK
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 1,006
Originally Posted by mattanapura
I booked via mytrips.com for mid february 21 and there everything is still confirmed, just the checkmytrip app show the flights as cancelled. And on TAAG website your cant check the booking.
I noticed that yesterday the TAAG website is not showing anything to/from South Africa after October. I suspect it has to do with South Africa still not announcing when they will open their borders.
wijibintheair is offline  
Old May 11, 2020, 3:12 am
  #36  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
Posts: 144
I have a booking for late Feb but honestly wouldn't worry about it till late this year at least. Iím sure there will be lots of schedule changes/route cancellations or even worse.
nilsrtw is offline  
Old May 11, 2020, 4:57 am
  #37  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Brasil
Programs: banned from AA
Posts: 69
Originally Posted by wijibintheair
I noticed that yesterday the TAAG website is not showing anything to/from South Africa after October. I suspect it has to do with South Africa still not announcing when they will open their borders.
Yes, I've seen this with multiple airlines. Had trouble looking for a booking with Kenya Airways for next Jan, because SA hasn't announced when flights will resume.
veganryan is offline  
Old May 11, 2020, 6:57 am
  #38  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: YVR
Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Posts: 4,485
There's plenty of time you can't even fly from like GRU-MVD for $250, this is a steal, IF your circumstances are right. I think Angola is pretty crazy expensive though and a bit hard to get into no? Great find either way, would be cool to fly on the random carrier.
drvannostren is offline  
Old May 11, 2020, 8:02 am
  #39  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Brasil
Programs: banned from AA
Posts: 69
Originally Posted by drvannostren
a bit hard to get into no? .
They have an online visa process for most countries now, pretty simple.
veganryan is offline  
Old May 11, 2020, 8:09 am
  #40  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 174
Originally Posted by mattanapura
I booked via mytrips.com for mid february 21 and there everything is still confirmed, just the checkmytrip app show the flights as cancelled. And on TAAG website your cant check the booking.
how were you able to view it on checkmytrip? what PNR did you enter?
w000t is offline  
Old May 11, 2020, 11:47 pm
  #41  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Johannesburg
Posts: 78
I installed checkmytrip app and checked my booking. TAAG flights appear as cancelled as well.
pete_ncl is offline  
Old May 27, 2020, 10:15 am
  #42  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Programs: TK Elite Plus, BA Silver, AF Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire
Posts: 58
Now TAAG flights seems to be fully (re)confirmed back as booked in C class. Same PNR, same etix nb, but 737-700 ex CPT planned now instead 772.

Last edited by recki2016; May 27, 2020 at 4:02 pm
recki2016 is offline  
Old May 27, 2020, 7:22 pm
  #43  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Executive Club Gold, Miles & Bonus Gold, Alaska Mileage Plan, Aeroplan, LifeMiles
Posts: 93
It looks like South Africa is closed until february 2021 https://onemileatatime.com/south-africa-tourism/
Any ideas if it's possible to reschedule easily?
BCNforever is offline  
Old May 28, 2020, 1:50 am
  #44  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bath, UK
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 1,006
Originally Posted by BCNforever
It looks like South Africa is closed until february 2021 https://onemileatatime.com/south-africa-tourism/
Any ideas if it's possible to reschedule easily?
I would not trust in that at all. The source used for that article has already proved invalid. The country moves to level 3 on the 1st June, 2 months ahead of the schedule on which the article is based. As other countries around South Africa start opening up to tourism (Tanzania has already done so, and I suspect Zambia and Namibia may soon follow), South Africa will find it hard not to do the same.
BCNforever likes this.
wijibintheair is offline  
Old May 29, 2020, 7:56 pm
  #45  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: British Columbia
Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Posts: 7,263
Originally Posted by wijibintheair
I would not trust in that at all. The source used for that article has already proved invalid. The country moves to level 3 on the 1st June, 2 months ahead of the schedule on which the article is based. As other countries around South Africa start opening up to tourism (Tanzania has already done so, and I suspect Zambia and Namibia may soon follow), South Africa will find it hard not to do the same.
It may be sooner but I doubt it will be a free-for-all. I can see that initially it will be from select countries who have managed COVID-19 well. It will be expanding bubbles, not a global welcoming. The US has recently banned flights from Brazil which makes sense because they haven't got their country under control yet.

James
Flying for Fun is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.