Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL/WS: YVR-BOG $894 CAD including 1 segment D1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL/WS: YVR-BOG $894 CAD including 1 segment D1

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2020, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
DL/WS: YVR-BOG $864 CAD RT including 1 segment D1

Update 3/10: $864 on 9/29-10/21 is gone, but I haven't looked extensively, you may find it on other dates. The $894 deal is still there on dates below.

Update 3/9: Not only prices in the OP are still available, but new dates with lower price have opened up. Example dates for $864 is outbound on 9/29, inbound on 10/21: YVR-LAX-(D1)-JFK-BOG-JFK-SEA-YVR which earns 17,135MQMs for DL flyers.

Use currency converter on xe.com to your favorite currency.

Limited availability at the lowest price at $894 (coming back via SEA), a little easier to find at $899 (coming back via YYZ). All segments are Z class, including D1 ATL-BOG (not other direction), first and last legs from/to YVR are operated by WS (except routing SEA-YVR on DL metal). If you're willing to pay a bit more, there are many dates with sub $1.1k: I haven't checked quality of routings / flights with those, however. YYC and YEG seem to start around $1k.

$894 example dates are 9/29 outbound, 10/20 inbound, $899 example dates are 9/22, 29 outbound, 10/20 inbound.

https://www.google.ca/flights#flt=/m/080h2.BOG.2020-09-29.YVRYYZ0WS724~YYZATL1DL2467~ATLBOG1DL981*BOG./m/080h2.2020-10-20.BOGJFK0DL254~JFKSEA1DL2927~SEAYVR1DL4523;c:CAD; e:1;sc:b;sd:1;t:f;sp:2.CAD.89898*2.CAD.89898

Showing up on GF, Delta.com, expedia.ca, but not on ITA, Orbitz, etc.

Skymiles redemptions start at 59k+$190 on different dates than cash fares. Main Cabin (not Basic) starts at 24k+$190, with fairly good availability. On a random date when award was 24k, cash fare for Main was $860 (wow).

DL flyers earn, on YVR-LAX-ATL-BOG-JFK-SEA-YVR route, 2,650Miles, 15,778MQMs (at 150%), and $530MQDs.

VS flyers earn on DL operated portions only. For example with LAX-ATL-BOG-JFK-SEA , 80 tier points (20x4 legs), 17,878 redeemable miles at 200%.

Any better earnings with other FFPs?

I prefer LAX/SEA route at $894, to both YYZ inbound and outbound at $899. YYZ route has shorter travel time, but I wouldn't be comfortable clearing US pre clearance in 1h37m outboud.

DL is currently offering one time change fee waiver if booked with them directly.
okazon69 and SFO_Canuck like this.

Last edited by maverikbc; Mar 10, 2020 at 7:42 pm
Old Mar 8, 2020, 9:02 am

Very interesting opportunity to rack up some MQM. I'm seeing e.g. YVR-LAX-JFK-BOG-JFK-SEA-YVR (only LAX-JFK in D1) for C$978 but 17,135 MQM. (10-21 Oct)

The trick would be to find a relatively short turn or make a vacation out of it. A stopover is allowed each way - have you been able to get a reasonable price including one?
Old Mar 8, 2020, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by okazon69
Very interesting opportunity to rack up some MQM. I'm seeing e.g. YVR-LAX-JFK-BOG-JFK-SEA-YVR (only LAX-JFK in D1) for C$978 but 17,135 MQM. (10-21 Oct)

The trick would be to find a relatively short turn or make a vacation out of it. A stopover is allowed each way - have you been able to get a reasonable price including one?
To make a stopover, I guess you need to play around with multi-city. I still see same $894-899 on the same dates in my OP. When I enter YVR-ATL on 9/22, ATL-BOG on 9/29, BOG-YVR on 10/20, the fare jumps to $1,012.

For DL elites, especially those higher up, and if they don't need much MQM, redeeming 24k Skymiles+$190 for Main Cabin can be a great value: even as a bottom Silver, I always get Comfort+ at minimum. I also think cancellation/change with awards are more relaxed than this F fare? The only time I didn't get any upgrade was the last flight HKG-SEA, it seemed like DL was flying many employees in Comfort+ (also possibly in J) that day.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 10:32 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold, US Gold, AS MVP Gold
Available from YUL as well at 606 USD
Old Mar 9, 2020, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by jasonq
Available from YUL as well at 606 USD
Yes, but far fewer MQM...
Old Mar 9, 2020, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

new lower price + CAD crash

I've updated my OP with the new lower price with different dates combo and routings.

Worth noting for our friends who have credit cards other than CAD is that its value has dropped from around 1.342/USD to around 1.365/USD last 2 days, safe-haven currencies like JPY are seeing an even bigger surge. Translation: for example, if you have a credit card based in USD, your purchase power with CAD has increased around 1.7% last 2 days, around 2.4% last 1 week. While the crash was nowhere close to what we've seen in Turkey a while back, it's worth pointing out.

I believe all ex-CA deals should be displayed in CAD in this forum, as most deals ex-CA are priced in CAD, hence we haven't seen any price fluctuations since I posted this deal. I wasn't expecting that I could prove my point so soon
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I don't see any such pricing when searching business or first class with Google Flights. You got a link to such an example?
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lsquare
I don't see any such pricing when searching business or first class with Google Flights. You got a link to such an example?
I've updated my OP, and I added the link to GF.

I find flex date search on delta.com faster than GF, though.
I'm disappointed AM (or any other carriers) hasn't matched yet.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by maverikbc

Minimum of one month travel time? It's a bit long. I wouldn't mind doing this if it was a week long.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 8:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by maverikbc

Aeromexico is 200 CAD more or USD 809... (Memorial day weekend) but you earn it in MQDs...

YVR-BOG would earn 17644 RDMs 13233 MQMs 3529 MQDs 4.36 MQD Ratio
Old Mar 10, 2020, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lsquare
Minimum of one month travel time? It's a bit long. I wouldn't mind doing this if it was a week long.
I like to have +-3 weeks trip, that's how I've found this deal, and as you can see, the availability is limited so I don't think I've seen any week-long dates combo.

What I suggest you is to go to delta.com desktop site, check the flex dates box. After the matrix gets displayed, click on calendar view with ... Say 7days. once you find acceptable fares, go back to the date boxes, enter the new found dates. As you saw in the first step, it should show a matrix of +-3 days. This way you can see more fares which the initial 7-day search has missed.

Try that, share what you find with us.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jfkeze
Aeromexico is 200 CAD more or USD 809... (Memorial day weekend) but you earn it in MQDs...

YVR-BOG would earn 17644 RDMs 13233 MQMs 3529 MQDs 4.36 MQD Ratio
AM's lowest now is $1.1k CAD as you mentioned, but I've seen theirs in $900s every couple of months, so in this current climate, I know they can do lower. Maybe DL/AM joint venture is preventing cannibalizing?

DL pros:
* US preclearance and US immigration with Global Entry or mobile passport are less painful than transfer at MEX.
*. Food at Sky Clubs are better than Salón Premier at MEX (omg I wish I could find routings with long layovers at SEA).
*​ ​​​​​I like DL crews better than AM crews in general.
* This fare includes a short Delta One ride that I've been curious to try.
*. Comes with one time free change if booked this month. I don't know if it's extended to bookings with OTAs, though.
* When I flew AM J UIO-MEX-LAX, the agent at UIO refused to thru check my bag to LAX due to several hours layover at MEX (but same day, or maybe a little past midnight?). Luckily I was able to recheck at MEX landside soon as I arrived, but I don't know what their official policy is.

AM pros:
*. More than 15k RDMs! And about same amount of MQMs with this fare.
*. Tequilas and mezcales selections at Salón Premier at MEX are unmatched.
*. Access to Skyteam lounge at international departures at YVR. While food quality is between Sky Club and Salón Premier, they have an extensive Canadian and international wine selection (and a noodle bar outside of breakfast hours). WS Premium with this deal gives access to Plaza Premium at YVR, I guess.

So yeah, if the price was same, I'd take AM. Being a Silver, twenty something k miles + $190 for Main Cabin is also enticing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.