FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   AM: Various Canada - South America in biz under $1400 CAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/2014351-am-various-canada-south-america-biz-under-1400-cad.html)

Flyingfares Apr 11, 2020 12:56 pm

AM: Canada - South America from $752 rt

All prices are in USD.

Some business class flights with Aeromexico to various destinations in South America.

Starting at $415 roundtrip and $752 roundtrip for flights with a long full-flat leg

Book on/before: 14 April

Travel till: 15 December

Stopovers: not permitted

Flight examples

Montreal - Lima $415 (non full-flat)
Montreal - Medellin $425 (non full-flat)
Montreal - Bogota $425 (non full-flat)
Montreal - Quito $445 (non full-flat)
Montreal - Santiago $758
Montreal - Sao Paulo $758
Montreal - Buenos Aires $801

Toronto - Lima $434 (non full-flat)
Toronto - Medellin $428 (non full-flat)
Toronto - Bogota $428 (non full-flat)
Toronto - Quito $446 (non full-flat)
Toronto - Santiago $754
Toronto - Sao Paulo $754
Toronto - Sao Paulo $796

Vancouver - Lima $415 (non full-flat)
Vancouver - Medellin $425 (non full-flat)
Vancouver - Bogota $425 (non full-flat)
Vancouver - Quito $445 (non full-flat)
Vancouver - Santiago $752
Vancouver - Sao Paulo $752 Google Flights
Vancouver - Buenos Aires $795

mileageking Apr 11, 2020 1:11 pm

Note, airfare Flyingfares mentions are in USD for travel originating from Canadian cities.

maverikbc Apr 11, 2020 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by mileageking (Post 32284834)
Note, airfare Flyingfares mentions are in USD for travel originating from Canadian cities.

Pretty annoying when most, if not all ex CA fares are priced in CAD, any converted amount is constantly changing while CAD prices usually aren't. Let's follow the forum rules, and specify the currency quoted.

Just like stock markets, I keep asking myself 'have I seen the bottom yet?'. With airfares, then I need to ask more questions: will I be able to fly in the fall, winter, next spring? How much J (that of AM) experience gets reduced at lounges and onboard? Food all individually wrapped, so much that they'll be like Y food? Or worse, no food/drinks at all? Business and leisure travels, which one recovers quicker? If business travel doesn't recover as quick, am I be better off waiting until they actually start flying with normal schedule and see the effects on reduced J experience?

Flyingfares Apr 11, 2020 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by mileageking (Post 32284834)

I could've made it more clear yeah. Made an edit in the post.

mileageking Apr 11, 2020 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingfares (Post 32285191)
I could've made it more clear yeah. Made an edit in the post.

All good and thanks for posting. Also appreciate moderator merging various threads :)

angra Apr 11, 2020 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by maverikbc (Post 32285060)
Just like stock markets, I keep asking myself 'have I seen the bottom yet?'. With airfares, then I need to ask more questions: will I be able to fly in the fall, winter, next spring? How much J (that of AM) experience gets reduced at lounges and onboard? Food all individually wrapped, so much that they'll be like Y food? Or worse, no food/drinks at all? Business and leisure travels, which one recovers quicker? If business travel doesn't recover as quick, am I be better off waiting until they actually start flying with normal schedule and see the effects on reduced J experience?

With AM I'd be more concerned about them cancelling the flight and giving you a voucher that you have to use on AM to buy more expensive fares

rizrizriz Apr 11, 2020 5:10 pm

Or that they are even not around as a business and you get pennies on the dollar, if that as they file for bankruptcy

maverikbc Apr 11, 2020 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by angra (Post 32285436)
With AM I'd be more concerned about them cancelling the flight and giving you a voucher that you have to use on AM to buy more expensive fares

During the normal times and the recently, they keep coming up with J sale fares, and I haven't heard of them cancelling. After all, we buy them for miles, not for their products, so their prices are never too good to be true, IMO.

Originally Posted by rizrizriz (Post 32285437)
Or that they are even not around as a business and you get pennies on the dollar, if that as they file for bankruptcy

I'm optimistic that it's backed by DL JV. You 'should' however buy with your credit cards, not debit, etc.

angra Apr 11, 2020 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by maverikbc (Post 32285496)
During the normal times and the recently, they keep coming up with J sale fares, and I haven't heard of them cancelling. After all, we buy them for miles, not for their products.

But it is exactly what they are doing now. There are endless reports/complaints on twitter from people they've cancelled flights on and left them with no rebooking, no help, no nothing except for a voucher that can only be used on AM. Yes, other airlines are also playing similar games, but certainly not all of them, and very few as flagrantly as AM. It's a fair thing to be aware of and to be wary of.

maverikbc Apr 11, 2020 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by angra (Post 32285505)
But it is exactly what they are doing now. There are endless reports/complaints on twitter from people they've cancelled flights on and left them with no rebooking, no help, no nothing except for a voucher that can only be used on AM. Yes, other airlines are also playing similar games, but certainly not all of them, and very few as flagrantly as AM. It's a fair thing to be aware of and to be wary of.

Oh, I thought you were talking about flash sale fares not being honored.

I guess AM is pushing the envelope slowly to see how low would be the tipping point we're willing to take risks.

With many people recently filed chargebacks with their credit card issuers, I hear most cases they were given tentative credits, it'll be interesting what the final outcome will be in a few months.